Halo: Overrated or Not

JCD said:
I would have actually thought the storyline is one of it's strongest points. Not many games have such in-depth plots. While Halo may still be a go here, shoot that type series, at least there is a point to everything you do.
In-depth plot? I couldn't even make it through the single-player campaign because it was so utterly boring. Seriously, i turned to the multi-player everytime i played the single-player mode because it couldn't hold me in. If halo had half of the storyline games like Zelda, Bioshock or Metroid have, it would've been great. And Icepick is right, the original Halo sold so much because it ran uncontested. And the reason it's still selling (though i doubt much) is because it became a classic because it was the only great game for Xbox.

UrbanMasque said:
MattAY said:
halo sniper mulitplayer...the most fun multiplayer level ever.

umm... what about De_Dust2 on counterstrike?!

soz dude never played. but lots of ppl sya its awesome...maybe i should check it out???

hmmmm

At any rate...

Is Halo over-rated? That's completely subjective. If you really like the game, you'll think it is rated perfectly. If you don't, you won't. I think any hype is over-hyped, because personal tastes can't (or rather, shouldn't) be based on commercials and reviews. Game companies ought to just tell us about the game and let us make up our own minds whether we think it is any good. But then, they would never be happy with that. They want to sell us on their work, regardless of whether or not we could possibly like it.

I have never played any Halo game and I never will, because I know from long experience that I don't like FPS games. So I've ignored all the hype for Halo 3 because I know I wouldn't like the game.

I had a whole big thing I was going to write about fan boys, but I figured those fan boys would just start yelling at me. I will just say that I think certain people will buy this game even if it is a pile of dog crap. It will most likely be a good game, but not as epic as everyone is saying.

HEY SCREW YOU GRAMMA GOODTIMES!! HALO IS TEH BEST GAME EVER SO SUCK MY NUTZ YOU SONYDICK SUCKING FAG! ITS EPIC! ITS SWEET! YOUR FACE IS DOGCRAP COMPARED TO....THE GLITCHES IN HALO3!

Sounds like some kind of sexually transmitted disease. Allow me to demonstrate:

I went down to the local whore house and came back with nergy sordz all over my body. It burns to urinate. Green stuff oozes out. Hell would be a welcomed vacation from this life. Damn you nergy sordz, damn you to hell.

first off, i just want to say that i'm glad that this forum has been very popular. Anwyay, now that Halo 3 is out, i'm wondering if you guys have any opinions on it

i'm trying to ignore them all.

And I still say it's overrated. What makes it good is one thing, and thats a great multiplayer game. What would make it better, single player experience.

That it in a nutshell. some games, like Bioshock or OOT, can get away without multi-player because their single player game is so good. Others, like Goldeneye and Doom 2, play better because they have a balanced game in terms of single and multiplayer.

Single player needs precedence, unless you have a party game like Mario Party is, that is when you should do strict multi-player.

Halo isn't/wasn't groundbreaking.

Why?

You enter a room. You kill all the enemies. A door at the far end suddenly opens up or turns green. You come into a corridor. You kill all the enemies, and you can go through the door at the far end. When you enter the next room, you kill all the enemies.
Then maybe once in a while you're allowed to push a button. You go up with an elevator. It takes forever, and while you're at it, you kill all the enemies (that drops down or stands by the sides).
Maybe you got some AI friends running around dying, and maybe Cortana is blurting out a couple of lines to a pilot somewhere, but yo're killing all the enemies so you're not really paying attention.
When the elevator stops, at last, in a big hall, you kill all th.......

Overyhyped? yes yes yes and yes. Garbage? Well no, not at all, but I would rather play Half-life 2 over the Halo series any day of the week myself.

maca2kx said:
I'd like to add that no one has mentioned the story behind the games. For me half the thrill is reading the Halo books and learning about the origins of Master Chief and the other Spartans and what happened to them before Halo 1 and between Halo 1 and Halo 2.

Sam

You are alone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle