2019 Completed Games List

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Ivory_Soul, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Paradox

Paradox Soaring Phoenix

I finished up Lego Batman 3 last night. You played one Lego game, you’ve played them all.

Xbox One
    Bioshock - 8.0
    Bioshock 2 - 8.5
    The Evil Within - 6.0
    Bioshock Infinite - 9.0
    — Burial at Sea DLC - 9.0
    Crackdown 3 - 8.5
    Quantum Break - 9.5
    Wolfenstein: The New Order - 9.0
    Rise of the Tomb Raider - 8.5
    Prey - 8.5
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider - 7.0
    Lego Batman 3 - 6.5

Master_Craig likes this.
  2. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

PS4:

-Subnautica - 9 / 10
    -Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps DLC (The Heist, Turf Wars and Silver Lining) - 8.5 / 10
    -Resident Evil 2 - 9 / 10
    -Far Cry: New Dawn - 7.5 / 10
    -Devil May Cry 5 - 8 / 10
    -Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - 8.5 / 10
    -Rage 2 - 7 / 10
    -Owlboy - 8.5 / 10
    -Resident Evil (REmake) - 8 / 10

I recently re-downloaded and played the Resident Evil remake, or 'REmake' on PS4, finishing both Chris' and Jill's campaigns.

I have played this game once before back on the original Game Cube, so it was interesting to re-visit this game, especially with modernised, alternative controls. The classic tank control scheme is so Goddamn awful and has not aged well.

I played both campaigns on easy mode because frankly, I didn't really want to stress out and I just wanted to relax, as I've been stressed enough 'iRL' lately and I have already played some difficult games earlier this year, such as the Resident Evil 2 remake and Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

REmake is still a pretty good title. The graphics hold up well (especially the lighting and shadows, they're amazing) but while some of the enemies look scary (zombies, Lisa), some look downright stupid (the hunters).

The puzzles can be quite challenging on the mind but they mostly involve pushing something in the right place, or finding the right item to combine with another, or something. You'll get a lot of out the game as well. In my first run as Chris, it took me about 12 hours to finish the game, but when I played as Jill, it took me just under six (as I essentially knew what to do, where to go etc).

Where the game goes wrong, is the voice acting and writing, another element that certainly has not aged well. The game has a decent story, but courtesy of the writing, it's not told well. You also do not want to play this game with tank controls. The game has a lot of back tracking, which can be especially frustrating with such a limited inventory space (especially for Chris, with only six inventory slots, while Jill has eight), meaning you'll have to run all the way back to a save room/item box to find what you need. This wouldn't be so bad, it's just that every time you open a door, there's the animated door loading screen again.

If I were to score the original Game Cube REmake, I'd give it a 9 out of 10 for its time. With current age and times however, I'll give this an 8 out of 10.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019 at 7:02 PM
  3. COMaestro

COMaestro Veteran

Finished with Batman: Arkham Asylum from the Return to Arkham collection. Such a good game, but I can definitely feel the jankiness of the combat controls compared to the later Arkham games. Quickfire batarangs would sometimes do more than one and kill my freeflow combo, Batman would target an enemy different than the one I intended, despite holding the control stick in my target's direction, if a counter was just out of range, Batman would break the freeflow combo instead of moving a foot closer to the enemy and countering the attack. Still, the system was very innovative for the time and they only improved upon it in later titles, as my couple of hours into Arkham City has shown me.