Im not buying that Mass Effect 3 beta was uploaded in error

DixonGamer

Rookie
Come on, im not buying that Microsoft "Accidentally" put a Beta version of Mass Effect 3 on Xbox live. I think this is a great way of marketing it. Look at all the people talking about Mass Effect 3 now. http://su.pr/7X6YHZ

I only found out about it today, in all fairness the website does say that they where informed by its fans today.

I saw it yesterday, and I really hope it was an accident. Because, frankly, what I saw was just... awful.

Longo_2_guns said:
I saw it yesterday, and I really hope it was an accident. Because, frankly, what I saw was just... awful.

That's why I'm confident that it was an accident. Yes, it got people talking about Mass Effect 3, but it also has Bioware downright apologizing because what was released was so bad. This did nothing to make the multiplayer look cool, which is what Bioware will be working on when a real beta or demo comes out.

Good point. Im a little worried this game will not come out in March. I just have a sinking feeling that it may well get delayed. Lets hope not :)

The most saddening part is the "Action Mode/Story Mode/RPG Mode" choice in the beginning.

That's a sad, sad trend I hope doesn't happen in any other game.

I think they are doing this to bring in new players maybe. But yea im with you on that. If that is what has held the game up from its original release date I will be so pissed.

Longo_2_guns said:
The most saddening part is the "Action Mode/Story Mode/RPG Mode" choice in the beginning.

That's a sad, sad trend I hope doesn't happen in any other game.

So you want everyone to be forced to play the same way?

If I had a 360, and Mass Effect 3, I'd probably use Action Mode.

The thing is in order to make three separate modes of play like that, the story and gameplay on the most basic level will be weaker so that it can be picked apart in the other two versions regardless of what you choose.

If it's not the game for you, then it's not the game for you. They shouldn't try to cater to everyone possible in order to widen their audience.

And in regards to the beta itself, unfortunately stuff like dialogue is already recorded and is really, really bad. There's a sort of awkward delivery to it all and it follows some terrible cliches. Urgh.

Cheers for the invite guys :). Im seriously excited about Mass Effect 3. I bet when the PS4 and new Xbox come out they will do a updated version (better visuals etc) on 1 disc with all 3 mass effects on.

Longo_2_guns said:
If it's not the game for you, then it's not the game for you. They shouldn't try to cater to everyone possible in order to widen their audience.

Of course. This seems so obvious, but publishers are desperate for success and money so this is all too often ignored. Did Mass Effect 1 not sell well enough or get enough GOTY votes?

Well, even before becoming a slut to the publishers, or perhaps their first instance of it, Bioware said that they were trying to get Call of Duty's audience.

The sad thing is that good, original games really just don't make the dosh that they should. So instead publishers push the developers to have a finger in every pie rather than just make a pie.

Longo_2_guns said:
The thing is in order to make three separate modes of play like that, the story and gameplay on the most basic level will be weaker so that it can be picked apart in the other two versions regardless of what you choose.

And in regards to the beta itself, unfortunately stuff like dialogue is already recorded and is really, really bad. There's a sort of awkward delivery to it all and it follows some terrible cliches. Urgh.

Why go with the worst case scenario?

Maybe they went all out for the regular mode/RPG and then made changes when creating the Action/Story modes?

They can all be customized anyways.

I think the best response would be to reserve judgment until the game is released, or until a complete/final demo is released.

NickKmet said:
I think the best response would be to reserve judgment until the game is released, or until a complete/final demo is released.

Good luck getting others to feel that way. Waaaaaaay too many people view Mass Effect as their own personal best friend to reserve judgement. Not specifically in Game Revolution users, but all over. I have friends who get seriously pissed when you poke fun of, or complain about any part of the games. I also have friends who act like Bioware pissed on their mothers graves by "releasing the pile of shit that is Mass Effect 2 to the public". (His words, not mine.)

Seriously, I agree with Nick. For the love of great games everywhere, let the game come out, fully, unleaked and in its entirety before we come to a conclusion. Then, if it deserves to be killed with fire, so be it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle