Beat the games you own

intoTheRain

Regular
Well I have a bunch of games I have barely played, that are excellent games. And I've been craving buying a new game lately, but decided I'm going to beat all the games on my Steam list before I allowed myself to buy another game. This can be for your Steam list, console games, whatever..

Kind of a personal challenge for myself, but I'm sure others have this problem too and may want to join in.

My list of games I haven't completed.

Amnesia : The Dark Descent
Bioshock
Bioshock 2
Borderlands 2
Far Cry 3
The Witcher 2
Civilization V

Think I'll start with Far Cry 3

Far cry 3 is a good one to start with. While I was playing it, I didn't touch any other game.

intoTheRain said:
213EDD said:
No such thing as beating Civ5. It never ends.
thats kind of what i figured i almost didnt put it on the list.

Ill just play it enough that i feel i got my moneys worth

Especially with the mods oh god the mods!!!

I've been doing this for a while now. I have a huge backlog of games in my steam catalog that need finishing.

My god-awfully long list:
Alan Wake
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Bastion
Bioshock 2
Braid
Dead Space 2
Dragon Age: Origins
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
Driver San Francisco
Dungeon Defenders
TESV: Skyrim (I'm close on this, been playing on and off for a while now)
Half-Life
Half-Life 2
Hitman: Blood Money
Lone Survivor
The Longest Journey
Machinarium
Majesty
Majesty 2
Max Payne 2
Metro 2033
Mirror's Edge
Monkey Island 2
Orcs Must Die! 2
Psychonauts
Saint's Row: the Third
The Secret of Monkey Island
Sleeping Dogs
Sniper Elite V2
KOTR & KOTR 2 (to be fair, I played and beat both of these twice already, but that was years ago)
Super Meat Boy
Splinter Cell: conviction
Torchlight
Wings of Prey
The Witcher
VampireL The Masquerade - Bloodlines

So yeah, I have my work cut out for me. In my defense, school has been complete hell this year and I've been too busy to play many games. Hopefully that'll change in the next few weeks. I just beat Max Payne 3, and am working through Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning right now.

I have way to many to list that I need to beat here, many of which are multiplayer games or fighters.

And time is precious so I might not be able to get it.

Never gonna happen for me. That's why my resolution was to just beat the game's I start, not try to conquer the mountain of game's I haven't finished or otherwise.

In fact I beat Fire Emblem: Awakening this week so I could open the seal on Luigi's Mansion.

I must be the black sheep in this thread since i've beaten every game i've owned. But I could always try to 100% complete all my games.

I've completed all the games I own. I never get why people have a backlog of games...why dont you just buy them when you have nothing else to play?

MattAY said:
I've completed all the games I own. I never get why people have a backlog of games...why dont you just buy them when you have nothing else to play?

i personally get in the mood for different types of games.. not always in the mood for an FPS, or an RTS, or an RPG, etc. so sometimes i'll buy something despite not being finished with something else, then kind of forget about it.

i figured my backlog of like 7 games was bad. guess it isnt though :lol:

gonna try and clear these games out then actually beat each game i buy from here on out.

Here's mine:

Skyrim (100+ hours, never beat campaign.)
Darksiders 2
Red Dead Redemption
Rage
Metro 2033
Witcher 2
Beyond Good & Evil
Skyward Sword
Donkey Kong Country (Wii)
Xenoblade Saga
KOTOR 2
Borderlands 2
Mass Effect 2+3

Off the top of my head. I think that about covers it. Not to mention my 360 HDD crapped out so I have to restart everything.

intoTheRain said:
MattAY said:

i personally get in the mood for different types of games.. not always in the mood for an FPS, or an RTS, or an RPG, etc. so sometimes i'll buy something despite not being finished with something else, then kind of forget about it.

gonna try and clear these games out then actually beat each game i buy from here on out.

Go for it.

I must admit I have been sort of limited in terms of what I have been playing for fun, mainly because I have been writing reviews a lot lately. just got back to Borderlands 2 for yet im reminded why I left it in the first place...

Coincidentally, anyone on the 360 want to power through the game, let me know.

intoTheRain said:
MattAY said:

Fair enough, I do get being in the mood to play different games. Hell, right now I'm seriously jonesing for a good JRPG.
It's probably borderline OCD of me, I just cant leave a game unfinished!

LinksOcarina said:
intoTheRain said:
MattAY said:

Go for it.

I must admit I have been sort of limited in terms of what I have been playing for fun, mainly because I have been writing reviews a lot lately. just got back to Borderlands 2 for yet im reminded why I left it in the first place...

Coincidentally, anyone on the 360 want to power through the game, let me know.

yea i cant see myself finishing borderlands 2.. i just really dont enjoy it. which sucks because i really thought i would.

Links add me C0d1esel (thats a zero) I've been meaning to get back into it but my roommate was just blah. I gotta start a new toon tho

2012-07-23-steam%20sale%20research.jpg

I have waaaaaaaaay too many games to finish. A lot of them are games I've played for a few hours, got bored, and then stopped. AC3 comes to mind there.

MattAY said:

Ever hear of a thing called the Humble Indie Bundle? I bought HIBV, and of the games included in the Bundle (Amnesia, Sword and Sorcery, Limbo, Braid, Super Meat Boy, Bastion, Psychonauts), most I haven't completed.

Hell, of that list, I only STARTED playing 4 of them, and of those I finished only one.

I've also got a few PC titles I haven't finished because I bought them while they were on sale or for that period a couple of years back after my 360 got stolen, and since I'd already finished them on the 360 I just haven't felt compelled to do it again on the PC (this includes pretty much everything in the Orange Box, Borderlands and Duke Nukem: Forever), even when they include DLC that I couldn't access on the 360 (Lost Coast, Armory of General Knoxx and Claptrap Revolution, and The Doctor who Cloned Me which I actually did beat)

was enjoying far cry 3.

played for 2-3 hours today in offline mode because uplay was down.. no fault of my own. took over a couple bases, did like 4 missions, and got 2 more towers.. log on now and 2-3 hours of progress is gone. all it said was i wouldnt be able to access online free rewards or latest news for my game, not that all fucking progress would be ignored.

im so sick of every fucking game requiring some form of online connectivity. and then getting fucked when they can't maintain their shit.

long story short, won't be playing far cry 3 again

crossed one game off my list.

on to bioshock now i suppose.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod