Modern Warfare Deux

De-Ting said:
BigZell2020 said:
I really wish they would fix the party problems on the PS3...it really kills the point of multiplayer to not be able to play with friends.
What exactly happens when you try to form a party?

It gives you an error message when you try and join another person's party, unless one of you is plugged directly into the modem. Trying to go through a router messes it up, i've tried opening the ports and everything but it still doesn't work.

A friend of mine has it for both the 360 and PS3, when he plays on the 360 his NAT Type is set to open and he can connect with friends, but when he plays on the PS3 its is set to Strict and cannot. So obviously, it isn't just a problem with our individual routers. I had the same problem with WAW, and they never fixed that either.

My NAT type is always open or moderate. And you can usually just join the game session your friend is in without them having to invite you.

De-Ting said:
My NAT type is always open or moderate. And you can usually just join the game session your friend is in without them having to invite you.

Are you connected directly to your modem?

BigZell2020 said:
De-Ting said:

That won't make any difference unless his router is useless..

madster111 said:
BigZell2020 said:
De-Ting said:

That won't make any difference unless his router is useless..

If I connect directly to my modem mine switches to Open, and then I can connect with friends. I can't do this often though as there are others in my house that need the intrawebs.

LinksOcarina said:
False.

I put emphasis on the whole package, and the fact that two out of the three modes are essentially filler does not make the game a GOOD PACKAGE, especially for $60 bucks.

Fact of the matter is the multi-player is the only reason to play the game, and the multi-player itself was tweaked a bit from the last game, something they could of done on an update or a DLC for the previous game. It's not enough to give it an A- and barely enough to give it a B+, and frankly, I still want to give it a C.

Well, it got it's well deserved A- from the trusty GR team. Let me just say that Spec-ops is NOT filler. I've been playing it with my friends a lot and it will take forever to get all the 'starts'. It's a worthy and fun mode.

my NAT always starts out as strict and i think thats because my isp doesnt give me a static ip with this grassland satelite internet i have... port forwarded everything to the 360... dmz via mac address and i still have to reset my router everytime i turn things on in the morning until it goes to moderate or open.

i also hate the router i have, linksys wrt160n v2... you seriously have to DOWNGRADE the firmware by a year or so just to make it work.

as for the game itself, i enjoy it... i think they added and changed a good amount of things, my only real problem is the overdose in air support, sometimes it can be a lil too much.

well that and some moron standing beside you when you're decked out to be stealth.. shooting away randomly at nothing, giving you away.

Question: Is it possible to use Predator Missile to shoot down other streak rewards like Pave Low, or Harrier?

Yeah, I think my friend did that once, i think he hit a harrier. Oh and I was nuked yesterday by my ridiculously awesome-at-the-game friend (I got kicked and had to join the game later on the other team - I should've been on the team that got the nuke, but instead I got vaporized... and I had 5 kills to 14 deaths...not good).

LinksOcarina said:
False.

I put emphasis on the whole package, and the fact that two out of the three modes are essentially filler does not make the game a GOOD PACKAGE, especially for $60 bucks.

Fact of the matter is the multi-player is the only reason to play the game, and the multi-player itself was tweaked a bit from the last game, something they could of done on an update or a DLC for the previous game. It's not enough to give it an A- and barely enough to give it a B+, and frankly, I still want to give it a C.

Spec-Ops is filler? That can be it's own game. As for single player, it's short but the multiple difficulties make up for it. Yes, the multiplayer is the emphasis, but you're de-emphasizing the other two modes too much.

If you don't think it's worth it don't buy it. The multiplayer does not add that much, but I know I will play it enough to not regret my purchase.

Oh dont get me wrong, I will still play it a lot. But the point though is that it's a game that out of the gate should not be bought. Maybe when it's like half of the price then it would be worth a buy for me.

And the Special Ops Missions are good but are still filler. They to me seem like situational scenarios that you just have to plod through either alone or with friends. It can be fun, but it again doesn't excuse the game for being somewhat shallow.

I just had the sound glitch on me. It wasn't during a game either, like on Rainbow Six Vegas 2. It started just after the game ended and went to the lobby. Kinda sounded like a buzzing THX effect. Annoying as hell.

I finally got it. Yeah, after the past four Call of Duty releases I haven't broken my streak of not buying them on release day and instead waiting a month to six months depending on the game (W@W was the only 6 month wait) but damn this game is good. I just started the campaign after over ten hours of multiplayer. Impressive on both ends, I must say.

PS3. My first COD on PS3 I might add, and it holds up quite well. Granted, online the n00b tube is used a bit too often, but I'll let it slide for free online play

I'm going to make it my mission in life to create an online FPS that punishes campers. Both in the game and mentally.

I've thought about having the exorcism girl's face flashed on screen with a really loud Metal Slug death cry, killing them 100 times and kicking them from the game for 5 minutes(first offense), 5 hours(second offense), 5 days(third offense), etc.

n0Ob tub3s simply won't be included.

I like where you're going with this, De-Ting. Let's add in ridiculous kill streak rewards. 3 kills for a UAV, but if you want a harrier, airstrike, or attack helicopter you have to get 15 kills in a row. Anything better than that will be 30 plus. That game is too riddled with air support.

De-Ting said:
I'm going to make it my mission in life to create an online FPS that punishes campers. Both in the game and mentally.

I've thought about having the exorcism girl's face flashed on screen with a really loud Metal Slug death cry, killing them 100 times and kicking them from the game for 5 minutes(first offense), 5 hours(second offense), 5 days(third offense), etc.

n0Ob tub3s simply won't be included.

There was an admin mod for Counterstrike: Source on PC back in the day that allowed you to slap people who were camping, popping then up in the air and making a slapping sound so all their opponents knew where they were....it was good times. That was SnD style gameplay though, probably wouldnt make a rats ass bit of difference in a TDM or any respawning gametype.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Playnft