Most overrated game

The_Joker said:
II mean really, when you think about it, OOT is just 3D LTTP, MGS is just MG 3D, and FF7 is just FF6 3D.

In terms of graphics sure, but in terms of everything else, no. To get from the SNES/genesis generation to N64/PS1 gen there was a lot of trial and error like I mentioned about Sega CD, 3D0, etc. It was a big leap when Sony and Nintendo got it right.

The_Joker said:
Who cares?

Good point, I'm out.

The_Joker said:
You could argue Earthbound was revolutionary because of it's sense of humor, but I didn't like the game because I didn't like playing it.
That's the same feeling I'm having.

Lien said:
Ahhh... typical fanboy response... that's when i say " I rest my case and your glasses really show that rose taint" but i won't, I'll charge in.

I saw that extra credit episode on the "hero's journey". In it it featured a book called "the hero with a thousand face". Go to the library and pick it up. Go ahead, it's free.
The book explains this routine in story telling about how the protagonist in nearly every story follows a similar path. I won't make the list here and compare it to Zelda but suffice to say, Ocarina of time wasn't the first. Not by a long shot, not even in the video game world. In fact, the best way to actually enjoys games (or anything in general) is to point out the flaws in the story and even show why the game itself would alienate other people back then or today. I'll cite skyrim as an example. People hated it, will hate it if they haven't played the darn game and will call it overrated. Things is though, is that i understand why they would do that. Either they will remember it for the rest of time or not, i don't care cause i own the game and I'm still playing it. And if in the future I'll get bored, there's nothing stopping me from playing it again be it tomorrow or ten years from now (queue the DRM joke). I'll make sure however, that i will never call it perfect or flawless or tell people "You had to be there". It's crap and it will always be! But it'll b a crap that i enjoy for breakfast from time to time.

hey now, Tetris IS one of the best games of all time!

And I read Joseph Campell's work, it's why wrote this.

I mean, of course Ocarina of Time is not the first to be like that, but that's not really the point in the end.

danielrbischoff said:
.... <.<
>.>
Uncharted 3.

Waits for Jx4

Why? So I can agree? I thought it was fairly well known that the game was awful, despite a somewhat enjoyable multiplayer. I sold it for $20

TheJx4 said:
danielrbischoff said:
.... <.<
>.>
Uncharted 3.

Waits for Jx4

Why? So I can agree? I thought it was fairly well known that the game was awful, despite a somewhat enjoyable multiplayer. I sold it for $20

To be fair most of the Uncharted games are overrated, I think people like them because they are huge action romps.

danielrbischoff said:
Uncharted 2 was good. How does being an action romp automatically make you overrated?

That's not what he said. The games are basically playable movies, even though the playable parts in UC3 ruin the game.

TheJx4 said:
danielrbischoff said:
Uncharted 2 was good. How does being an action romp automatically make you overrated?

That's not what he said. The games are basically playable movies, even though the playable parts in UC3 ruin the game.

Pretty much, yeah. I didn't say it was bad, hell my playable movies I like include Mass Effect and a few Call of Duties.

Uncharted however was always...well I am surprised it was so popular personally.

I always found it funny that other games filled with nothing but giant setpieces and cutscenes are the ones people complain about, yet somehow Uncharted is the exception.

It's a platformer with QTE fights, lol.

The difference is that it's good. I like the characters, I like the somewhat ridiculous stories and the tongue-in-cheek comments. It doesn't hurt that it's a pretty seamless transition between those cutscenes and the gameplay.

I don't have a hard-on for the series, but I'm pretty sure it deserves any good comments that it gets while not trying to ignore its shortcomings.

I actually never liked Uncharted, first impression was dude raider, and I was never able to shake that

same with the god of war and devil may cry games, I just couldn't get into that style of gameplay

I can see where the appeal is, it just doesn't tickle my wedding vegetables

Red Dead Redemption.................................

That was to piss off Dan

I guess when saying overrated I think we're really just answering what games everyone liked that we didn't. When I first saw the topic I was expecting a flood of COD answers and was surprised to see it barely mentioned. SKyrim I honestly don't think is overrated, I loved it but then again I barely played Oblivion so maybe that's why.

For me Deus Ex Human Revolution, everyone here was praising it and when I got my hands on the game I couldn't get into it. That being said I was trying to get all the achievements while playing it and that can ruin a game (possibly deserving a second try).

I like that bar fight scene in Uncharted 3 in the beginning... And that's it...

I hope Uncharted will stay the way it. Any more game and it'll just be an embarrassment to be honest.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod