Bioshock, System Shock, and SPIDERS

Yoshi

Rookie
Hey ppl.
I can't play games that feature spider-like creatures. I'm arachnophobic.
Half life 1 was ok, cause the spiders were huge and yellow (or was it a sequel?). 2 was ok too, cause it was too good to miss, though it featured some spider-like stuff.
Doom 3 was not good. The spiders were bad, fast and ichy. bad for me.

Guys, i couldn't play fuc*ing KRIEGER. And that's 96kb of love.

Now, I followed GR's reccomendation following the Bioshock preview, and got my hands on a copy of System Shock 2.
Like every time i begin playing an allegedly scary game, i check it for spiders. While cruising System Shock 2's official site, i stepped upon screenshots and sketches of spider-like creatures, the kind which will uttelry annihilate my gaming experience.

When i asked the GR info about it, they told me they do not, repeat, do NOT recall any spiders in the game.

Question is: are there? Any? Spiders? in system shock 2?
And if there are... can I use the game editor to erase them? like I did with Morrowind? :D

please help me, guys, i wanna enjoy this game, and i hate the notion of shrieking and pressing the ESC button repeatedly. And it happens, sadly. It happens.

I am at your mercy. :)

My recommendation:

Seriously consider consulting a psychologist dude, fears like that can be utterly destructive in one's life, and unless you conquer them, they will rule you for the rest of you days. I could be cruel but I am actually being really genuine, if spiders scare you so much you can't enjoy a video game because of their presence, I highly suggest you seek assistance in ridding yourself of such fears.

well, i'm taking it all in a very comic sort of way, and i don't think a psychologist could help me with that. The only place where i can absolutely can't stand looking at spiders are video games. when i encounter one in real life, i just kill the bastard. But the doom 3 fuc*ers wouldn't just die if i stomp on them. :p

plus, you didn't answer my question, and what i wanna know is if system shock 2 contains the little bastards or not. :D

Yeah, I believe there were spiders in SS2. Later on in the game though. Shortly after you meet the first cyborg ninjas.

If it makes you feel any better though, they're not nearly as irritating as the ones in Doom 3.

that sure means a lot, but it's the sight of them that irritates me. i'll try anyway, if you claim they're less sightful. thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod