Tomb Raider Underworld

FrozenBacon

Veteran
Why is this game getting such mediocre reviews? This is the best Tomb Raider game I've ever played! It has the fine controls of the new game and the sense of exploration of the old. The difficulty isn't really that hard but isn't so easy that it is boring. The graphics are freaking amazing. In the Thailand level I actually stopped and looked at the scenery because it was so beautiful. Really was like a real world picture of a tropical island. It actually made me go out and go hike last weekend. Since it is winter there weren't many tourists and did see beautiful sights (there were a ton of waterfalls off cliffs because it has been raining all week, looked wonderful), but I digress...

Really is the gaming industry so focused on killing games that a fine adventure game like this that is based on exploration gets average reviews everywhere? Only thing I don't like about the game is the horrible story, but who plays Tomb Raider for the story?

I like it, but it's still not nearly as good as it should be. The series needs a massive kick up the arse, badly. It's just far too similar to the previous games. It's been over ten years now and the formula has hardly changed. They're good games, but some major flaws have been carried on from the very first Tomb Raider.

I do agree though, it's the best Tomb Raider yet. Some of the new moves are pretty awesome.

JCD said:
I like it, but it's still not nearly as good as it should be. The series needs a massive kick up the arse, badly. It's just far too similar to the previous games. It's been over ten years now and the formula has hardly changed. They're good games, but some major flaws have been carried on from the very first Tomb Raider.

I do agree though, it's the best Tomb Raider yet. Some of the new moves are pretty awesome.

I can kinda understand what you are saying. It is pretty easy to tell where you need to go because Lara can only grab onto certain ledges. At some points I just try to find a ledge to grab onto and then go on from there. I would prefer if Lara was able to grab onto anything (statues, decorations, any random object on the wall), forcing me to actually plan my route before committing to a jump. They sorta fix this problem in the later levels of underworld by adding paths that go nowhere but it really isn't enough. The camera i also damn annoying at times but it has improved greatly from the first game.

But other than that really, I don't see what else it could change from the older games. I mean, it is tomb raider. I think the final fantasy series suffer a lot more from this than tomb raider.

JCD said:
Some of us like that...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod