Halo: Overrated or Not

There are alot of people I see on the forums who either think that Halo is the best FPS ever, or the most overrated. This message board is about peoples' thoughts on Halo. And i hope you guys have a good explanation for your opinion(s).

I like Halo, but i never found it revolutionary. So at the end of the day, it's a great fps, i enjoy it a lot, but it's definitely overrated.

It can't be overrated, since that would entail that how good it is isn't an opinion. :?

I'd definitely say so...my main issues are it's to FPS's as Diablo 2 is to RPGs. It's sorta 'Hack N Slash' in that sense. That and the horribly bland environments.

It's not a bad game, but not one I really consider worth owning.

Yes, overrated much.

It's an aight game, but it really isn't so damn fantastic. Take away the online play, and who'd really give a damn? I just don't see what you see JCD.

NjNakedSnake said:
I just don't see what you see JCD.
Well see, that's my point. Opinions. It cannot be considered overrated if even one person likes it. Perhaps you could argue that it would only count for that person, but I don't think so. The whole world is based on opinions and it's the variety in these opinions that makes life fun. If everyone loved Halo, it would lose most of it's appeal.

In other news, I'm even confusing myself now. Time for bed.

Well Halo is revolutionary, but only to console FPS's. Though, It did have alot of unique elements, like the use of vehicles, 2 weapon system, the unconventional health/sheild system, great A.I., but it was bogged down by the repititious level design and lack of any puzzles throughout the game. So, in ways, it is overrated.

The campaign is awesome the levels are great and its just a well made game. Id admit it being a little overrated with the whole soda thing but some bastards actually drink that

Halo is awseome because of the multiplayer, which was the TRUE revolutionary aspect of the game. The single player is run of the mill stuff, with great A.I at the time and good scripted elements.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod