|OT| Battlefield 3

I will purchase Battlefield 3 and play with other Revolutionaries on....

• PC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3

• Xbox 360

• Tiger Handheld

• Total voters
Arrived today. Will be playing it tonight and tomorrow. Woot.

EDIT: Fuck you origin. So you get the retail, disk version. Does origin recognize the disks, as steam does, and install them using your disk drive?

OF COURSE FUCKING NOT! THIS IS EA YOU IDIOT. WE DON'T DO WHAT MAKES SENSE!

So I have to download it, painfully slow. .1% every 2-5 seconds basically.

I'll be playing tomorrow.

danielrbischoff said:
Destructoid is full of s***. They treat their scores like jokes and offer up controversial opinions like prime rib. Look around the internet. NO ONE is giving Kirby's Return to Dreamland a 10 or even close to it.

Now I'm not one to say that reviewers should stick to popular opinion. Quite to the contrary (although I suppose my scores tend to slip in to "popular" territory more often than not). Regardless, no one should manipulate scores to "prove a point."

Let's take a look at this one for example:
http://www.destructoid.com/review-deadl ... 5168.phtml
I know a lot of people enjoyed that game (Longo) but are you f****** kidding me?

Reviews should be nothing more than the reviewers opinion of the game. NOTHING ELSE.

That's what that was.
Reviews are glorified nowadays, which is why Metacritic is a plague.

So been playing BF3 yesterday and today, the campaign is actually enjoyable DICE did good (I only say that since BF hasn't really had singleplayer since Bad Companies), haven't finished it but I feel like I have two or three missions then I'm done. Short but fun campaign. THe multiplayer is amazing, had my first jet battle today and after a number of dog fights later got my first jet kill and felt so accomplished. Flying jets is tough when you don't have counter-measures. Multiplayer wise I think BF3 is more enjoyable than COD but I realize they are two different styles of gameplay but I would find myself playing BF3 for much longer than MW3. Campaign wise I'd have to wait for MW3 to release to compare.

I realize than I just brought up a MW3 vs BF3 thing, I just wanted to mention that one aspect I'm not trying to actually blah blah this or bash blah blah that

Delorean88 said:
So been playing BF3 yesterday and today, the campaign is actually enjoyable DICE did good (I only say that since BF hasn't really had singleplayer since Bad Companies), haven't finished it but I feel like I have two or three missions then I'm done. Short but fun campaign. THe multiplayer is amazing, had my first jet battle today and after a number of dog fights later got my first jet kill and felt so accomplished. Flying jets is tough when you don't have counter-measures. Multiplayer wise I think BF3 is more enjoyable than COD but I realize they are two different styles of gameplay but I would find myself playing BF3 for much longer than MW3. Campaign wise I'd have to wait for MW3 to release to compare.

I realize than I just brought up a MW3 vs BF3 thing, I just wanted to mention that one aspect I'm not trying to actually blah blah this or bash blah blah that

Didn't they claim it was.... 10 hours?

anyways, PC or console?

Green_Lantern said:
I, for one, love Jim Sterling.....
Don't get me wrong. He's opinionated and he can be funny, but the scoring is off and at the end of the day it feeds far too many trolls and other internet monsters.

TheJx4 said:
Reviews should be nothing more than the reviewers opinion of the game. NOTHING ELSE.
That's what that was.
Yeah, but scores like that manipulate the system and hurt developers, publishers, and (more importantly) other reviewers. Even if you love a game, you have to judge it for what it is. Here's an example from my work:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/ca ... -of-shadow
If I were really rating the game on my opinion I would have given it an A, but you have to judge everything in the package, including bugs and camera angles and technical faults.

danielrbischoff said:
TheJx4 said:
That's what that was.
Yeah, but scores like that manipulate the system and hurt developers, publishers, and (more importantly) other reviewers. Even if you love a game, you have to judge it for what it is. Here's an example from my work:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/ca ... -of-shadow
If I were really rating the game on my opinion I would have given it an A, but you have to judge everything in the package, including bugs and camera angles and technical faults.

Honestly, I'm just not a fan of scores being averaged.

nhartmann31 I think. Origin is the worst.

Complaints: Every time you finish a scripted battle, there's a hard lag as it loads the next scripted segment. The story is down right idiotic, and why, why god so many QUICKTIME EVENTS. PRESS SPACE NOT TO DIE. NOW E. NOW RIGHT MOUSE.

Seriously, can I like, shoot something? And melee feels pointless because once you get in range they pull you into a scripted sequence with you getting stabbed.

One retarded instance of this was being directed to make a stealth kill, thinking I'd walk up and stab him in the back, I fleetingly ignored a PRESS SPACE TO MELEE quicktime event walked right passed it...and fell over dead. nothing attacked me, no shots fired, no knives stabbed. Just killed.

It's a terrible system, no idea why they would want to use that.

Wait....is it DRM?
and I hate how you have to link your account to Origin, then manually add friends instead of everything being automatic.

*Consoles.

Green_Lantern said:
I, for one, love Jim Sterling.....

Carry on.

I also love Destructoid and Jim Sterling. But I'm aware that he can feed the trolls when it comes to his interpretation of scores. I also think he reviews too many games. Like four or five a week, sometimes.

So basically, I cannot play this right now, because I am unable to install the necessary graphics drives on my system. Nvidia for some reason has removed support for my system from their updates, and thus I have to modify the inf files to make the graphics drivers install. This has apparently worked great for almost everyone in my situation.

Unfortunately for me, I'm having some yet as unidentified problem which causes the installer to fail out when trying to install the Nvidia control panel. Long story short, it isn't working, and I want to kill something right now.

Nvidia of course won't help, since they don't support my shit, and Dell has decided to sit on their hands (like always) when it comes to releasing modified drivers that work.

Long story short, I'm in a really, really, bad mood.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
NO worries nick, the multiplayer doesn't work anyways.

lol. I was actually able to get by the problem by clicking the close x in the upper right corner of the error message, instead of hitting OK. I guess I'll probably run into problems graphically, and maybe some crashes, but this should hold me over until Dell releases some workable drivers.

I'm going to be online for the XBox tonight if anybody wants to play. Don't have a mic though.

I'll either be using: TERMINATORxBM or Hoggy Hog2

Be kind, let me know who you are please.

StickyGreenGamer said:
I'm going to be online for the XBox tonight if anybody wants to play. Don't have a mic though.

I'll either be using: TERMINATORxBM or Hoggy Hog2

Be kind, let me know who you are please.

You'd be surprised at how well you can work as a team without a mic.

I didn't think this would happen, but I enjoy BF3 more than BC2! DICE has a ways to go before the console versions are right as rain, though. The potential of this game is so high.

TheJx4 said:

As long as your said "team" goes for the objective and not strictly kills. Too many times I'll be playing Conquest and this seems to be the problem, everyone thinking it's TDM. It pisses me off, playing with friends is very recommended when playing Conquest or Rush.

CloacalKiss said:
I didn't think this would happen, but I enjoy BF3 more than BC2! DICE has a ways to go before the console versions are right as rain, though. The potential of this game is so high.

TheJx4 said:

As long as your said "team" goes for the objective and not strictly kills. Too many times I'll be playing Conquest and this seems to be the problem, everyone thinking it's TDM. It pisses me off, playing with friends is very recommended when playing Conquest or Rush.

I only play the Squad variants.
You HAVE to work together.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle