-Bioshock (Remastered) - 8.5 / 10
-Bioshock 2 (Remastered) - 9 / 10
-Bioshock: Infinite (Remastered) - 9 / 10
-Bioshock: Infinite's DLC Burial At Sea: Episode 1 (Remastered) - 8.5 / 10

Nintendo Switch:

-The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 9.5 / 10

PC:

-Mark of the Ninja - 8.5 / 10

Really enjoyed this one, picked it up on a whim from Steam just recently. Spent about fifteen hours in total playing this, which is quite reasonable given the price of the game (quite cheap, but to be fair it was released in 2012).

Great, classic 2D platforming combined with modern day stealth mechanics and ideas. I wasn't too engaged by the story, it was very meh for me, but I did have a lot of fun playing it. The art style and animation is very cool.

A few frustrating moments, especially with the controls, but for the most part it was pretty good. Disappointing about the lack of non-lethal take downs. Apparently the DLC offered this, but I couldn't see it? I prefer non-lethal approaches with stealth games, so I ended up having to just sneak by all the enemies... challenging in itself but man, sometimes I just wanna knock a guy out, not disembowel him.

PS4:

Nintendo Switch:

PC:

-Superhot - 8 / 10

I totally forgot, but I played and finished Superhot. Granted, the "story" of Superhot won't even take you two hours, but it is a lot of fun with such original game play and a cool challenge mode. Sometimes, things would get a bit frustrating and repetitive and the so called story is pretty much a mess, in my opinion. Game woulda been better off without the story, I reckon.

The Swapper

Rating: 9.5/10

Remember after Portal came out when every game tried to be a super smart puzzle platformer, and most of them were interesting but forgettable? (ie, Braid)

This feels like it would be right at home in that time, except it considerably more clever and interesting, and doesn't overstay its welcome. It's more puzzle focused, but doesn't change the rules up that much. Instead, you have your basic two abilities (clone and swap between clones) that you have to make work for every puzzle.

A few of the puzzles completely stumped me, which gave that wonderful feeling of getting it right.

Definitely would recommend this one.

Master_Craig said:
PS4:

Nintendo Switch:

PC:

Really enjoyed this one, picked it up on a whim from Steam just recently. Spent about fifteen hours in total playing this, which is quite reasonable given the price of the game (quite cheap, but to be fair it was released in 2012).

Great, classic 2D platforming combined with modern day stealth mechanics and ideas. I wasn't too engaged by the story, it was very meh for me, but I did have a lot of fun playing it. The art style and animation is very cool.

A few frustrating moments, especially with the controls, but for the most part it was pretty good. Disappointing about the lack of non-lethal take downs. Apparently the DLC offered this, but I couldn't see it? I prefer non-lethal approaches with stealth games, so I ended up having to just sneak by all the enemies... challenging in itself but man, sometimes I just wanna knock a guy out, not disembowel him.

Some addition to my hit-list :D thanks men

Master_Craig said:
PS4:

Nintendo Switch:

PC:

-Superhot - 8 / 10

I totally forgot, but I played and finished Superhot. Granted, the "story" of Superhot won't even take you two hours, but it is a lot of fun with such original game play and a cool challenge mode. Sometimes, things would get a bit frustrating and repetitive and the so called story is pretty much a mess, in my opinion. Game woulda been better off without the story, I reckon.

You can finish the game in 2hours?

Thirty Flights of Loving
Rating 0/10

I launched this game, resized the window (why the fuck is it in such a terrible aspect ratio and fullscreen by default?) and then it crashed.

So I launched it, did all of that again (it doesn't save the changes you make to options), started playing the game, and it crashed.

I then looked up a fix and applied it, AGAIN resized the aspect ratio, made it windowed mode, got to the same point, and it crashed.

So I tried another fix, resized the aspect ratio AGAIN, tried to save the game, and it crashed.

If this game is actively trying to keep me from playing it, I'll take that as a sign.

Psychonauts
Rating: 9/10
Man, I forgot how good this game was. It hasn't aged amazingly well, but it's still so easy to pick up and fun to play. It was definitely much, much shorter than I remember it being, but I guess that's where the collect-a-thon angles come into it.

Now, I hate collect-a-thon games for the most part, and had no intention of getting 100%. So I didn't. Fuck that.

Finished all of Telltale Batman last night. I really enjoyed it. It was a very interesting take on all the characters, departing from their established comic book origins and such and managing to pull off a pretty epic climax in the last chapter.

I think I still prefer A Wolf Among Us from Telltale's menagerie though, despite it having what I felt to be a bit of a weak ending. Batman pulled off a great ending but felt slightly inferior to AWAU the rest of the time. Still recommend it though.

Playing Elder Scrolls Online, Final Fantasy XIV, and finishing up Black Ops III as well as playing Outlast 2 and Prey. All on PC.

Black Ops III has been a sludge to play through. It's boring, tedious, makes no sense, and so far from what Call of Duty used to be that it's laughable. I bought the game LAST YEAR and I'm just now second to last mission. I played some MP when I first got it, but the most annoying thing of all are the slow unlocks. It takes FOREVER to unlock weapons and mods. EVEN IN THE CAMPAIGN! AND YOU CAN'T PICK UP ENEMY WEAPONS! I don't want to be stuck with the same gun through the whole level.

PS4:

Nintendo Switch:

PC:

-Superhot - 8 / 10
-Fallout 2 - 9 / 10 (note: finished with cheats)

I've been playing Fallout 2 again, which is one of my all time favourite games, first played it when I was twelve years old. I've finished the game so many times that I decided to go through it with a character editor, so immediately starting off the game with 10 to all my SPECIAL stats, as well as 300% in every skill. There's something incredibly satisfying about kicking people in between the eyes. Finished the main sometime yesterday.

Despite finishing the game many times over the past... bloody hell, seventeen years (I feel so old now), I discovered a few things that I had never encountered before.

Damn, the first completed game I beaten this year was a kaizo romhack of Super Mario World called "Korosu Mario World"

Super Famicom
Korosu Mario World v1.4
Super Mario Bros (warpless) via Super Mario All-Stars

Last edited:
PS4:

-Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - 9 / 10

Nintendo Switch:

PC:

-Superhot - 8 / 10

I played and finished Uncharted 4: A Thief's End again. Last year, it was my Game of the Year and I would have given it a 9.5 out of 10, but this time around... while I still very much enjoyed the experience, there were occasional points of frustration that involved the controls, in particular, cover mechanics. Try to roll? Nah, gonna stick on this wall here and get shot at.

Some of the climbing mechanics were a bit hit and miss too, especially at points where it was difficult to determine where to go next. "Grab the chain", what chain? Oh, the chain that looks like a tiny piece of string, because it's facing the big ball of light in the sky known as the sun.

Other than that... it still plays mostly well, is still incredibly gorgeous and in my opinion, has a really good story, if you can get over how they essentially ret-conned Nathan's history to include a brother.

I tried multiplayer for the first time. It's pretty much third person Call of Duty with climbing and rope mechanics, but it's pretty fun. The player base though is quite small, so it can take a while to find a game... which makes sense, the game is a year old now and people would probably be playing CoD or Battlefield instead.

I'll most likely return to Prey. Or maybe Horizon Zero Dawn?

Completed the story mode of Injustice 2. There's actually two endings to this one, so if they ever make a third I am curious which one will be the canon ending. For a comic book fighting game, I thought they did a pretty good job with the story, though some of the fight reasons are a little bizarre.

PS4:

-Horizon Zero Dawn - 9.5 / 10

Nintendo Switch:

PC:

-Superhot - 8 / 10

I finally finished Horizon Zero Dawn last night. Holy crap, it's incredible. An extremely tough contender and certainly has the potential to be Game of the Year. Can't quite decide what's better... Horizon Zero Dawn, or The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

With Horizon Zero Dawn, I felt like such an idiot. It took me over half of the game to realize I had so much stuff to sell, that I could make a hell load of cash, buy new weapons which would unlock brand new arrow types. On top of that, these arrow types allowed me to destroy machines so much faster and easier than ever. I used to just run away from almost every big machine that it was embarrassing.

The story is really good, one of those stories that certainly gets better as you dive deeper. My major complaint about the game is that sometimes when sprinting (especially in combat), I'd get stuck in awkward spots in the environment, e.g. tree branches, rocks etc. and would end up getting smashed by an enemy. Despite being an open world game, I hardly experienced any bugs, except for the second final boss fight which lead me to death.

The human enemy AI is pretty bad, especially for stealth. Don't get me wrong, it's still fun, but kinda dumb... especially with the whistle mechanic which somehow can target and isolate one enemy at a time.

If you have a PS4 and haven't played this game yet, you're insane. Get it.

Last edited:
PS4:

-Horizon Zero Dawn - 9.5 / 10

Nintendo Switch:

PC:

-Superhot - 8 / 10

I finally finished Horizon Zero Dawn last night. Holy crap, it's incredible. An extremely tough contender and certainly has the potential to be Game of the Year. Can't quite decide what's better... Horizon Zero Dawn, or The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

With Horizon Zero Dawn, I felt like such an idiot. It took me over half of the game to realize I had so much stuff to sell, that I could make a hell load of cash, buy new weapons which would unlock brand new arrow types. On top of that, these arrow types allowed me to destroy machines so much faster and easier than ever. I used to just run away from almost every big machine that it was embarrassing.

The story is really good, one of those stories that certainly gets better as you dive deeper. My major complaint about the game is that sometimes when sprinting (especially in combat), I'd get stuck in awkward spots in the environment, e.g. tree branches, rocks etc. and would end up getting smashed by an enemy. Despite being an open world game, I hardly experienced any bugs, except for the second final boss fight which lead me to death.

The human enemy AI is pretty bad, especially for stealth. Don't get me wrong, it's still fun, but kinda dumb... especially with the whistle mechanic which somehow can target and isolate one enemy at a time.

If you have a PS4 and haven't played this game yet, you're insane. Get it.

I thought Horizon was amazing too, but a small part of me (really, really small though) couldn't quite pass on the sometimes terrible facial animations. It's hard to understand that for a game with such polish, the dev couldn't have spent a bit more time on this. It's nowhere near Andromeda's level of stiffness or "meat-puppet-ry", but it did bother me a bit.

Another small hiccup was the fact that too many side missions followed a "find misson/activate focus/follow focus/fight whatever jumps at you" formula. The fact that the environment was so nice to discover kinda made up for it on the long run though.

Geez do I look like a complainer now!

Woop! I finished The Witcher III: Wild Hunt! Only took me 90 hours and several months! Ha!

On to the DLC next, but I might take this opportunity to start a game in a different genre.

Woop! I finished The Witcher III: Wild Hunt! Only took me 90 hours and several months! Ha!

On to the DLC next, but I might take this opportunity to start a game in a different genre.

Nice one, man. You should really play the DLCs, they've got such awesome stories.

Day of the Tentacle Remastered

I got this in one of the Humble Bundles, and man, it's pretty damn good. My only real complaint with the game was that I thought you had to go all the way back to swap items between characters, but it turns out there was a shortcut for it that I didn't know about.

That said, not as good as Secret or Curse of Monkey Island. But still really good.

9.5/10

but it turns out there was a shortcut for it that I didn't know about.

I played through this game back on PC when it was a relatively new release and I never discovered the shortcut there, nor did I find it when replaying it on my Vita until I did it accidentally about 3/4 of the way through the game. So much time wasted!

Finished Prey at the weekend. A bit of a weak ending but overall was a solid game for me. 8/10.
Just in time for some crash bandicoot!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod