I Need To Talk To People

UghRochester

https://www.twitch.tv/ughrochester
I'm quite depressed, because it's my own fault. Anyways, let me share a story of how I got to that state of being.

I was working earlier tonight. Our dining room closes 11pm and I locked the doors at 10:55pm. Well, my manager yelled at me, because that's breaking the rules and if our district manager would have tried coming in, we could all be at risk of being fired. Anyways, I got upset and didn't control my rage. not due to getting yelled at, but due to me thinking of all the sh*t they do that is pure laziness and breaking rules. Out of that little rage, I tossed my broom I was using against the wall and it put a hole through the wall. My manager had to call up my head manager and she (head manager) was upset and continually questioning why I did something stupid. Anyways, she's (head manager) very upset, because she needs me there, but had to send me home early this night until she talks to our district manager to see whether I should be fired or not. Most likely, I will.

TL;DR I'm depressed, because I might lose my job and don't know what to do.

After all the hours you've put in, they'd probably be stupid to fire you. Even then, as the old expression goes, when God closes a door he opens a window. Now I'm not a religious man, but I know for a fact that every bad event can lead to something good.

If you go on a job hunt, I'm sure you can end up with something even better.

I'm currently looking for a new job as I wait to see whether I'm fired. Just depressed, because I don't know what I'm going to do about paying rent and other bills.

As a guy that used to be a supervisor over a Barista team shift, my advice is to simply realize these rules are there for a reason and apologize. Written apologies are good but not needed if you are sincere. Even if you do get fired or not, its best to have your record straight for future reference.
And trust me, even with a good work history, mistakes like what you made can carry on for a long time in your record. It sucks but you have to understand you mustn't do things like this again.

Still though, fired or not, it's not the end of the world! Ya got the whole world and some experience behind you. Look into other jobs or career and see this as an opportunity to improve yourself. You won't be stressed over this situation on the long run, heck i promise, you'll look back and laugh at this.

We all love ya, Ugh!

If she needs you there, then I'm sure she'll make the "human" decision, rather than the corporate one.
The problem with big corporations like McDonalds is that they probably have guidelines as to what to do if there is a minor "rage" incident.
Yuo never know, they might just give you some "cooldown" leave or something, it could work very well for you! I mean, all they need is a bit of polyfila and some paint to fill a hole anyway!

Yeah, but she isn't making the decision whether I would still be working or not. It's the district manager who will have the final say.

Dont worry Howie, it'll be OK. Just be prepared liek evryone is saying. Any blue collar jobs out there? Get in on the "Office Space" action!

You know what, as someone who has rage issues, and has been in numerous disciplinary situations (yet never fired, I know, I'm shocked as well) I have a plethora of helpful information, including how to cover bills during an employment transitional period

But fine, exclude me, asshole.

Now's your chance
Quickly, flee the US before it's too late. Come down here to Australia, home of the topless beaches, free healthcare and $600/wk McDonalds jobs.

Yeah and pay out the ass for everything else in AUS.

I realize facing getting fired would suck, but were you planning on making a career out of McD's? Because if not, I'm pretty certain there are better options out there for you.

I didn't plan on making a career there, but it's my only job I have and really will be completely f*cked if I lose the job. I damaged the property, so if you know how to get out of that situation, Icepick, by all means provide your info.

I doubt they'll fire you Ugh. But if they do, just know it isn't the end of the world, even though it may seem like it.

In fact, it will most likely be a good thing, as you'll have to get out of your comfort zone and probably find a better job.

But like I said, if you're really an asset to the company, I'm sure they'll let you come back. Just apologize. And watch your temper. And take this as a sign that you need to start working on your future, so the next time you throw a broom through the wall, you're not depressed you might lose your job because you think you have no other options.

Oh and btw, your manager is a piece of shit for telling on you. To potentially get someone fired over something so stupid is pathetic.

My head manager just called and told me I have the rest of the week off until she talks to my district manager.

I also have to go and talk to her around 8AM on Saturday.

UghRochester said:
My head manager just called and told me I have the rest of the week off until she talks to my district manager.

I also have to go and talk to her around 8AM on Saturday.

Start looking for another job today. Just in case. Who knows, maybe you'll find a better one in the meantime. And be able to tell them to shove it when they say you can come back.

Suck it up and apologize. It takes more guts to apologize than it does to flip off your boss and quit.

If you do end up getting fired just try to see the positive outcome. You didn't want a career there so now you're moving on.

As for your rent and bills. Are you up to date with your payments? If so your bills can go a month or two unpaid before they cut it off. Just look after your rent first and if you have no money for either then talk to your landlord and explain the situation.

I don't know how it works in the US but up here we have ways to keep money in your pocket after you lose your job. Now I know you've worked at Mickey D's for a long time so if you have a thing down there called E.I. (Employment Insurance) then apply for that immediately. It is a temporary financial aid for people who lost their jobs. The more hours you put in at your job, the more you'll get back. So apply for that if you get canned and are looking for another job.

If what I'm saying makes no sense because it's a Canadian thing then you can always apply for welfare. I know welfare isn't much but it's something and was designed for people who are unemployed and looking for work.

You have options Howie, don't worry man.

WickedLiquid said:
Suck it up and apologize. It takes more guts to apologize than it does to flip off your boss and quit.

As for your rent and bills. Are you up to date with your payments? If so your bills can go a month or two unpaid before they cut it off. Just look after your rent first and if you have no money for either then talk to your landlord and explain the situation.
I can't just say I'm sorry. They want excuses and details. If I say everyone is a rule breaker and I got upset for breaking one rule, they'll ask what rules do they break?

I don't have a CC. I pay my rent with money orders and pay Comcast and my electric with my debit card. I already paid my electric and Comcast before this incident, but haven't paid my rent.

WickedLiquid said:
I don't know how it works in the US but up here we have ways to keep money in your pocket after you lose your job. Now I know you've worked at Mickey D's for a long time so if you have a thing down there called E.I. (Employment Insurance) then apply for that immediately. It is a temporary financial aid for people who lost their jobs. The more hours you put in at your job, the more you'll get back. So apply for that if you get canned and are looking for another job.
We have unemployment, but pretty sure that won't help me if I get fired. So many people I know were unable to collect unemployment when they got fired from here.

WickedLiquid said:

If you do end up getting fired just try to see the positive outcome. You didn't want a career there so now you're moving on.

If what I'm saying makes no sense because it's a Canadian thing then you can always apply for welfare. I know welfare isn't much but it's something and was designed for people who are unemployed and looking for work.

You have options Howie, don't worry man.

Your odds of getting E.I., at least in Ontario, are slim to none if you get fired for throwing a broom through a wall.

But the rest sounds fantastic.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133