I actually like Bioshock

Some of you may recall that last year, I wrote a blog entry where I described, what I thought were, the top 11 overrated games in recent years. I listed Bioshock in the #4 position, saying that the resources and ammunition are near infinite, along with criticsising the combat for focusing too much on circle-strafing.

Recently however, I decided to play the game again, and for some reason, I was having alott of fun. Sure, you respawn with no penalty every time you die, and the choice of deciding whether to rescue or harvest a little sister is useless, but I was still enjoying the game despite all of these flaws that make the game essentially easy. However, games like this and Okami have taught me that you can face an addicting and enjoyable experience even though it feels like a walk in the park.

I thought I was the only one who didn't like it. I will have to give it another try at some point, I suppose.

I was never a fan FPS (get dizzy easily) but was prodded by my friend to play it. Well I tried the game and am absolutely loving Bioshock. I didn't realise how atmospheric FPS could be. Of course this is only true for Bioshock. Maybe I should try CoD:WaW...

^Most likely, unless the story is amazing (could be).

I'm still in Fort Frolic, and am putting the game away for a while. Too many damn spider splicers. Anyone got suggestions on killing those f**kers?

I didn't get that far before I quit playing it, but they sound like electricity would be their downfall, assuming that is a plasmid.

That works, but for some reason I run out of ammo very fast. And those things have a decent amount of health. It's pissing me off slightly.

keepithowitis said:
^ :gun4: :retard:
Bioshock is awesome.
Look it up, buy it, and join the sensation.

trevora3.gif
t2.gif

Really, I thought it was shit. I said it. I gave this game many chances (playing on PC with latest patch). My main gripe is the combat. Although hard to describe, it just feels wrong. It doesn't feel like how an fps should. The way it plays and handles feels 'light' and lacks any real weight and punch. Your movement are too quick, like Half life 2 quick and the guns dont feel right.

It's also scary as shit.

I played it for like an hour, then I got stuck because I missed picking up and item I needed to blow up the doorway on a boarded up passageway, I went back to find it but couldn't for the life of me figure out where it was. I ended up quitting there because the game hadn't grabbed me by the gonads enough to make me give a shit about moving forward.

lokness said:
Really, I thought it was s***. I said it. I gave this game many chances (playing on PC with latest patch). My main gripe is the combat. Although hard to describe, it just feels wrong. It doesn't feel like how an fps should. The way it plays and handles feels 'light' and lacks any real weight and punch. Your movement are too quick, like Half life 2 quick and the guns dont feel right.

It's also scary as s***.

Scary? I must not have gotten that far. I agree with you on the rest, the combat felt weird, that's why I stopped playing it. Although, if it gets scary, I may have to give it another go, could be fun.

i should have been more specifinc, which version do you think is better, 360 or ps3. I dont have a computer good enough to run games on

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod