Overrated games.

halo3_logo.jpg

gta4_0.jpg

farcry2pc.jpg

bioshock_360_fob_final_2.png

wii_resident-evil-4-wii-edition.jpg

Lethean said:
JCvgluvr said:
You're pretty stupid if you can't see that that is why most people complain about the Halo series. It's popular, and it's totally cool to hate popular things. Every friggen topic about overrated games that I've seen, BOOM! There's Halo. I'm so sick of it!

BTW, I never singled you out in my first post, so is there a particular reason you felt like making yourself a victim? If you genuinely find the Halo series overrated, good for you. Most people are much more juvenile about it.

No, I'm not making myself out to be the victim, especially when you say:
JCvgluvr said:
I can't believe how cool everybody is to say such a popular game is overrated! I'm like, so totally impressed! What a bunch of badboys...
Everybodywould imply everybody in this topic who claimed Halo was over rated, myself included.
Yes, right. Everybody. That would mean not just you. Like I said, I'm not singling you out. So again, I wonder, why did you feel the need to defend yourself, when it wasn't your specific viewpoint I was talking about?
Lethean said:
I should also note that most people don't dislike it because it's popular. I'm sure most people who dislike it have actually played a decent shooter before the Halo series and realize it isn't worth all the accolades showered upon it.
And how would you know something like that, with any actual certainty? Did you take a poll out of hundreds of thousands of FPS gamers, or something?

JCvgluvr said:
Lethean said:
JCvgluvr said:
You're pretty stupid if you can't see that that is why most people complain about the Halo series. It's popular, and it's totally cool to hate popular things. Every friggen topic about overrated games that I've seen, BOOM! There's Halo. I'm so sick of it!

BTW, I never singled you out in my first post, so is there a particular reason you felt like making yourself a victim? If you genuinely find the Halo series overrated, good for you. Most people are much more juvenile about it.

No, I'm not making myself out to be the victim, especially when you say:
JCvgluvr said:
I can't believe how cool everybody is to say such a popular game is overrated! I'm like, so totally impressed! What a bunch of badboys...
Everybodywould imply everybody in this topic who claimed Halo was over rated, myself included.
Yes, right. Everybody. That would mean not just you. Like I said, I'm not singling you out. So again, I wonder, why did you feel the need to defend yourself, when it wasn't your specific viewpoint I was talking about?
Lethean said:
I should also note that most people don't dislike it because it's popular. I'm sure most people who dislike it have actually played a decent shooter before the Halo series and realize it isn't worth all the accolades showered upon it.
And how would you know something like that, with any actual certainty? Did you take a poll out of hundreds of thousands of FPS gamers, or something?

And I never said just me. I'm included with everybody.

No I have not taken a poll. Have you? Then how do you know they dislike it only because it's popular? I'm going based on the numerous people I've spoken to over the years since Halo launched and their thoughts.

Lethean, i'd just ignore him if i were you. he's just trolling and baiting. if he wants to think halo is the be-all of all fps, let him. most of us know better anyways *cough blood duke nukem-3d doom half life aliens vs predator cough*

Halo 2.
Halo 3.
Gears of War 2.
Final Fantasy VII

All I can really think off at the moment of the top of my head that I've actually played. Do I get my cookie now or later?

Also towards the one complaining. If you see Halo in mainly every over-rated thread around the web and in videos, maybe that should tell you something. And boo-hoo that you're sick of it, BAWW to people that care pl0x? Hating something because it's popular? Lulz, next you're going to start defending Souljaboy & Lil Wayne. :roll:

*Sigh* I need to learn my lesson. No matter which forum I surf, every time I try carry out a debate to full term, I either get labeled as a pitiful fanboy or a troll. Is it so wrong to want to complete a conversation?

You know what? I'm not a Halo-humper. Neither am I a baiting troll. I simply like to carry out conversations/debates/arguments until they can go no further. It's something I enjoying doing. I think it's silly for anyone to hold that against me, but whatever.

You know what Lethean? You're right, I am equally lacking in my stance as well. Many people could genuinely dislike Halo, and find it overrated. I simply don't see it that way. But I think enough has been said about the whole thing.

Sonic CD is still overrated...

JCvgluvr said:
*Sigh* I need to learn my lesson. No matter which forum I surf, every time I try carry out a debate to full term, I either get labeled as a pitiful fanboy or a troll. Is it so wrong to want to complete a conversation?

You know what? I'm not a Halo-humper. Neither am I a baiting troll. I simply like to carry out conversations/debates/arguments until they can go no further. It's something I enjoying doing. I think it's silly for anyone to hold that against me, but whatever.

You know what Lethean? You're right, I am equally lacking in my stance as well. Many people could genuinely dislike Halo, and find it overrated. I simply don't see it that way. But I think enough has been said about the whole thing.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. These ladies and gentlemen have what is commonly known as 'jaded gamer syndrome'. You see, they take the advances made by Halo for granted, because those mechanics are a dime a dozen these days. They seem to forget the fact that the game truly did advance the FPS genre when it initially came out. Of course, other games have done it better...Much later.

And also of course, they'll all scream and dance if you even hint at the possibility that a game such as the super-holy Goldeneye was overrated. Which it was. Halo smashed it in every way imaginable, but we'll just forget that for our own agendas. :wink:

Diabolus said:
JCvgluvr said:

I agree with you wholeheartedly. These ladies and gentlemen have what is commonly known as 'jaded gamer syndrome'. You see, they take the advances made by Halo for granted, because those mechanics are a dime a dozen these days. They seem to forget the fact that the game truly did advance the FPS genre when it initially came out. Of course, other games have done it better...Much later.

And also of course, they'll all scream and dance if you even hint at the possibility that a game such as the super-holy Goldeneye was overrated. Which it was. Halo smashed it in every way imaginable, but we'll just forget that for our own agendas. :wink:

Point out these advances please? Don't worry, I'll wait. After all, all I remember it bringing into the genre was drivable vehicles. Besides that, what did it do that was new? Point it out, it'll amuse me. And btw, I also do remember that so far, Halo 2 & 3 have been labeled as over-rated, not one. Suggest you stop having a short attention span and actually read correctly. Think that can classify as a syndrome too.

Sigh, I think we've all drank too much game juice.

Can we all please accept that some people hate Halo, and some people love it - like Marmite.

I personally think Halo 3 is the best online game out there, and isn't either overrated or underrated.

I personally think that online and offline the sequels are a joke and completely dumbed down shooters but, that's just me.

Well, I should mention that Halo 3 is the first Halo I've played! That's probably why I think it's so great.

Before this topic boils down to a halo fanboy/hater war i'll go ahead and mention a new thing for people to bash.

Assassin's Creed is pretty as heaven and just as boring. The eye-candy was enough to give it a legion of brainless fanboys that swear by its greatness, but there's no cake under all the pretty frosting. Doing the same thing over and over got old back on the Atari2600 days, but at least the Atari had scores to give the repetition a reason to be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod