What game are you most ashamed you haven't played?

None of the Final Fantasy games, Bioshock games, Mass Effect games, and Assassin's Creed games after Brotherhood.

You all should play FF Tactics if you haven't, and if you;re looking into another one I'd say start with FFVIII

UrbanMasque said:
You all should play FF Tactics if you haven't, and if you;re looking into another one I'd say start with FFVIII
I don't know if you meant VII, because I know you love that one, but honestly VIII is so very different that if you don't start with it then it won't be as fun later. Which is a shame, because it's my favorite because it's so different.

Super Metroid
Earthbound
Contra
Metal Gear 1 and 2 and Peace Walker
Mass Effect 3 (weird considering I thought the first two were pretty good)
The Witcher
The Last of Us
Any MOBA
Any MMO
Any Halo game after the second
Gears of War series
Tomb Raider
Pokemon after Yellow

Probably more. So many games, so little money.

I would say that the best primer for playing FFT would be playing FFV, but then again I love FFV and the job system in general.

I've also never played any of the Mass Effect games yet, would they be worth getting into as a whole trilogy, or just reading up on 1 and starting with 2?

Commiebot said:
I would say that the best primer for playing FFT would be playing FFV, but then again I love FFV and the job system in general.

I've also never played any of the Mass Effect games yet, would they be worth getting into as a whole trilogy, or just reading up on 1 and starting with 2?
I think it's worth starting with the first even though I liked the second one more.

Longo_2_guns said:
UrbanMasque said:
I don't know if you meant VII, because I know you love that one, but honestly VIII is so very different that if you don't start with it then it won't be as fun later. Which is a shame, because it's my favorite because it's so different.

I do love 8 but longo is right its a bit different if you want to start on FF i would recommend FF IX probably my favorite FF to date if not tied with 8 it all depends on the taste a traditional FF like 9 or a different look at it but still just as good

I started with 7, and I think it heightened my appreciation of the newer ones and the older ones. I would say start with 8 because you can get lost in the card games and story. They're different, but going from 8 to 7 is eaiser (i think) that going from 7 to 8. When I played 8 after 7 I was like WTF?!

Also, Playing Final Fantasy 7 isn't for passive players. You have to be ready to play it. Much like watching Slumdog Millionaire. You can't passive watch that the first time through or else youre doing yourself a disservice.

Play 8, you love 8... then wait till you get your dick in 7.
Play 8, not so keen on it - then spare me us all your critique of 7 if FF isn't your thing.

maybe I'm romanticizing too much.. :/

Commiebot said:
1 and 2 are very different games. 1 is open, story driven, and has a mix of shooting and RPG. 2 is more narrow, character driven, and focuses on being a cover shooter.

I definitely preferred 1 at the time, but it has aged poorly and has plenty of issues.

UrbanMasque said:
I started with 7, and I think it heightened my appreciation of the newer ones and the older ones. I would say start with 8 because you can get lost in the card games and story. They're different, but going from 8 to 7 is eaiser (i think) that going from 7 to 8. When I played 8 after 7 I was like WTF?!

Also, Playing Final Fantasy 7 isn't for passive players. You have to be ready to play it. Much like watching Slumdog Millionaire. You can't passive watch that the first time through or else youre doing yourself a disservice.

Play 8, you love 8... then wait till you get your dick in 7.
Play 8, not so keen on it - then spare me us all your critique of 7 if FF isn't your thing.

maybe I'm romanticizing too much.. :/

The Draw Magic system could be pretty confusing for a newbie, FF8 might not be the best choice to start with. I'd probably say 3 remake is the best entrypoint.

Never owned an xbox so I never played any of their exclusives. Your Halo's, Gears of War's, Fable's and what have you (though I think that last one is on steam now)

Never really was into sci-fi settings that much so never played a Mass Effect or Star Craft game never played a Metroid game aside from the original NES one, same with the Metal Gear series.

No Bioshock games either. Might try it out next Steam sale.

Also never played any Pokemon game and I think that is the one series I'm most interested in trying out, but there are so many fn versions I have no idea where to begin.

For what it's worth to the Bioshock people: The first one is a definite must-play unless you're well versed in System Shock 2. The second is completely skipable but definitely has some interesting elements to it. Worth it if you liked the first game and want to revisit Rapture but don't really expect anything different. Infinite is totally different. It's very linear and scripted which might turn some people off, but it's very good at it, if that makes sense. The combat is dull and plentiful, but I always wanted to keep going to see what was going to happen. It's not the total package the first one was, but it has some pretty great moments.

Longo_2_guns said:
Commiebot said:
1 and 2 are very different games. 1 is open, story driven, and has a mix of shooting and RPG. 2 is more narrow, character driven, and focuses on being a cover shooter.

I definitely preferred 1 at the time, but it has aged poorly and has plenty of issues.

You can often find fantastic deals on the entire trilogy. I recently overcome my embarrassment and picked up all three bundled for 15 bucks on the PSN store! I just finished the first one and I really enjoyed it.

Green_Lantern said:
FWIW Mass Effect 1 is the only one of the three I played multiple times.
Same. I played out like four times I think.

ME2 I played once, then I did half a play through and stopped.

To people who havent played any Bioshock game...seriously do it now before it's too late!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod