|OT| Batman: Arkham City - This is my city.

Which platform are you getting Batman: Arkham City on?

• PS3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox 360

• Waiting to get it on PC

• Not getting it.

• Total voters
UghRochester said:
No wonder I was doing it wrong. As I played the game, NOT once did I use that glide trick. Yes, this is my first time seeing that.

Don't feel bad, I think I jumped off every building in the city looking for that achievement. The buildings near the museum, the GCPD building, the smokestacks near the steel mill. I really don't like that you couldn't freely glide all the way off of Wonder Tower. IMO, that made that achievement stupid.

I figure this thread is worth a bump for one reason. EASTER EGG HUNTING!

If you don't want to be Easter Egg'd, look away.

After doing the podcast (did that ever go live, by the way?) I went looking for the numbers Daniel mentioned.

Well, there are three sets of them.

The first say "I will return Batman" (700-500)
The second say "You will pay for what you did to me" (500-900)
And the third say "Fear will tear Gotham to shreds" (200-500)
Something like that.

Well, after doing a little more easter egg hunting, I found that there's a secret barge out on the harbor you can enter. And when you do, there's a bunch of cockroaches, a recently deceased person, and an invoice for Dr. J. Crane.

So what does it all mean?

Obviously that Scarecrow survived the Croc encounter, there's likely going to be a third game, and he will be the star. He was the only one not to make a repeat appearance, and the only main Batman villain to be out of this game.

I whited it all out, just in case. But I'm calling it now.

Longo_2_guns said:
I figure this thread is worth a bump for one reason. EASTER EGG HUNTING!

If you don't want to be Easter Egg'd, look away.

After doing the podcast (did that ever go live, by the way?).
I don't think it has. Daniel probably erased it, because of how tired and how moronic I sounded during the podcast. I had so much to talk about, but I was way too tired to focus. It was still nice to sit down and talk about the game though.

On that note, since Daniel mentioned about Harley's pregnancy test, I had to check it out myself. Afterwards, I was completing The Riddler's hostages. Can't remember which hostage it was, but you had to use detective mode to pick the correct door. It took me a couple times to figure out I was being fooled by The Riddler. Also, was any of The Ventriloquist in the game? I didn't see them yet.

Just beat the main story. It seemed a bit short but it definitely wasn't lacking in awesome. Joker was pretty much the funniest character I've seen in any game. His missed phone calls were hilarious, especially the 3rd or 4th one where he keeps calling you. I haven't had time to go through all of the side missions but my motivation has definitely diminished since beating the game :(

Finally beat the main story. Nothing like finishing a game and finding out that your completion still ranks under 50%. Really good story, great inclusion of the rogues gallery. Just one major complaint. Why show Robin once? Really wish they would've fleshed out more sidekicks.

Favorite boss battle: Easy, Ra's al Ghul.

My biggest gripe would be that the scarecrow levels were not really recreated in any way and that it felt like combat was more important than stealth this time around.

Also, I love the flying/grappling and the Riddler puzzles have been awesome brain teasers.

Finished off Bane missions pretty quickly as well as Zsasz. Still working on a couple of others.

Also, screw you remote controlled batarang. SCREW YOU!

What's everybody's problem with the remote control batarang? That its controls are inverted? Big deal.

Fuck no. (And you can change that if you need to in the options.) It's the fact that I'm hitting invisible edges all the damn time. Don't take my rage, used. Give me this.

Yeah it's really only for getting riddler trophies, but they're some of the more puzzling ones. The solution is not usually obvious until you fly the remote batarang around and look for paths.

You guys obviously haven't been playing the predator challenges. There's a medal in one of them that requires you to use a remote controlled batarang to knock a thug over a ledge. In later rooms it's pretty much the only way to clear out a challenge room without risky all of your health.

Sold it to Amazon.

I enjoyed it for awhile though. Had to come to grips with the fact that its not my style.

danielrbischoff said:
You guys obviously haven't been playing the predator challenges. There's a medal in one of them that requires you to use a remote controlled batarang to knock a thug over a ledge. In later rooms it's pretty much the only way to clear out a challenge room without risky all of your health.
But it doesn't even knock them all the way out...

Longo_2_guns said:
danielrbischoff said:
... it does if you actually hit them off the ledge or over a railing. They have to fall from one level to another.

danielrbischoff said:
Longo_2_guns said:
danielrbischoff said:
... it does if you actually hit them off the ledge or over a railing. They have to fall from one level to another.
Oh, I've been trying to knock them off skyscrapers. If they would fall from a high distance, I guess you can consider they might die. Of course, Batman doesn't kill anyone.

Yeah, he just curb stomps them, glides into them at high speed, hits them with baseball bats. Batman walks a scary thin line when you think about the beatings he lays down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod