2019 Completed Games List

Ivory_Soul

Highly Motivated Test Subject
Same rules apply guys! Happy New Year and we're off to another exciting year of gaming! 2018 was an interesting journey and I somehow finished more games last year than the past 5 and I was in nursing school, so not sure how that happened.

I tallied up everyone's list who participated last year with a total of 10 users. Listed are most completed to least. I went through the entire thread and tallied everyone's up and recounted. Please let me know if there are any errors or I miscounted.

First Place: Ivory_Soul - 32
Second Place: Master_Craig - 17
Third Place: Jason Faulkner - 16

Fourth Place: COMaestro - 8
Fifth Place: MattAY - 6
Sixth Place: NegFactor - 5
Seventh Place: Longo_2_guns - 4
Eighth Place: used44 - 2

Tie for Ninth Place: Paradox and cyberjim2000 - 1

I will post the rules that was on the last thread:

Protips:
1. When posting for the first time, just make a post including your initial list and a game count.
2. Completion does not mean that you have to do X, Y, and Z for it to be completed. Completion is whatever you consider finished, whether that is just beating the game, getting every achievement, or unlocking every single item.
3. Games released via digital distribution count too! You can list XBLA and PSN games separately, but realize that I will be putting them under Xbox 360 and PS3 listings in the main list. Wii VC games will be listed under their console of origin, since they play exactly the same with no changes. Feel free to list any indie or flash game you think is worth it as well.
4. If you beat a game that you've beat in the past, it still counts! The list is for games completed in 2019, regardless of previous completion.
5. Some "games" are actually compilations, such as Sonic Mega Collection and The Orange Box. Since there are multiple games, please list each of them separately.
6. If the game is multiplayer only, it's hard to actually complete it. If you want something like Team Fortress 2 to count, make sure it's some goal like "got all achievements" or "raised skill rank to 50" and note it in your list.
7. Downloadable content can count, provided it's a full expansion on the level of The Elder Scrolls IV: The Shivering Isles. If the DLC merely additional missions that are integrated into the regular game, such as the "Bring Down the Sky" DLC for Mass Effect, then it doesn't count as a separate game.
8. Cut off for list submission will be December 31 at midnight.

It was much easier to go back to the first page and recount people's list so I'll do my best (because I'm bad at it) to not repost my updated list with every post. I noticed some people had their games just highlighted in a wall of text. It doesn't really matter, to be honest, but what the hell! We can only try.

Last edited:
Here we go!

PS4

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune HD Remastered - 8/10
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - 8.5/10
Detroit: Become Human - 8.5/10
Shadow of the Colossus - 8.5/10
Rogue Trooper Redux - 6/10

PS1
Syphon Filter - 9.5/10

PC
Battlefield V - 8.5/10
Devil May Cry 5 - 8.5/10
A Plague Tale: Innocence - 9/10
Observation - 8/10
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - 8/10
Alan Wake - 8.5/10
Watch Dogs 2 - 8/10
Gears of War 4 - 8.5/10
Apsulov: End of Gods - 7.5/10
Darq - 7/10
Gears 5 - 8.5/10
Control - 7.5/10
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - 9/10
Arise: A Simple Story - 8/10
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - 9/10
Life is Strange 2 - 9/10

Xbox One
Metro: Exodus - 8.5/10
Gears of War 4 - 8.5/10
Gears 5 - 8.5/10
King's Quest: The Complete Collection - 7/10
Metro 2033 Redux - 8.5/10
Batman: The Telltale Series - 8/10

Xbox 360
Too Human - 4/10
Gears of War 2 - 9.5/.10
Gears of War 3 - 9.5/10

Wii
Cursed Mountain - 6/10
WarioWare: Smooth Moves - 7/10
The Last Story - 8.5/10
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles - 7/10

Dreamcast
D-2 - 6.5/10
Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - 8/10

Switch
Super Mario Odyssey - 10/10
South Park: The Stick of Truth - 8/10
Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered - 8/10
Astral Chain - 8/10

Last edited:
I finished Bioshock on New Year’s Day and Bioshock 2 today. I hadn’t played either of them in years but took advantage of Xbox Live’s $15 sale for all three Bioshocks. I started on the included DLC today and tomorrow will probably move on to Infinite

Xbox One
Bioshock
Bioshock 2

Thanks for sorting out the new list for 2019, Ivory_Soul.

PS4:

-Subnautica - 9 / 10

My brother bought me Subnautica for Christmas on PS4. I played so much of this game as I found it incredibly engaging and addictive, finishing it off about a week ago and clocking in about 50 hours of game play time.

For the most part, I found Subnautica to be a truly innovative and unique experience for gaming. For those who don't know, Subnautica is an indie-developed game by Unknown Worlds Entertainment. It's a first person survival simulator, where the protagonist (the player) has crash landed on an oceanic world and must not only find resources and schematics to build new tools, equipment and even a base (or more), but must also survive the terrifying creatures of the deep water, whilst uncovering the general mysteries of the planet, why you're there and how to escape.

The only real issue for me is the game is quite buggy. Environment frequently loads in and out (especially if you travel to new, unloaded areas via fast means) and sometimes, these bugs can be game breaking, requiring you to restart your game. I found near the end-game, the game got even more so buggy that it became an incredibly frustrating experience.

Still... despite the bugs, I absolutely adored this game and can't wait to play the expansion/sequel, Subnautica: Below Zero.

I would highly recommend that if you can, play this on PC rather than console. Keyboard and mouse is well suited to this game, and a PC could handle it a lot better than a console.

Finished my first two games!
Into the Breach
I don't know if you can ever count a game like this as "finished" but I beat the final level like five times so I'm counting it.
Great game for a simple indie game, 9/10 would recommend

Spider-Man
Okay. I love Spider-Man. Spider-Man is one of my favorite fictional characters.
And Insomniac understands. They get why Spider-Man is so good. There was literally not a SINGLE moment in this game where I was disappointed or bored or frustrated (okay maybe trying to get the Gold on some challenges, but ignoring that). The time I spent just happy as a clam was basically the whole game.
They nailed it. Perfect game, 10/10 my 2018 Game of the Year.

Okay. I love Spider-Man. Spider-Man is one of my favorite fictional characters.
And Insomniac understands. They get why Spider-Man is so good. There was literally not a SINGLE moment in this game where I was disappointed or bored or frustrated (okay maybe trying to get the Gold on some challenges, but ignoring that). The time I spent just happy as a clam was basically the whole game.
They nailed it. Perfect game, 10/10 my 2018 Game of the Year.

Speaking of Spider-Man...

PS4:

-Subnautica - 9 / 10
-Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps DLC (The Heist, Turf Wars and Silver Lining) - 8.5 / 10

While I too immensely enjoyed Spider-Man last year (I gave it a 9.5 out of 10 on the 2018 completed games list thread) as it was easily one of my top three or four games of 2018, the DLC package of The City That Never Sleeps felt a little disappointing. Still, it was a decent price that gave us new content, including new enemy types, a few new boss battles, new outfits and new/more challenges. I did enjoy it, but I guess because Insomniac Games delivered such an awesome product to begin with, I was kinda hoping for more?

The Heist was probably the best of the three, while I found Turf Wars to be the most disappointing. You could probably finish them all between two to six hours each, depending on how much time you spend running around to complete challenges, find and unlock collectables etc.

Speaking of "more", maybe Insomniac Games is saving better stuff for a potential sequel?

Ace Combat 7
HAIL TO THE KING BABY!
10/10

Actually I hear the multiplayer has a disappointingly few number of modes, which would probably make the game a 9.8 out of 10 if I cared about the multiplayer.
But as it stands, I love it.

Finished The Evil Within today. It had its ups and down and by halfway through I was really ready to just be done with it. I’d rate it a full point higher if it weren’t for the annoying ass supporting characters. I’m still a completionist though so I’m still going back to mop up some achievements before I move on for good.

Xbox One
Bioshock - 8.0
Bioshock 2 - 8.5
The Evil Within - 6.0

Finished The Evil Within today. It had its ups and down and by halfway through I was really ready to just be done with it. I’d rate it a full point higher if it weren’t for the annoying ass supporting characters. I’m still a completionist though so I’m still going back to mop up some achievements before I move on for good.

The Evil Within, in my opinion, wasn't a very good game. It had great ideas, disturbing sequences and did at times feel scary, but the game felt so frustrating at times and was quite difficult (for the record, the Japanese version's 'Hard' mode was our default 'Normal' mode). The story is a bit weird to comprehend and I agree, the side characters suck so much.

"I need first aid!" "Do you have any first aid?!"

The Evil Within 2 is not as scary, but it's a much more enjoyable experience.

PS4:

-Subnautica - 9 / 10
-Spider-Man: The City That Never Sleeps DLC (The Heist, Turf Wars and Silver Lining) - 8.5 / 10
-Resident Evil 2 - 9 / 10

I just finished Resident Evil 2 (the remake), completing Leon's initial campaign, followed by Claire's campaign and then Claire's '2nd Run' campaign, earning the secret ending. I think we already have a strong contender for Game of the Year 2019.

I played the original Resident Evil 2 in 1999 when I was 11 years old, playing it on the PS1 at a friend's house. Back in the day, the game was absolutely terrifying to our young, imaginative minds, now it looks and sounds hilariously bad. The 2019 remake of Resident Evil 2 just goes to show how times have changed and how far the industry has come with video game technology.

Resident Evil 2 is a near-perfect remake, I love almost everything about the game, such as the third person camera (similar to Resident Evil 4), with modern controls over tank-style, with near-photo realistic graphics, thanks to the RE Engine (the same engine that was used for Resident Evil 7), the atmosphere is absolutely incredible and the game genuinely feels 'scary' at times. Your first play through is guaranteed to be an intense, non-relaxing experience.

I did find Resident Evil 2 quite challenging and at times, difficult. Lack of ammunition, while some enemies (such as multiple zombies at once) were quite intimidating and threatening... and the Tyrant, AKA Mr. X. Goddamn him so much. The game became easier when I played as Claire, and more so easier in my 2nd Run. While 2nd Run has differences to the initial campaign, it is easier when you have a good idea about what's going to happen next and what could be waiting for you around the corner. I've played all of my runs on the default normal difficulty.

While I enjoyed almost everything about the remake, in a classic Capcom and Resident Evil fashion, the writing is still a bit dodgy, as is some of the vocal performances. I found sometimes, while the game had little to no bugs, I might become 'stuck' on an environmental piece and would leave myself vulnerable for attack. I also found Mr. X a bit unfair at times, as I would outrun him from a lower level area, get to a higher level location and suddenly, Mr. X will burst out of the door of a room that has no other exits. Not quite sure how that happened, but I'm kinda under the impression that Mr. X must 'teleport', in a sense.

Regardless, if you're a fan of the Resident Evil franchise, then you'd be silly to miss out on this one. This is by far my favourite entry to the entire franchise. In saying that, if you've never really been into Resident Evil but you enjoy third person action (and to a degree, survival horror), Resident Evil 2 is certainly worth your time to check out and a great place to get started.

Edit / Update:

I ended up finishing 'The 4th Survivor' bonus game where you play as Umbrella operative HUNK. Finished it in just over 11 minutes but it took me four tries and I did have to look online for strategies on how to beat the final area, as it was really difficult!

Last edited:
I finished up Bioshock Infinite yesterday. Since I haven’t played it in years it was almost like a new game because I’d forgotten how it ended. Of the three Bioshocks, it's the best. It’s brighter and more beautiful and I enjoyed the gameplay more in this installment. I also liked having a protagonist that speaks and enjoyed having Elizabeth along for Booker to interact with. With this purchase, the game came with all the DLC, none of which I’ve played before so those will be all new experiences when I start into them next week.

Xbox One
Bioshock - 8.0
Bioshock 2 - 8.5
The Evil Within - 6.0
Bioshock Infinite - 9.0

Last edited:
I finished up the DLC for Bioshock: Infinite today. The first was Clash in the Clouds. All it is is a series of wave based battles. I did it for the sake of doing it, but really added nothing to the main game. Now the Burial at Sea DLC was a different story. It’s split into two episodes and ties back into the original Bioshock game. Episode 1 was interesting enough, but Episode 2 was outstanding and gave a new perspective on events witnessed both in Bioshock and Bioshock: Infinite as well as a new playstyle. It really made me wish for a real and proper sequel to Infinite.

Xbox One
Bioshock - 8.0
Bioshock 2 - 8.5
The Evil Within - 6.0
Bioshock Infinite - 9.0
— Burial at Sea DLC - 9.0

I've finished Resident Evil 2 with Leon for his second run and unlocked 'The 4th Survivor', where you play as HUNK. I finished that, but the Tofu Survivor mode is way too hard.

Playing Far Cry: New Dawn now.

My partner is still playing Kingdom Hearts III. 50 hours into the game and she's still going!

PS4:

-Subnautica - 9 / 10
-Far Cry: New Dawn - 7.5 / 10

I finished Far Cry: New Dawn earlier this morning. Warning, potential minor spoilers ahead.

It wasn't the biggest of Far Cry adventures. Similar to Far Cry: Blood Dragon or Far Cry: Primal, the game is essentially a 'stand alone DLC' or expansion pack, when you think about it, as it certainly wasn't retailed as a full price game. As New Dawn is a sequel to Far Cry 5, the game re-uses the original map, albeit heavily modified, and previous assets from the last game.

The game will probably take you anywhere from eight to 16ish hours to complete, depending on how much side content you choose to partake in, so despite not being full priced, the game gives you a generous amount of content.

I enjoyed Far Cry: New Dawn, it was fun and the post apocalyptic setting was interesting, but the game didn't really bring anything new to the table. The story is okay, but most of the characters were forgettable. The most compelling character was probably Joseph Seed, the original protagonist from Far Cry 5.

I did experience a lot of bugs in this game, especially compared to previous Far Cry games. For the record, I've played Far Cry 1, 2, 3, Blood Dragon, 4, Primal, 5 and now New Dawn, and New Dawn is certainly the buggiest one I've played yet. Some of the bugs were passable (people glitching out every now and then), some were frustrating (being attacked/killed during in-game cut scenes) and some were just outright annoying (falling through the ground into oblivion and dying).

I've said this before but if you enjoy Far Cry games, then you'll probably enjoy this. If you're expecting a totally new experience from previous Far Cry titles, then you might be disappointed by this one.

I would have loved to have played co-op on this one.

I finished Crackdown 3 this morning. It was fun and pretty much a copy of the first game, which is fine by me. It was fun leaping around the city as Terry Crews. The only issues I really had was the touchy controls and sometimes I’d be getting shot at with a barrage of bullets and couldn’t see from where. Only minor cons though. Now I’ll spend some time mopping up side activities and achievements before moving on to the next.

Xbox One
Bioshock - 8.0
Bioshock 2 - 8.5
The Evil Within - 6.0
Bioshock Infinite - 9.0
Crackdown 3 - 8.5

I just finished Quantum Break. I really liked it. The visuals and characters looked amazing. I loved watching the live action episodes between chapters. Other than an annoying final battle, I enjoyed most of every minute of the game. I’m also a sucker for time travel stuff so I’m probably a bit biased. In any case, it was a different kind of game than most others I played. I’ll go back and make some different decisions in the game to see how things play out differently and mop up some achievements then it’s off to the next game.

Xbox One
Bioshock - 8.0
Bioshock 2 - 8.5
The Evil Within - 6.0
Bioshock Infinite - 9.0
Crackdown 3 - 8.5
Quantum Break - 9.5

I'm currently playing Devil May Cry 5 for PS4.

I'm enjoying it. I thought I was over DMC when I tried to play DMC4 again on the PS4, but DMC5 has hands down, the best combat the series has seen yet. The graphics are awesome and while the story is a bit cheesy (which is to be expected), I like it. Having three characters keeps the game feeling fresh but I must admit, Dante is the most fun of the lot.

The other two characters are Nero and newcomer 'V'. Nero plays pretty much the same as DMC4, albeit he has a new robotic arm that can be changed during combat, while V is a character who is more of a puppeteer, e.g. fighting from a distance, using a raven for ranged attacks and a demonic panther for most of his melee.

I do hope there is an opportunity for more playable characters in the future, in the form of DLC or something.

Last edited:
One of these days I’ll revisit Devil May Cry. I haven’t played one since the first one on PS2 and I never got around to finishing it

PS4:

-Subnautica - 9 / 10
-Far Cry: New Dawn - 7.5 / 10
-Devil May Cry 5 - 8 / 10

I finished Devil May Cry 5 the other night.

The positives are that it has great, realistic graphics and animation (thanks to the RE Engine) and runs 60 FPS solid, even on console. The combat is pretty fun and it's probably the best game of the series yet. It took me a week to finish the game, so I would probably estimate that you could finish it between eight to 16 hours, depending on how good you are, the difficulty mode you're playing and whether or not you care about hidden stuff. The game does offer some replayability but that really depends on you and if you're into that.

The downsides to the game is that it can get repetitive quickly (for me, anyway) and the story isn't that great, with some pretty bad writing. The new character 'V', while interesting to play as, is just such a bland, boring character.

If you're a fan of the franchise, it's definitely worth your time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod