|OT| Battlefield 3

I will purchase Battlefield 3 and play with other Revolutionaries on....

• PC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3

• Xbox 360

• Tiger Handheld

• Total voters
NickKmet said:
The only thing I could see keeping people from going for Battlefield over MW3 is that the game-play is slightly different, with the larger maps and vehicle usage. Otherwise, I don't know why you would pick MW3.

I think that the CoD games have a very different pace. They're quicker, smaller and reward solo play. If you look at where most people are when they're playing it, it's in Deathmatches. And when you play any of the objective based games, it's like people don't know how you win them. Still, I enjoy MW2 still from time to time. They're not horrible games and the online syncs well enough.

My most recent experience comes from Bad Company 2. Battlefield though is big, a little more methodical, it rewards team work and good planning. I think I've played Deathmatch 3 times and it had a different flavor but really the objective based games are the meat and potatoes. My gripe is that everyone gripes about the lack of rewards when leveling past ~25. I could care less personally.

Bretimus_v2 said:
I think that the CoD games have a very different pace. They're quicker, smaller and reward solo play. If you look at where most people are when they're playing it, it's in Deathmatches. And when you play any of the objective based games, it's like people don't know how you win them. Still, I enjoy MW2 still from time to time. They're not horrible games and the online syncs well enough.

My most recent experience comes from Bad Company 2. Battlefield though is big, a little more methodical, it rewards team work and good planning. I think I've played Deathmatch 3 times and it had a different flavor but really the objective based games are the meat and potatoes. My gripe is that everyone gripes about the lack of rewards when leveling past ~25. I could care less personally.

I would agree with that. I play with an active clan though that uses Teamspeak (I play on PC), so objective based game play is often the most fun. I will agree though, Battlefield isn't always that great for solo play.

Battlefield 3
http://www.gamerevolution.com/game/battlefield-3
bf3---mp---caspian-border---gamescom02.jpg

Release Date: October 25th, 2011 Platforms: PC, PS3, Xbox 360
bf3---mp---caspian-border---gamescom07.jpg

Battlefield 3 is a return to the core line of Battlefield games from DICE and EA. None of that Bad Company bull shit. Sure there's a single-player campaign. There's even co-op. Seriously though, it's all about multiplayer. Have you seen this trailer?
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/duh-duh-ddumdum-duh-duh-ddumdum-7703
Here's GameRevolution's Preview and a growing list of news and media:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/preview/battlefield-3 By Kuulei
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/what ... -pack-8177
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/batt ... x-360-7795
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/ea-c ... ponds-7763
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/8-mi ... eplay-7581
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/batt ... locks-7503
http://www.gamerevolution.com/manifesto ... -mess-7467

My first OT, hope everyone else is excited for the game!

Just to post it at the end of the thread if you skip the first page.

WOOT!

Higher-rez texture pack is available on PS3 and 360.
Voluntary on 360, it's included on Disk One (MP/Co-op)

Not sure if it's voluntary on PS3.
"The PS3 version requires the same install but it's all on the one blu-ray disk," <---- that could mean two things.

but yeah, great news!

Oh geez, I didn't know the co-op campaign was a separate story with separate missions. That's incredible!

I'm excited, I honestly loved the beta and sure it's had it's bugs and I'm a little disappointed by the level of destruction. The environment weren't as destructive as I thought, perfect example in the first phase of metro I shot a rocket at the bridge and it remained normal. I was bummed for a little bit cause I expected that to destroy because in Bad Company that would of been gone (at least I think it would of been) and there would be craters due to rockets and explosives. I can live without this but still I was expecting major destruction, I kept telling myself it's the beta it won't be perfect but this close to release I guess the beta is what I should expect of the game.

Still is fun, short campaign but battlefield has never been known for it's single player, I just wish they would put a A.I. skirmish mode for offline so if I wanted to take a break from online but still play rush or conquest I could play A.I. (also offline A.I. is perfect for practicing how to fly helicopters and jets.)

Delorean88 said:
I'm excited, I honestly loved the beta and sure it's had it's bugs and I'm a little disappointed by the level of destruction. The environment weren't as destructive as I thought, perfect example in the first phase of metro I shot a rocket at the bridge and it remained normal. I was bummed for a little bit cause I expected that to destroy because in Bad Company that would of been gone (at least I think it would of been) and there would be craters due to rockets and explosives. I can live without this but still I was expecting major destruction, I kept telling myself it's the beta it won't be perfect but this close to release I guess the beta is what I should expect of the game.

Still is fun, short campaign but battlefield has never been known for it's single player, I just wish they would put a A.I. skirmish mode for offline so if I wanted to take a break from online but still play rush or conquest I could play A.I. (also offline A.I. is perfect for practicing how to fly helicopters and jets.)

Full destruction isn't enabled in the beta. Once you actually get into the Subways, it gets really fun. Seriously, try out the Engineer's RPG on EVERYTHING.

TheJx4 said:
Delorean88 said:

Full destruction isn't enabled in the beta. Once you actually get into the Subways, it gets really fun. Seriously, try out the Engineer's RPG on EVERYTHING.
I have primarily in the last area with the building, my jaw dropped as I shot a rocket at one of the building and the walls just crumbled into dust. But that explains why there hasn't been destruction, didn't know it wasn't activated

Delorean88 said:
TheJx4 said:
Delorean88 said:

I have primarily in the last area with the building, my jaw dropped as I shot a rocket at one of the building and the walls just crumbled into dust. But that explains why there hasn't been destruction, didn't know it wasn't activated

If both teams have RPG guys, you'll see how amazing the destruction really is on that last area. Holy crap, talk about adrenaline rush. The entire squad was unloading on a few guys while rockets are flying right over our heads, some of them destroying the part of the building that was protecting us. (Top floor of the building on the left) Enemies rushing up the stairs as this is happening, more ROCKETS, C4, bang bang bang. It was pure chaos and convinced me to buy the game.

It was the best match I've had yet.

Hmm, seems as if you don't get a kill or XP for killing someone by using the environment.

Can anyone confirm?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod