Had to have my husky put down last night

madster111

Rookie
Her kidneys failed. I couldn't stay and watch when they injected her.

Feels really bad man.

So people have been asking for why i haven't been around.
Well basically, after the ban i didn't come back for a while, and it's at that point that some serious RL shit started to go down. Won't go into too many details, but the ex-manager of my parents shop had been stealing for a while, and pretty much single handedly ran the business into the ground because he's a shit cunt. While this was happening, i've been trying to figure out what to do with my life, in terms of whether i should try for a job at my current level of education or go do my HSC and try for the RAAF or continue on a Biology path. Still haven't got much idea. All of this was worsened by the fact that my manual Ralliart just kept breaking all the time, costing an absolutely shitload of money before i finally got fed up with the thing and traded it in towards a BF XR6 Falcon.
Had less and less video game time as i went into my parents shop to help out more often, all while not letting them pay me so i ended up being pretty broke for a long time not being able to afford to game, and not building a gaming PC because every time i gathered any money towards it, i would have to spend it on my car.

So yeah. I'm back here now because Skyrim reminded me about vidya and i wanted somewhere to gush about it, and i'm finally getting some money again.

Also, i'm 18 now.

Sorry to hear that homie.. hope everything goes well in your future, I am legitimately very happy you're back on GR. Like smile-visibly-when-i-see-your-comeback-post kind of happy :D anyway good to have you back.

PS i'm in the same boat with you on Skyrim, every time i go to save the money for it something comes up. Right now i'm tied between saving up money for a car, some new vinyl tables and mixer, an 808 machine, and another trip to Guatemala.. tough to find an extra 60 bucks between all those.

PSPS Happy Birthday!!! What'd you do for your 18th?

I really do know how that is. Though the difference is that it wasn't some other guy running my family's business to the ground, it was my mom. Though she did it because she was an alcoholic and too stubborn to relinquish control when there was nothing we could do to make her, not on purpose. She passed away a few weeks ago, and we're sort of undoing the damage that she did. And I know the pain of losing a dog. Mine whom I had for almost 18 years got put down a few months ago when me and my dad were away. My sister claims that he had gotten really bad, but she sorta premeditated it for sure. She had talked to me like a month before about getting him put down behind my dad's back, more or less, and I told her not to. It was the right thing to do, but still.

Sorry to gush a little bit, but I've been meaning to make a thread about this.

Basically, you're not alone. We all go through this stuff, and it makes us stronger.

About a million thoughts flew through my head within seconds of reading the title. For one, I'm viewing this on my iTouch, and didn't see the author right away. My first thought was daddio...my heart nearly stopped.

Also, didn't know you had a husky. Hope she was a good friend. All dogs go to heaven.....(not really, any dog classified as "small" goes straights ta hell. >_> )

Are you gonna get a new one?

Yeah, I feel for guys. My cat Smokey got sick from eating rodents outside. After The Dark Knight premiere, I came home to see him insanely sick, didn't even want to walk. I stayed up as long as I could to make sure he would be ok. Hours later, he passed away. It's hard seeing your pets die, more harder to see a relative die too.

Shit happens time to time, but it's good you're doing well. Welcome back from bannana islands!

That sux man. Life. Sorry to hear. Are you guys pressing charges against him? You could also fill the spot and try to revitalize the business in terms choosing a career choice? And of course theres always the option of choosing a career in the gaming industry. ^_^

Sorry about your dog too man, I had to watch my dog grow old and decrepit b/c every-time my mother suggested putting him down I turned into a 11yr old girl and had a shouting match with her - so I know how hard of a decision that must've been for you. I still haven't replaced him. I hope you feel better soon man.

Video games = therapy. Escape for a while.

Sorry dude. I had my childhood cat put down about 10 years ago - that sucked.

Play the hell out of Skyrim like my good pal Urban suggested. It'll heal wounds!

Happy Birthday, man.

Sorry to hear that it started raining sh** on you. Sometimes it just happens. But hearing about your selflessness and willingness to help your parents through a hard time...that shows your strength as a person. You're alright in my book and I wish you the best.

I also remember having to put down my collie when I was 16. My mom and older and younger brothers couldn't make the decision. I remember driving to the vet and having to turn in an authorization form that my mom signed at home. Awful day. Again, glad you're back and I hope things get back on track soon.

Coincidentally enough my husky is on her way out to, which is a real shame. We picked her up from a household that pretty much neglected her, I wouldn't go as far to say as physically abusive, but she's clearly untrusting and timid, especially around raised voices.

After three years of ownership, her hip gave out, I'd have to carry her up and down the stairs, after a while seemed to mend itself and that's when she started coming around, would spend time on the couch with us, be a lot ore lively and social.

A few years later to present day she's hacking up heavy amounts of mucus and blood, we had her checked out and it's cancer along with a bronchial infection. She's not going to be around for much longer, but we just can't bring ourselves to put her down given how much time it took for her to come around to us, and now she's so much more active and friendly than she was when we first got her.

We know we'll eventually have to put her down, probably within the next year, we're holding out until her quality of life diminishes, which is a damn shame seeing as it's by far the best dog I've ever owned.

Ahh, sorry to hear that Madster. Life's been pretty shitty for my family for the last few months. Several deaths in the family (including both my grandmas, the last of my grandparents), and a few more relatives in the hospital looking pretty bad. The worst part is I haven't been able to go to any of the funerals because of school. But that's life I guess.

Anyways, good to have you back, man.

That sucks man. Hope things start going better. My personal thought on school vs. job (not that you should take my advice at all) is to apply to jobs and schools. You'll get offers to jobs and you can decide if that job is worth it or not or you'll decide you want more school for a better/different job. It helps keep your options open.

Also spend the weekend draining your mind on Skyrim. Might help you forget about some troubles for a little bit as others suggested.

Sorry to hear things are rough for several of you right now.

As far as dogs. Asking for little more then food and the occasional show of attention, they are nothing if not fiercely loyal friends. A lot of people could use that kind of friendship, and parting with one is never easy. We had to get rid of our dogs about 3 years ago, and still there is not a day that I don't miss the big one running around and being a complete dumbass, or the little one constantly being underfoot and being a total grump.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod