2018 Completed Games List

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Green_Lantern, Jan 3, 2018.

1. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

Platinumed Uncharted on PS4. Had to look up a few treasures and what was up with the timed chapters (had to set to speed run rather than campaign, which would have been a good thing to post in the trophy description!), but otherwise it wasn't too bad. I played through initially on Crushing difficulty, then replayed chapters on easy for trophy cleanup. You feel like a god when playing on Easy after completing Crushing.

I know there's the Brutal difficulty, but I have better things to do with my time than throw my controller at my television. :)

2. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

PS4:

-The Evil Within 2: 8.5 / 10
    -Tales from the Borderlands: 8.5 / 10
    -Monster Hunter: World (main story): 8.5 / 10
    -Secret of Mana (remake): 6 / 10
    -Life is Strange: Before the Storm: 8 / 10
    -Bloodborne: 9 / 10
    -Far Cry 5: 8.5 / 10
    -God of War: 9.5 / 10
    -Batman: Arkham Knight: 8.5 / 10
    -The Last of Us: Remastered: 9 / 10
    -The Last of Us: Left Behind (Remastered): 8 / 10
    -Dying Light: 8 / 10
    -Spider-Man: 9.5 / 10
    -Shadow of the Tomb Raider: 7.5 / 10
    -Red Dead Redemption 2: 9.5 / 10

I finally finished Red Dead Redemption 2.

For the most part, I really enjoyed the game. I was captivated by the game's overall plot and really enjoyed the characters and their development. The game does have quite a slow start to begin with but it got to a stage where I continued to play and wanted to keep playing, simply because I wanted to find out what happens next. I personally feel the story was beautifully told, and really holds true to the title and its overall themes.

Graphically, the game is one of the best looking games on the PS4 with some gorgeously realistic environments. I also adored the game's soundtrack, especially certain songs that played at particular points of the game. Interestingly, some of these songs were exclusively created for the game.

Despite being an 'open world' game, I found little to no bugs, so I think I got lucky.

My major gripes with the game was fast travel and the basic controls. I wish the game had simpler and easier to access fast travel (I know some people will disagree though, preferring the way the game's travel mechanics are set up) and at times, the controls felt quite sluggish. Green_Lantern here on the forums was able to help me improve my controller set up.

Overall, this was a damn awesome game and I'd dare say, my Game of the Year for 2018. I still can't believe that bloody Fortnite got Game of the Year 2018 for the Golden Joystick Awards.

Now I'm playing Hitman 2, which I am enjoying immensely.

3. Master_Craig

Master_Craig Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

PS4:

-The Evil Within 2: 8.5 / 10
    -Tales from the Borderlands: 8.5 / 10
    -Monster Hunter: World (main story): 8.5 / 10
    -Secret of Mana (remake): 6 / 10
    -Life is Strange: Before the Storm: 8 / 10
    -Bloodborne: 9 / 10
    -Far Cry 5: 8.5 / 10
    -God of War: 9.5 / 10
    -Batman: Arkham Knight: 8.5 / 10
    -The Last of Us: Remastered: 9 / 10
    -The Last of Us: Left Behind (Remastered): 8 / 10
    -Dying Light: 8 / 10
    -Spider-Man: 9.5 / 10
    -Shadow of the Tomb Raider: 7.5 / 10
    -Red Dead Redemption 2: 9.5 / 10
    -Hitman 2: 8.5 / 10

I finished Hitman 2 last night.

I've been playing a lot of video games lately, as I've been home recovering from illness and then, I've been home even more as I had knee surgery last Friday... so yes, lots of video games, lately.

Hitman 2 was a lot of fun. I like to think of the Hitman games as a 'puzzle' game. I found most of the missions enjoyable and it's a shame there's not so many, maybe like... seven or so in total, I think. The good news is, each mission is quite large, with multiple entry and exit points, numerous ways to kill the targets and achieve objectives etc. so while I've finished the story, I don't imagine I am done with the game, as it really encourages replay value.

What I didn't like about the game was some of the controls. Mostly, they're fine, but I didn't like how it works to interact with objects, pick things up etc. and I also hated how tiny a lot of the text was on the screen. The cut scenes are incredibly static, it's something the developers decided to try (e.g. it's CGI with very little animation, more like still frame) and honestly, I don't think it works, especially when the previous Hitman game used full motion video sequences, like proper cut scenes.

Overall, I dig it.

4. COMaestro

COMaestro Regular

Platinumed Uncharted 2 on PS4, again ignoring the Brutal difficulty and really most of the extra trophies they added to the collection. Moved on to Uncharted 3.

Master_Craig likes this.