So i had myself a little accident today [warning: gore]

Mod-Chip

Rookie
So after eating Indian take-out today, I put the remains in the garbage and decided to take out the entire bag. Little did I know that the "safe-container" for my razor-blades (a plastic cartridge you put them into after using them) wasn't as "safe" as advertised
so somehow when I tied up the bag and pulled it up, the corner of the bag (razor-blade) struck me in my leg. A quick trip to the hospital and some 10 stitches later I was good to go.

Pics!

What misadventures have you had that haven't been nice to your body?!

-BBK

CAUTERIZE THE WOUND.

I've never broken anything, never gotten stitches... But my body is a constant mess just because that's the way life is to me. No real misadventures that I can recall.

Most memorable accidents:
- Older brother tipped over a shopping cart that I was sitting in; head hit concrete. Don't recall the pain or any hospital trip.
- Had a playground setup in the backyard; fell off of where the firepole thing was; excruciating pain for days; left alone in my parents' bedroom, wishing I could die so the pain would go away; dark and alone; dark and alone; dark and alone. Also don't recall hospital trip. (Kind of traumatizing, kind of never forgave my mom for what I experienced.)

Less memorable accidents but still painful and/or gross:
- All those slammed hands and legs and feet in car doors...
- A few lost fingernails/toenails
- For some stupid reason, thinking that I could jump off of what I remember to be something like four-foot (my dad thinks it was way higher, of course) platform onto the ground without any significant impact on my little kid body... Oh god my ankles.

I have only needed stitches once.

I was carrying in groceries, and there was a big get together going on of all the people I've known most of my life, family friends and all of that. So I'm carrying in a bag, and there's a bottle of champagne in it. The bag breaks open, and the bottle explodes. A shard of it flies up and cuts my leg open in an instant. I fall on the ground, throw up, and swear profusely. My dad luckily left the door open, so he hears me and comes out. He gets a bunch of paper towels and takes me to the hospital.

I get 16 stitches, 8 on the inside and 8 on the outside. What do I do?

I go home, get a cane, make sure my wound is wrapped up in bandages, and I get to the party.

Pussy cut!

I got 7 stitches to both knees in the last year, but were MUCH deeper than that cut.

One I got jumping into a man-made lake for extra credit (I'm a Forest Resource Mgmt. major), but I was the first, and realized all the rock was shale and not smoothed out properly like natural running water would, and got cut the F up. a few scratches on my legs, but a huge gash in my left knee, had to get rushed to the hospital. (Last thanksgiving).

Last cut was a month ago I slipped and fell at work, had to get 7 stitch in my RIGHT knee, in the opposite direction. Both left nasty scars, PICS when I can.

In first grade, I thought I was Batman. My friends and I was playing "Tag" and I was it. So, I saw someone below the slide. I jumped off the slide and tried tagging my friend. I just remember something popping and me in pain. It turns out I broke my leg.

3-4 years ago I was riding my mountain bike to work. The chain popped off, crashed into a pole and dislocated my shoulder. I called my mom and told her I hurt myself and wanted a ride to work. I didn't know how badly I injured myself until my mom saw me sit up from laying down. I looked in the car window reflections and saw my shoulder off. The pain medicine the hospital gave me was awesome. I remember laughing, because it was like in movies where someone is doped up and the voices are slow and deep. You might see my shoulder has a lump in some of my videos. It's there forever unless I exercise it out or have surgery.

Last year, I was cutting boxes at work. Sliced a chunk of my finger off. Too small for stitches, but was a bloody mess. I didn't have insurance, but it was a work when it happened. Due to this incident, I feared I would hurt myself somewhere out of work. So, I enrolled in McDonald's Insurance.

Come on Mod-Chip...the grabage bag "struck" your leg? The first step to being a masochist is admitting it!

I haven't had too much bodily attacks. I once jumped from a climbing frame from too high up as a kid, and it jarred my thigh bone into my hip bone. But all I had to do was put my leg in a stirrup for 3 days and watch He-Man, TMNT etc - was pretty awesome!

I've never had stitches.
But that's mainly because the worst of my main injuries haven't been able to use them.
Broke my left arm when i was like 4 or 5 while being an idiot, and the worst skin-type cut i've had would be this cut:

Again on my left arm. That one couldn't use stitches because the wound was too wide, hence the burn-esque skin growth.

I was on a swing once in 2nd grade. I believe I was showing off and stupidly had my legs up on the downswing instead of bent like you're supposed to, and I fell off backwards, hands grasping for the chains, and the tips of my fingers got caught in the loops. With all of my body weight and centrifugal force pulling on my fingers, I dislocated all four of my fingertips. Every single one of the hyper-sensitive nerve endings in my fingers was in total shock.

Much crying ensued, for over an hour. I remember very little besides pain. Even our car we drove to the hospital in looked foreign to me. I'm not sure what they did at the hospital to make me calm down, but when they tried to x-ray my hands, I couldn't open them all the way. But of course, the doctors didn't care. They ultimately assured me parents that no permanent damage had been done, and now two of my fingertips are curved out of place, and a couple others are slightly crooked.

There's been a few occasions where I probably should have gotten stitches, but I never have before. Like one time when I was probably 14 or so, my dad was throwing away our old pane glass storm windows and I thought it would be cool to take a hammer to them not realizing how sharp glass really is. Yeah kinda sliced my finger open on that one......

Never broke a bone either.

When I was like 8, I was trying to knock my younger brother off his bike by turning my front tire into his back tire (yeah, I invented the PIT maneuver) but did something wrong which caused me fly over my handlebars and land face first on the sidewalk, chipping my tooth in the process (which I still have to this day)

Another time around the same age me and my cousins were playing balloon volleyball in their room when I ran headfirst into the edge of their metal frame bunk bead. Took about half a dozen stitches in the upper left corner of my forehead.

A few years after that me and some friends were having a foot race down the block when I tripped over some broken sidewalk and landed in some broken glass. Took over a dozen stitches in my right knee.

And my favorite injury of all, about 8 or 9 years ago I was really into sports and would play basketball at the park every day for hours upon hours. One day I went up for a rebound between a couple of the guys on the other team. I got the ball but they were on my back and I landed awkwardly on my left leg and heard the most awful tearing noise accompanied by the worst pain I had ever felt in my life. I tried to wait it out a little bit hoping against hope that I just sprained it or something like that but I finally had to give in and get an MRI done which revealed a complete tear of the ACL. Sadly, the fates have conspired against me because ever since then I've been in situations where I didn't have insurance or simply would not be allowed the time off or could not afford the time off of work. 1 month minimum with 2 months of physical therapy to follow. I was told I could go back to work after 1 month if it was light desk duty or something but all the jobs I've worked don't have any sit down desk duty so I still have it to this day. I've learned to cope with it. I can do most anything except play sport like I used to. I'll eventually get it fixed one day.

Fun fact about a torn ACL: When they replace the ligament, they give you the choice to use a ligament from somewhere else in your body or one from a cadaver. I was going to go the cadaver route hoping it was from someone who played sports too and would be possessed with the supernatural ability to let me jump higher.

that does look like it stings

I got 8 stitches when I sliced open my middle finger

worst part is I don't even have a badass story for it... I threw a clay goblet I made in art class... turns out my edges weren't so smooth and ripped open the flesh

A few already know but I had my leg in a cast recently due to a fracture. It sucked but I was able to enjoy prescription pain killers with out turning into an oxy junkie.

Icepick said:
that does look like it stings

I got 8 stitches when I sliced open my middle finger

worst part is I don't even have a badass story for it... I threw a clay goblet I made in art class... turns out my edges weren't so smooth and ripped open the flesh

Haha! It is lame, but the random clay goblet makes it comically lame - so it's OK.

Well, this isn't an accident, but this talk of drugs reminds me.

When I had my wisdom teeth taken out, I was put under general anaesthesia. First time (only time?) I remember being in any surgical situation. Coming out of that was shit... I was not informed that I would wake up in a chair in a weird-ass room with needles sticking out of me with nobody there. I freaked out because I didn't know what happened, there was a needle in my hand (I'm ridiculously afraid of needles -- talking about them now makes me curl up a little), and I didn't know what to do. What the hell. My parents eventually found me, took me home. Then promptly abandoned me again. They bought me a few litres of apple juice, gave me a little cup with a spout, and left me on the couch. Sad little me, lying down on the couch keeping myself company by dripping apple juice into my mouth.

Anyway, I was fuzzy coming out of the anaesthesia, but I never used the T3s they gave me. Didn't feel like I needed them, and they didn't say I had to take them. But now, I almost regret not taking them all, because I don't think I've been hopped up on drugs before, and maybe that would've been a nice experience.

I have some cuts, bruises and scars on my hands most of the time, because of my work, but I have somehow managed to avoid bigger injuries.

I was run completely over by a car...

Spent a month in traction and another month in a cast that cover my entire bottom half. After first month was over they cut me down to a full leg cast. Shortly after that the cast was taken off because I was such a spoiled shit that while on a camping trip my cousins wheeled me into a creek and left me there. Sat in that creek for a hour and a half before someone thought "hey where's that kid in the wheelchair?"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle