Modern Warfare Deux

KoalaRainbowPoop said:
camping isn't so bad. it's when 3-4 of em do it once and lay claymores all over and snipe with machine guns. asses.

The fun in this game hinges on who you are playing against. I've taken some pretty serious beat downs by parties of 5 or 6 guys who are all prestige and all really good players without a problem...it's when you get into games against people doing the things you mentioned that I turn into a nerd raging lunatic within 10 seconds. When people know they are overmatched and start turning to bitch tactics it gets really frustrating.

I am a firm believer that anytime I get killed by some shmuck sitting in some obscure place on the map with a heartbeat sensor...god kills a kitten.

KoalaRainbowPoop said:
I am a firm believer that anytime I get killed by some shmuck sitting in some obscure place on the map with a heartbeat sensor...god kills a kitten.

*Meo-* *CRACK!!*

Sorry, You were sayin' somethin' ?

KoalaRainbowPoop said:
camping isn't so bad. it's when 3-4 of em do it once and lay claymores all over and snipe with machine guns. asses.
I do that.

It's especially enjoyable when you're one of 2, both friends on a team who can cover both sides of a point on the map. When one of you die, the killing doesn't stop.

Afterward, you get to relish in the sweet sweet 13 year old tears. So delicious.

What system do you guys play on? If you play on PSN you should add me... BigZell20. I play a lot by myself and need to find some people to get in a party with, its tough playing on your own against big parties of good players. I have a 1.30 KDR even though I hardly ever am on a winning team.

I'll add when I can. I wish they had other mercenary play modes besides TDM, but that's what I usually play anyway. I had a 2.15 K/D when I started, but after I prestiged, and when everyone turned camper, it dropped to 1.5 :(

I think that this game deserves it's rating... I did play CoD4, and the only thing i really liked about it was the Chernobyl mission. I passionately hate games chock-full of full-auto guns, and right now online on MW2, I have everything except for extended magazines unlocked for the Barrett, and I'm level... 32? Maybe? I maintain my 1.13 K/D ratio, and I use the Barrett, SCAR-H, and SPAS-12. If i tried that on CoD4, the noob-tubers would eat me alive for a light appetizer. They really balanced out the gameplay, and I enjoy it. As for it being a rehash of CoD4... It is very similar, but then again, look at the similarities between Uncharted 1 & 2. They added multiplayer and a graphical update, but they're very similar in gameplay and weaponry, along with similar storylines. That doesn't mean that it doesn't deserve to be made into a new game, but for most shooters nowadays, a new game means a graphical update with a new SP, extra balancing and more weapons on MP.

De-Ting said:
I'll add when I can. I wish they had other mercenary play modes besides TDM, but that's what I usually play anyway. I had a 2.15 K/D when I started, but after I prestiged, and when everyone turned camper, it dropped to 1.5 :(

I feel ya there, I hate playing against parties...but in Mercenary TDM there are really just so many shitty players. I score well, but I feel as if I am playing against the JV team. But if you are by yourself, going into any other gametypes usually puts you up against a party of 5 dominators and you get rolled.

BigZell2020 said:
De-Ting said:

I feel ya there, I hate playing against parties...but in Mercenary TDM there are really just so many shitty players. I score well, but I feel as if I am playing against the JV team. But if you are by yourself, going into any other gametypes usually puts you up against a party of 5 dominators and you get rolled.

They should make some sort of "parties-of-two-only" gametype

Yeah, I hear it's fun on co-op. Sadly all my friends have it on Xbox and complain about the PS3 controller on shooters (even though there really is no difference, just an analog stick a little lower. It really doesn't hinder your ability to play at all) so I never have anyone to co-op with :(

One question I have about the game though. [SPOILER ALERT! highlight to read] Didn't Capt. Price get shot in the face in the first game?

Spoiler answer: Captain Price did get shot up, but no more than McTavish did... if you play through, or see the end of CoD4, it fades out with one of the Russians doing CPR on Price. SSgt. Griggs(?) got the face-shot, I think... And yeah, I have the same problem... everyone I know, excluding 3 people, have 360's, and no one I've managed to convince to play Co-op actually plays video games... :(

Add me on PSN, I'm getting tired of killing 1 guy while my bro blitzes the level. He did take me to see Chernobyl last night though.

Real Spoiler Answer: Zakhaev shot Gaz in the face from point-blank. Before that, Griggs was helping you and got shot through the shoulder and died. Price slides you the pistol to kill Zakhaev and his guards, and the last you see of him, one of Makarov's guys is trying to revive him. And a spoiler for the spoiler, if you haven't played through MW2's campaign yet: Soap gives Price his pistol back when you find him in the gulag, just before the airstrike and before you zip out through the roof on the helicopter.

Yeah, I noticed that. It was a nice touch, I was just wondering if my memory was bad or if they had introduced a huge plot hole.

This game rocks and was definitely worth $20, $60 is always hard to spend on a FPS though. I truly enjoy the variety of guns in this one.

10000_Squirrels said:
I have the same problem... everyone I know, excluding 3 people, have 360's, and no one I've managed to convince to play Co-op actually plays video games... :(

Bretimus_v2 said:
Add me on PSN.

You can add me too, check the PSN ID thread

Woo! People to play with :D I already have you added Schimmel, I think... Mine is Shivan10010. Not very similar, but I made it a year before this... Has anyone thought of making a GR clan? :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle