-Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - 9 / 10
-Horizon Zero Dawn - 9.5 / 10
-Injustice 2 - 8.5 / 10

Nintendo Switch:

-The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 9.5 / 10

PC:

-Mark of the Ninja - 8.5 / 10
-Superhot - 8 / 10
-Fallout 2 - 9 / 10 (note: finished with cheats)

Finished the story campaign for Injustice 2 last night. Finally figured out how to do the regular, tournament style arcade mode too.

I'm still playing Injustice 2, but I really enjoyed the story, especially since I'm a fan of DC Comics. There are many silly moments and some of the fight setups are questionable but at the end of the day, it's a fighting game set in an alternate comic book universe. As expected, it's not the longest game in the world, you can probably finish the story campaign anywhere between two to fours, depending on how good you are at the game and/or the difficulty you're playing on. In saying that, there's still plenty of additional content to rummage through.

Mechanics and game play are still tight and solid, most characters are easily accessible and have similar move sets (in terms of button input). The graphics, especially character models have been greatly improved from the previous game. Some of the characters though seem particularly prone to being cheap, e.g. Deadshot.

The price for some of the DLC characters is a little nuts, too. $8.95 AUD ($6.79 USD) per character. Considering there are ten DLC characters, that's potentially $89.50 AUD ($67.87) all up. Goddamn.

Yeah, some of the distance fighters can be pretty cheap. Someone online was doing that to me with Doctor Fate. I managed to take him down, but it was really close. I'm avoiding DLC characters unless they get packaged up in an affordable bundle. Meanwhile you can occasionally play as them in the Multiverse events. There was a Red Hood one a week or so ago. He's pretty deadly.

Finished The Swindle, though since I like trying to get all the trophies, I'm still playing it. Just a few things more to do, and then one really stupid luck based one which relies on robbing a place that has the address "1138" when the addresses are just randomly assigned when you start a heist. Total BS.

Wolfenstein: The New Order!

The first time I tried playing it, I only got a few minutes in before quitting because I just wasn't feeling it. I started it fresh last week and fell in love after a couple hours. Couldn't put it down!

Deffo recommend everybody plays it.

I finished Chroma Squad.

Would absolutely recommend. It wasn't too long, was split up into about three dozen perfectly bite sized episodes, and was never too easy or too hard.

Probably the best indie game I've played. My favorite in the bundle so far.

And here I was excited that someone else played Chroma Squad, only to realize it was an exact duplicate post.

PS4:

-Bioshock (Remastered) - 8.5 / 10
-Bioshock 2 (Remastered) - 9 / 10
-Bioshock: Infinite (Remastered) - 9 / 10
-Bioshock: Infinite's DLC Burial At Sea: Episode 1 (Remastered) - 8.5 / 10
-Injustice 2 - 8.5 / 10
-Styx: Shards of Darkness - 6.5 / 10

Nintendo Switch:

PC:

-Superhot - 8 / 10

I finished Styx: Shards of Darkness last night for the PS4.

Without spoiling anything, the ending sucked. It felt incredibly rushed and honestly feels very unfinished. I can't tell if they're trying to set up a sequel, or were just lazy.

The overall story seemed incredibly back and forth, it's like the writers changed their minds on a lot of stuff half way through, or something.

I've talked about it before but in a nutshell, the game has interestingly fun ideas and mechanics, but some mechanics are questionable, e.g. can't close doors, awkward climbing/jumping, no non-lethal take downs etc. The overall presentation is okay, but the graphics look like they could have used some extra polish, while most of the soundtrack is quite repetitive. Sometimes the game can be too easy, and suddenly it gets ridiculously frustrating.

Overall, the game has ambition, but it fails to deliver on multiple accounts.

If you're a fan of stealth games or/and the "Of Orcs and Men" genre, then this might be worth checking out as a rental or a discounted game, otherwise you can give this one an easy miss.

Last edited:
Crash Bandicoot 3 - NAIIILED!!
Furi - platinumed!! SHIZZAAAAM!

Adding to the list, hombres!!

Finished Deadpool on normal difficulty. Funny enough I was right at the end of the game when I last stopped playing about a month ago, but was able to play it on Friday evening. Might play some more, but will likely move on to another game. I like trying to platinum my games, but as little as I get to play anything these days, I'd rather experience new games.

PS4:

-Bioshock (Remastered) - 8.5 / 10
-Bioshock 2 (Remastered) - 9 / 10
-Bioshock: Infinite (Remastered) - 9 / 10
-Bioshock: Infinite's DLC Burial At Sea: Episode 1 (Remastered) - 8.5 / 10
-Injustice 2 - 8.5 / 10
-Styx: Shards of Darkness - 6.5 / 10
-Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - 9 / 10

Nintendo Switch:

PC:

-Superhot - 8 / 10

-----------------------------------------------------

I finished Uncharted: The Lost Legacy last night.

For a stand alone DLC that only cost me $42 AUD ($33 USD), it was bloody awesome. Here's a mini-review.

It's fairly lengthy given its price tag, but honestly I think the length is a typical Uncharted game, which may or may not be a good thing. It took me just over seven hours to finish, playing over four days. I kinda binged most of it yesterday, I reckon.

The game has a bit of a slow start, but the first open area is similar to the Madagascar level of Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, e.g. a huge, open environment with a lot to explore, using a jeep to drive around. During this time, you can focus on the main story or essentially do a side-task that offers an incentive reward. Once you've done with this area though, the game will become quite linear, coursing through in an A to B manner.

Graphically, the game is insane as ever, probably the best looking game on the PS4 to date. Animations are superb, writing and character performances are great, I love the dynamic between Chloe and Nadine. This is definitely a game made for Uncharted fans. People who haven't played the Uncharted games may feel a bit alienated and may be unsure as to what's going on, what's being discussed etc.

Combat for the most part felt pretty easy. I'm not sure if the game is easier than previous Uncharted titles, or if I've just gotten better. However, the game's climax has a huge difficulty spike, becoming frustrating and almost unfair.

Stealth is back and it's still as easy to abuse as ever. It's not at all realistic and doesn't compare to other stealth games, but I do find it fun. Like combat, I'm unsure if I've either gotten better, or if stealth is easier, because there were times when I eliminated entire areas of enemies using just stealth. At the end of the game, almost half of my kills were stealth kills.

There's a photo mode included which is pretty fun. Multplayer mode is back (I played some multiplayer in Uncharted 4, it's pretty good) and there's a fair few things to collect and unlock throughout the game.

I honestly don't have much to complain about, really. I do miss Nathan Drake, but I think it's good that he wasn't in this game and instead they focused on Uncharted 2: Among Thieves' Chloe and Nadine. I guess my main complaints would be the game's slow start, how linear it becomes once you get out of the jeep, and the sudden difficulty spike at the end... but overall, this is a really good package, this is DLC done right (is it "DLC", though?).

If you're a fan of the Uncharted franchise, this is highly recommended.

Finished Infamous: First Light the other day. Still have a number of challenges to accomplish, but I got through the story, which is the main thing for me these days. I really enjoyed how easy it was to move through the city as Fetch. Found it unusual, though not unwelcome, to not have a morality meter in the game, since originally inFamous kind of based it's entire premise around it.

Neon was by far the coolest power in inFamous for me!
Sniping those legs (or heads!) and darting around the city was so much fun.

Keeping my productive year going!

Superhot
8/10

Honestly, I wish the challenge modes were available from the start, because the game was never super challenging until the very end. It was only hard when I tried to do stuff like only get kills with certain weapons, and I never used the swap ability once I got it.
Also, the story was absolutely stupid.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod