Most beautiful game???

Oblivion was totally amazing, first the creepy dungeon with the chains, skulls and stones for once smooth and l"ooking real for real". Then when you first leave the sewers and was just taken aback by the beatiful river, the sun setting and the distant forest. The lightning was awesome. And then you zoomed out to 3rd person and seeing your character in the midst of all was simply amazing.

Then of course FarCry looked really good, with an unbelievable draw distance and lush, big forests. EAGERLY anticipating Crysis. Tore up my lawn when they delayed the demo.

Actually, the first time I saw Warcraft III while a friend was playing I thought that game was pretty amazing, as well. Can especially remember how an Undead Ghoul chopped at a greylike pinetree and it swayed while you heard the repeated "chunk", echoing lonely. It just set the absolutely right mood for the scene.

For me it's Crysis. Just love it.
The landscpae is so beautiful and the buildings are accurate and the attention to detail is marvelous.

Bioshock without question. Anything that is cinematic, and large scale is just...beautiful, most of the time. The opening video as well? Seriously one of the best cinematic scenes that has graced my eyes.

Gears of War looked nice but it wasn't presented in an Epic way (ignore the company name. Irony.) so it just consistently looked good but there wasn't a time where I went "Wow." unless it was the beginning and that pretty much spoke for the whole game after playing the first level.

Halo 3 at parts actually has had me captivated with all the background things going on? The game itself doesn't look bad but in some levels the on going wars you can watch in the sky and the scale just make for a beautiful presentation.

yeah i noticed some trippy shit looking at the sky in halo 3. like that big swirly in the first level. i thought it was gorgeous. or when you blow up a scarab and youre far enough away to appreciate the glory of it all without being vaporized. it looks really friggin good.

A few games, in two categories:

Artsy: (these games I love for their simplicity, but art direction that tries something different and cool)
Rez, ICO, Wander and the Colossus, Lumines, Everyday Shooter, Bioshock, World of Warcraft, Okami

Technical: (More based on being fucking pretty to look at)
World in Conflict (seriously, at 1920x1200 as you gaze out into the rolling sea lit perfectly by the sun...) Gears of War, Bioshock, Metal Gear Solid 2, 3

THE BEST EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER !!

God of War is the best ever

god-of-war.jpg

I personally think that a beautiful game has more to do with it's artistic style rather than Ultra HD graphical power. In my opinion the most beautiful game I've seen this year has to be Space Giraffe on the 360's LiveArcade. Granted it cribs a lot of it's style from Tempest 2000 (both games were created by the same man after all) but it just looks so different from anything I've ever seen before in my life, or will ever again probably. Gears of War looks incredibly realistic but Space Giraffe looks incredibly unrealistic, which I actually prefer in games, I mean they are meant to be escapism right?

Likewise the most beautiful game I saw last year was not one of Xbox 360's killer apps it was Okami on the PS2, a console which is now "old technology" yet still managed to render something truly outstanding. I don't think I could actually name one game I think is more beautiful than all the others but Comix Zone, Ocarina Of Time, Starfox 64, Shenmue, Dead Rising and the two aforementioned games above would probably be my top seven.

I remember the first time i said wow to game graphics. it was on the one of the movies in Dino Crisis 2. When you were chased by a triceratops and you crashed your jeep in tall grass only to realize it was infested with Raptors. Cool moment. Also MGS3, and Shadow Of Collosus. Halo 1, when you first crash land and look to you left off the clif and you see the ring.

omfg i forgot about shadows of the colossus. that game is amazing in every way. the mountains, the lakes, the beaches, the bosses. awesome!!!! looks better than a lot of PS3 games as well

Since this topic is revived (some what), the artistic value in Magical Starsign was pretty good. It was, for the lack of a better term, cute and colorful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod