Most beautiful game???

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Primogenitus, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Primogenitus

Primogenitus Rookie

Hey... What is the most beautiful game you have ever played?

Just the game that made you go WOW! :shock: when you saw the graphics...

The game that made your eyes feel good instead of saying "ouch" after an hour of playing...

My most beautiful game... Oblivion for the PS3...
    But then again... I'm new in the whole gaming thing :D

2. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Cute. I'll throw this over to General.

I guess my answer will be Dead Rising. I was relly impressed with the animations.

3. Caped_Crusader

I remember a few "WOW!" moments while playing PS2 games for the very first time. "GTA3" mainly because of its freedom and new game engine and "Gran Turismo 3" because of its realistic graphics. And after playing cartoony "GTA3" I was also impressed by "Getaways" much more realistic look and feel.

4. MrHimashi

MrHimashi Rookie

The first time I played it OOT.

5. UrbanMasque

UrbanMasque Everyone Wears a Mask

The only thing I can give to FFX-2 is it's graphics... very bueatiful.

on another spectrum.... Guild Wars and Oblivion on the PC. hands down.

6. kingg5

kingg5 Rookie

DOA so beutiful the breast physics.

7. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

Oblivion is beautiful. Sometimes when playing shadow of the colossus i just sat there in awe. It wasn't because it had the best graphics, it was just the cinematic presentation.

8. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Shadow of the Colossus, Oblivion, and a few levels in Psychonauts, like the milkman level where I looked in amazement at the level before me.

9. grandmagoodtimes

I have to say Gears of War impressed me with its camera and animation.

10. lokness

lokness Rookie

Thats how i felt when i first played it.
    Company of heroes did it for me as well, but it took some time to love it and embrace like i do today. The amount of detail in the animations, physics, and graphics is just sick.

11. Primogenitus

Primogenitus Rookie

I could'nt agree more on Grand Turismo and Shadow of Colossus. It was just such a good presentation but then again, so was the original Jak & Daxter back on the PS2. :). What about S.T.A.L.K.E.R by the way? I love the idea of the game and I think it's really well made and alll but I think it would have had better days on a console because there are just too few computers that can actually keep up with the HUGE demands it makes on graphics. My laptop heats up so bad that we warmed a cup of coffee with the fan :D

12. grandmagoodtimes

I forgot about the Gran Turismo series. I thought it was just plain awesome to behold back in the day. The replays are the best.

13. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

Yeah GT slipped my mind too. It was absolutely amazing back in the ps days.

14. FrozenBacon

FrozenBacon Veteran

First thing that comes to mind is MGS3. Some shots in that game were just amazing, especially the final part in the end with the shagohad.

WoW is good looking in an artistic way. The art department over at blizzard did a damn good job with that game. The art is so consistent, and the first time I saw the outland it looked like a big painting. I hate how cartoony everything looks but damn does everything blend together nicely. If the more realistic looking games had that type of art consistency then we would have some damn fine looking games.

HL2: Episode 1 has some good graphics as well. But what really brings it to life is the animation. Whoever animated Dog deserves a pay raise, damn his movements are so smooth. When I first played the game I couldn't get over how awesome Dog looked. The facial animation is pretty awesome as well. First game that really pinned down facial animations. The expressions look so natural.

For upcoming games, I'm really liking the look of Episode 2 and the games that come with it, especially TF2. Like WoW, the art blends together so perfectly. But unlike WoW this is a cartoony style I actually like. Its a serious look... but not, you know? Ah, I dunno, I just like it. Watch the videos

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/12826.html
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/19522.html

As usual it appears the animators at valve have done a top notch job. Also I'm sure it will run just fine on all differnt types of computers.

Crysis also looks pretty good. Real time ambient lighting? Subsurface scattering? Interactive vegetation?Yes ma'am! Lets just see how it runs before we jizz our pants, though. Of course, video:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/18588.html

15. EliaSoZ

EliaSoZ Rookie

Another yes on Shadow of the Collossus (sp?). Amazing are direction.

Also playing MGS: 2 for the first time. Opening blew me away. So did MGS: 3 towards the end especially.

God Of War, the first one. The first level, wow from start to finish.

16. lokness

lokness Rookie

Tomb Raider Anniversary looked fabulous in my books. The environments really set the mood of isolation. If anyone played the original on the PS then the menu music really sets you back to the days - i spent a good 5 mins just listening to the opening music.

17. Primogenitus

Primogenitus Rookie

What about Rome: Total War and the first Max Payne. Those were also pretty WOWish when I saw them the first time. The detail was really good. and way back on the PS Tekken 3 also got to my heart as being pretty well done.
    And then the whole series of Splinter Cell. They all looked great to me when I saw them at first. :D

18. Primogenitus

Primogenitus Rookie

And who could forget about KOTOR. Allthough cartoony style it really packed detail in its time.

19. Nick_Tan

Nick_Tan Rookie

I would have to say Okami, Rez, and Ico blew me away. As one can tell, I usually lean towards the artistic achievements of graphics more than the technical, though Oblivion, Gears of War, and the trailer to Killzone 2 aren't slouchs, either. I'll also through in the trailor to Heavy Rain.

20. NjNakedSnake

NjNakedSnake Rookie

Hitman 2 looked awesome to me at the time, Shadow of The Colossus goes without saying, Oblivion of course, Gears of War, and Rainbow Six: Vegas.