|OT| Battlefield 3

I will purchase Battlefield 3 and play with other Revolutionaries on....

• PC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3

• Xbox 360

• Tiger Handheld

• Total voters
Bretimus_v2 said:
You did in BC2, so I don't see why they wouldn't carry that over.

Whenever I did it, the only notification that something happened was "[insert player name] is no more".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL7YCXza ... ture=share
Reminds me of that one level from the original Ghost Recon.
Looks greatly improved compared to the Beta, the guy playing is kinda terrible though.

ACTUALLY, the other players are even worse.

You can request to be healed now, and offer healing. I'm sure the same goes for ammo or vehicles.
The mini-map looks less cluttered and seems more visible/larger.

daverabbit said:
I still can't decide what to buy this for, ps3 or xbox. Someone please make up my mind for me.
PS3 allows for more players in multiplayer modes and it'll probably look better in general.... also if you have a smaller hard drive on your xbox it'll be hard to squeeze out enough space to install the "super" texture pack available on the second disc. I know i have enough space on my ps3 and it's all one disc as well.

danielrbischoff said:
daverabbit said:
I still can't decide what to buy this for, ps3 or xbox. Someone please make up my mind for me.
PS3 allows for more players in multiplayer modes and it'll probably look better in general.... also if you have a smaller hard drive on your xbox it'll be hard to squeeze out enough space to install the "super" texture pack available on the second disc. I know i have enough space on my ps3 and it's all one disc as well.

*clears throat* What?

Man I really gotta read more in depth cause I had no idea the ps3 version had such significant advantages. Thanks for the heads up.

TheJx4 said:
*clears throat* What?
The last time I met with DICE they told me that the PS3 could accommodate 24 players in multiplayer while the 360 was limited to 18. I'm rummaging around trying to find confirmation of this right now.

I think the PS3 version also has enhanced destruction on the fly... again, last time I met with DICE this was the word. Here is their clear dialog about platform dominance with Battlefield 3's development:

PC >>> PS3 >> 360

TheJx4 said:
Hmm, that's quite interesting. Honestly, I'm sure BF3 on PS3 could handle 32. Especially since MAG was able to pull off 256, and while it was a less demanding game, I'm sure it would take up just as much bandwidth as BF3.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5459236.page
Reading reports I'm getting back that both platforms support 24 players in the biggest game modes, but I swear to God I've spoken with sever DICE devs and I've been repeatedly told that the PS3 supports a FEW more players than the 360 does.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod