|OT| Batman: Arkham City - This is my city.

Which platform are you getting Batman: Arkham City on?

• PS3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Xbox 360

• Waiting to get it on PC

• Not getting it.

• Total voters
Did some serious Riddler trophy hunting last night. I think I polished off most the riddles, and I finally figured out how to do the 3 sensor riddle trophy challenges. Awesome. Knocked down a crap-ton and yet I still can't go to the final Riddler challenge. :(

Also, that Mr. Freeze boss fight was sweet. It was like Predator Course 101, and one of the few times where they really taught you in game about all your abilities.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Did some serious Riddler trophy hunting last night. I think I polished off most the riddles, and I finally figured out how to do the 3 sensor riddle trophy challenges. Awesome. Knocked down a crap-ton and yet I still can't go to the final Riddler challenge. :(

It took me a while to figure out how to do some of the challenges where you have to throw multiple switches. Couldn't figure out how to move batarangs quick enough.

Then I realized you can just explosive gel them and it works. Problem solved.

The worst for me were the trophies where you had to glide over the floor sensors in confined spaces. Those took a few tries.

Anybody hear what/when the next DLC will be? Story or challenges? I'd probably download either, even though I have not come close to getting my money's worth from the first two character/challenge room DLCs. I just love Batman.

Nightwing and Robin are just sitting there eyeballin' me. And from the sound of things, it's just more challenge maps.

How sweet would it be if they had story DLC? They should apportion a small amount of time to story DLC outside in Gotham City with Robin, Nightwing, and Oracle fighting the more mundane criminals or how fucking sweet would it be if they did a short story DLC about them dealing with Hush! Nerdgasm.

Hush is already in the game, in a rather stupid side quest. I bought the Nightwing and Robin DLCs, and yes they are just a couple more challenge maps and the two characters who can only be used in challenge mode, which is not my favorite way to play at all. Terrible purchases? You bet. But my Nightwing fandom wouldn't have allowed me not to purchase it day one. Same with Robin and any other DLC they would sell.

At least Robin speaks. Nightwing is crazy silent.

Also, when you play the predator challenges with Robin, The Riddler and his thugs have new dialogue specifically taunting Robin. I'm not sure if there's new lines for Nightwing as i havent even played a predator challenge as him yet.

ALSO Robin's very cool Red Robin outfit is included. Nightwing doesn't get the red variant of his outfit nor does he get his Dick Grayson Batman suit, which is unfortunate.

Nightwing sucks.

That's all I have to add to this.

I, too, would like some story DLC. But I have a feeling they're saving it all for the next game.

Longo_2_guns said:
Nightwing sucks.

tumblr_lhh58pYYiC1qggr29o1_400.jpg

Yes, I know that Hush is in it, in a very disappointing way. What I'm trying to say is, have them take on Hush outside of Arkham City in the general areas of Gotham, while he poses as Bruce. Imagine having to infiltrate Wayne Corp or even Wayne Manor, as he holds it hostage while all of this crazy AC stuff is going on. I mean, I have a really hard time believing that no free-roaming villains wouldn't take advantage of all that turmoil and police presence in one area. You have to reach a bit further into the bag, but you could totally have Scarecrow, Deathstroke, Firefly or Killer Moth, David & Cassandra Cain, dropped into AC, or have the boys take on even just the mob on the outside.

Also, did anybody else feel that this was a pretty linear experience for a sandbox game? I'm not complaining, it made the story stand out a lot more.

Also, after listening to the podcast, this one's for you, Dan.
batman_priority-override.jpg

How could you ignore those poor political prisoners.

FINALLY! Saved the lady cop from the Riddler! I guess I still need to catch him though.

Finished the last AR Training. It was Training #1, the one where you have to glide out a bit (gate 1), dive bomb (gates 2 &3), and then pull out of it and glide through the clown tunnel (gates 4 & 5). I completed most of the others within 3 or 4 tries. I'm pretty sure that if I were to take stats on that one, I'd be 1 for, like, 80.

But that's it now. Just clearing up trophies (cleared all the small buildings) and started the challenge rooms.

AR training was brutal. The one where you have to fly through the tunnel in the Joker's compound almost had me throw my controller at the screen.

And that hasn't happened since my SNES days.

Yeah, that's the one. Ridiculous hard to get but...I've got to admit though...I felt pretty BA when I finally got it. I was all like "I am the Fucking Night!" when I finally got it. Slept well that night.

So I just bought this tonight, and I don't know if it just me, it likely is, but I'm not really enjoying my time with it at all so far. Which sucks, because I want to like it, everyone keeps saying its amazing. But so far, it seems like mostly fetch quests and pigeon hunting (S'what I call collectable quests, after the pigeons in Vice City). Voice acting is great, story is... not sure yet. Graphics are amazing. The city itself is confusing to navigate though, at least to me. I'll keep playing, maybe it'll grab me, but right now I'm worried I blew 60 on a hype-machine game. Thing is, I'm a comic-book fanboy, so I SHOULD be enjoying this, I don't honestly know why I'm not. It isn't any one thing, or any amount of little things. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood tonight and should try it later. S'not like I can find faults with the game, I just don't seem to be enjoying it.

Green_Lantern said:
I was the same way when I started, once you get the hang of everything it gets a lot more enjoyable.

I completely agree with GL on this. It takes a while to get into it. I have found that I feel this way with most open world games.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle