Modern Warfare Deux

schimmel

Rookie
If you haven't been living under a rock for the past year or so, you will surely know that Infinity Ward's new baby, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, came out today. It is a game that broke the record sales that GTA 4 set back in 2008, but it did it before it was even released. It is very easy to say that on a lot of gamer's lists this is the most highly anticipated game to come out in a very, very long time. So, now the question is, who bought it? What edition did you get? Did you do the midnight madness or wait for your local GameStop to open? And, most importantly, does it live up to the hype?

Since I work at Gamestop I got a nice discount...so I opted for the prestige...

I probably wont play it though and be a douchebag on Ebay.....

I just so happen to be very, very busy today, and I really, really wanted to play. Hooray! Shit day!

I didn't get it since I would have to ship a copy from states, and that costs more than the game itself...

I'll probably get it today or tomorrow. I really don't see why no dedicated servers is such a bd. They have the first CoD for mods and such.

My brother started playing multiplayer and had perfect connection the first game. I called the bluff though, as the next game totally lagged out.

And thus we usher in a new generation of being pissed off at our connections.

Just got it, installed, and my damn video card overheated halfway through the first level. I was running it on recommended settings, too. (ultra textures/high everything else, i think the game is overestimating the power of a GTS250.) Shit.

I got it today, and have spent a couple of hours with the multiplayer. I never played COD4 a lot, I spent more time getting my MP40 on with World at War. The game feels a bit like KIllzone 2, there seems to be added weight. The killstreaks really crowd things up at times, I hope I get use to it. Overall it's just another COD game, that ain't a bad thing though.

My Xbox keeps crashing, and I'm not gonna be using modded maps too much, so I wasn't affected by the lack of dedicated servers. Plus I needed another game for my computer.

If there was a zombie mode on MW2, i might have considered buying it.

As it stands, i hate Modern Warfare 1, and WaW is only tolerable because of Der Riese.

I might buy it when it's half price.
or under 6gb.

keepithowitis said:
Just got it, installed, and my damn video card overheated halfway through the first level. I was running it on recommended settings, too. (ultra textures/high everything else, i think the game is overestimating the power of a GTS250.) s***.
The fuck your graphics card overheat for?
That is not normal.
Downclock by 5%.

The only thing I had against original Modern Warfare were the assholes that would run around with M16's with double damage and grenade launchers...I mean WTF!!!?? M16 already is a one-shot kill so why the double damage?? And after seeing the heli you called get shot down by like 8 grenade launchers at once, 5 seconds after you got it, you would f***ing hate them too...

A buddy of mine got it last night and I played some local multiplayer with him. I like the fact that you can level up offline now, that's pretty sweet. It gives noobs a chance to get the better weapons without the frustration of dieing thousands of times. That's all I can say though because that's the only mode I played. Oh yeah, and silenced shotguns FTW

schimmel said:
Oh yeah, and silenced shotguns FTW

Suh-weet! It's going down No-Country-for-Old-Men Style!!!

alg_javierbardem.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle