What game do you own the most copies of?

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
What game(s) do you own the most copies of?

I've got Final Fantasy Tactics on PSX, iPhone, iPad, and PS VITA which is only four copies but feels like a lot.

I've got Super Mario Brothers 3 on NES, SNES (if All-Stars counts), Wii Virtual Console, so that's three.

Some of you must have more impressive ones. I'm thinking those SEGA collections would really pile up the numbers if you also owned tbe original cartridges.

I've got a few!

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. I have three copies for PC (one of them broke, another I bought for myself and the final one I bought for my brother so we could play co-op) and I have the HD version on my PS3.

Next is probably the first Super Mario Bros. We have it on the original Nintendo Entertainment System (which we still have), I have it on Super Mario All Stars for the Super Nintendo (if that counts, and we still have that), I have it on the Wii Virtual Console and I also have it downloaded onto my 3Ds.

Finally, Mass Effect 3. I have the Collector's Edition on PC, I have a standard copy for PS3 and I have the Director's Cut copy on the Wii U.

I have owned two copies of FF8 and two copies of FF9. Extra FF8 after I lost the first in a move as a child, Extra FF9 after a breakup and ex wouldn't give me all of my stuff back. She said she lost it, She is a fucking liar.

I have Metal Gear Solid 3, Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistance, Metal Gear Solid 3 in the 1-3 collection, and Metal Gear Solid 3 HD. I also have two copies of FF8, because one time my sister was PMSing and scratched my disc 2.

Haha I remember Used and his FFT obsession. I figured you had more than just four copies!

I wish I could say I have multiple copies of my favorite games but I don't (with the exception of the virtual console on Wii). The reason for this is the controller. If I played Ocarina of Time on the N64 I want to use an N64 controller, not a Wii controller.

The original Command and Conquer. I brought the Win 95 version, then one of the collector's edition then I brought The First Decade with has it in the DVD. I remembered seeing yet another C&C collector's edition.

WickedLiquid said:
I figured you had more than just four copies!

I thought i did too. The only copy i think i'm lacking is psp, because I don't have one.

FF8 and FF7 I own Steam and PS. Mostly because my PS has expired. MGS2/3 HD for same reasons, plus for convenience.

Erm...apart from that, I dont own more than one copy of a game because I like my money.

ICO on PS3, because one is Japanese and the other was a gift from Anthony Severino. I also have RDR on both Xbox 360 and PS3, but I stopped paying for Xbox LIVE.

Why would you ever do this outside of owning a game for a previous console?
Like this:
Master_Craig said:
Finally, Mass Effect 3. I have the Collector's Edition on PC, I have a standard copy for PS3 and I have the Director's Cut copy on the Wii U.

I have Legacy of Kain and MGS on disc as well as a digital copy on PS3. CD's stopped reading and I felt ripped off that I had to purchase another copy..

I have Metal Gear Solid 3 for PS2 and in the Legacy collection so I guess it would be that. Unless having MGS and The Twin Snakes counts.

Hummm... I don't have too many copies of things... Maybe a couple of Mario games if you consider All-Stars. Or, depending on how different you think the games are, Tetris? I don't even know how many Tetris games I have... lots. Actually, I guess I arguably own multiple copies of multiple Tetris games, because I bought them for others to play with me. :p

UrbanMasque said:
For me, I got MGS3 originally, then I got Subsistence since it was updated, then I got the MGS collection for MGS1 and 2, and 3 just came with it, and then I got the HD collection for Peace Walker on console, and HD MGS3 was just a bonus.

Terraria xbox360, PC (thanks longo!) and mobile.

I also have Fallout 3 and Fallout 3 GOTY - same game just one came w/ DLC

UrbanMasque said:
Like this:
Master_Craig said:

I have Legacy of Kain and MGS on disc as well as a digital copy on PS3. CD's stopped reading and I felt ripped off that I had to purchase another copy..

That's a game I've never played, the Legacy of Kain. I've heard good things.

Yeah... I've been tempted to buy the Mass Effect trilogy for the PS3, just to have Mass Effect 1 on PS3... but that means I'll have an extra copy of Mass Effect 2 and 3 for PS3. Oh God.

I own a lot of Plants vs Zombies because of the boys. Apple, PS3, DS and PC. But that's like $15 for all of them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle