Most overrated game ever/most n00b-loved sucky game

SlashPrower

Rookie
Also in the topic, but I couldn't fit it in the title: Most underrated game ever

Most overrated:Halo. It's a good game, sure, but not the BEST GAME EVAR, like most critics and fans hail it as. I personally liked stuff like Sonic Adventure 2 and Psychonauts better, but hey, that's my opinion.
Runner-up:World of Warcraft

Most n00b-loved sucky game: ShtH. Places like YouTube are crawling with them, and places like the IGN boards have quite a few. THE GAME SUCKED, PEOPLE. TALKING EMO HEDGEHOGS WITH GUNS IN A HALF-A**ED GAME IS NOT GOOD.
Runner-up:Mortal Kombat, probably.

Most underrated game ever: Probably Indigo Prophecy. I heard about it once in a preview in my magazine, but then it just disappeared. I got to play a demo on my Xbox, and loved it. Much more recently, me and my friend rented a copy. I was pretty impressed. It's good as long as you can take games without tons of enemies jumping at you, bad graphics, and one of the most retarded last 40 minutes/ending I've seen. It's pretty unsettling, and some levels are genius and will freak you out(the asylum level)
Runner-up:Beyond Good and Evil

the most underrated game ever is Mystical Ninja starring Goemon for the nintendo 64, and it's fantastic sequel, Goemon's great adventure!

The reason Halo is so well rated and loved is because it brought something new to the FPS table, other than what was offered at the time, don't let it be dimmed down compared to todays standards, because back when it was released, it was absolutely brilliant (and it still is really). Top Graphics, very very controllable on the Xbox (the lack of mouse caused no problem), in all it had a great story, great production values and was the best out there.

Most overrated games ever: Morrowind and Oblivion.

Most underrated game ever: Planescape: Torment - to this day, it still amazes me that this game only sold approximately 75,000 copies while Morrowind and Oblivion have sold millions.

i'm going to be flamed....

Final Fantasy VII is the most overrated game I have ever played, in my opinion. Yeah its good, real good, but it's not the pinnacle of the series, that honor goes to III, VIII, or even XII.

LinksOcarina said:

Final Fantasy VII is the most overrated game I have ever played, in my opinion. Yeah its good, real good, but it's not the pinnacle of the series, that honor goes to III, VIII, or even XII.
I agree

LinksOcarina said:

Wow. Not only did you NOT get flamed, but you had 2 people agree with you!

Actually, make that 3. I don't like Final Fantasy that much. Too much levelling up.

LinksOcarina said:

screenshot1rv4.jpg

I'm getting ready to be flamed, just hope it's worth it.

Zelda: OoT

Yes, it's good, but the best game ever made? A unoriginal story, slow moving dialogs and all done in a Disney kind of fashion. I like the combat, I like that you get to see the world as an adult, but I can't take the childish, Disney like feeling you get when playing. It's like you know you will never get to score with Zelda, that no one is going to die if there don't go out like a martyr and that you always will be on the good side.
But then, I think it's just me. Don't wich to offend anyone. Lousy choice for a first post right?

used44 said:
LinksOcarina said:

screenshot1rv4.jpg

I LOVE THAT!!!

lol

And Bukload, thats your opinion, I won't discorage it, but I also disagree wit the whole childish feel it has. And not scoring with Zelda is a part of the story actually...that happens in EVERY GAME...

Tyrranis said:
LinksOcarina said:

Wow. Not only did you NOT get flamed, but you had 2 people agree with you!

Actually, make that 3. I don't like Final Fantasy that much. Too much levelling up.
Well, technically only one person agreed completely. Both you and Nes said that you just don't like FF. He was talking about how FFVII wasn't the best.

And you don't score with zelda because then what would the hentai be about.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod