|OT| Battlefield 3

I will purchase Battlefield 3 and play with other Revolutionaries on....

• PC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3

• Xbox 360

• Tiger Handheld

• Total voters
Haha, I'm saving the SP for Christmas. I am fully dedicating my honeymoon period with BF3 to MP. It's best to spend that time with more than just yourself. The new squad selection is a little clunky, but it's nice to be able to just have your whole squad jump to an open letter instead of crossing your fingers and hoping to drop in the right one.

After playing the crap out of BF:BC2, it sucks starting over again with weapons. Played a couple of matches last night. Played one game with a wiz of a heli pilot. Then the next two games I wasted on a squad that ran in four different directions and used vehicles like taxis.

TheJx4 said:
used44 said:
TheJx4 said:
Honestly, I thought everyone was overexaggerating about the SP campaign.

No more.

Oh yeah it's straight unplayable.

and I really, really, really tried to stomach the first level. I just couldn't.

You have no idea how bad it gets. The end of the game is terrible. Really, really, terrible.

I got 1/4 thru on the hardest difficulty, got frustrated and restarted on Normal, then advanced barely past where I had got to on hard and never played it again.

Perhaps someone should nominate the single-player campaign for biggest disappointment of the year. Because it was.

"A Rock and a Hard Place" is perhaps the best mission, gameplay wise. It is also the point the game's storyline attempts to push to through out its duration, but by this point, the story has become absolute cannon fodder, and the majority of what is happening has already been revealed to you. The way this single-player just attempts to work against itself is nothing short of epic.

The mission is awesome though, at least on the first playthrough.

Bretimus_v2 said:
This is all sad to hear, both Bad Companies had decent SP. What were those crazy Nords thinking?

It is a bit idiotic, and a few parts absolutely unnecessary, but it is worth playing through once.

I just think that they failed to capture the Battlefield essence with the campaign. Even though I didn't really like Bad Company, I still found the game fun to playthrough, and it delivered on what a Battlefield game should be.

But with 3 here, its 90% infantry, and most of the vehicle scenes are on rails. They traded the chaotic Battlefield scene for a CoD clone. Still Bret, you bought it, you owe it a playthrough, no matter how much we've lowered your expectations.

It's alright, I can deal with lowered expectations. To be honest, I really just bought this for the online and so I could hang with my Bad Company pals some more. Like I said, I'm just going to save the Solo Campaign for Christmas (since technically this is my Christmas gift) and just enjoy the MP for now.

Also, why do all these dipshits have hard-ons for the stupid EOD bot? Gah!

Still loving my MP and the latest patch is a great start in the right direction.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...I decided that I would fiddle with the SP. I get to Operation Swordbreaker and I'm coming out of the basement and...zap. I get taken back to the menu and given 1 of 2 messages. Either "You lost your connection with EA" or "You were disconnected from PSN." Nevermind that it's an offline SP, right. This happened five times, same part each time.

EA, your game is stupid and you should feel stupid too.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Still loving my MP and the latest patch is a great start in the right direction.

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...I decided that I would fiddle with the SP. I get to Operation Swordbreaker and I'm coming out of the basement and...zap. I get taken back to the menu and given 1 of 2 messages. Either "You lost your connection with EA" or "You were disconnected from PSN." Nevermind that it's an offline SP, right. This happened five times, same part each time.

EA, your game is stupid and you should feel stupid too.

You mean DICE?

4 new maps, some new guns (and new way to unlock them, Assignments), three new vehicles, and a new gametype, Conquest Assault.

Can't wait for it to drop on 360.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod