I Need To Talk To People

I don't mean just say "I'm sorry." I just mean when you explain the situation do so with hat in hand.

As for E.I. how many of those people who didn't get it only worked there for a short time? Because you've worked there since I've been here and that's at least 5 years. Kids who work a job for a few months aren't going to get it.

And welfare is pretty low I know. But like I said it beats getting noting. Just talk it over with your landlord and tell him/her you're sorry and you're going to pay your rent as soon as you can. Don't wait until the landlord comes looking for it.

intoTheRain said:
Your odds of getting E.I., at least in Ontario, are slim to none if you get fired for throwing a broom through a wall.

But the rest sounds fantastic.

My buddy got E.I. after being fired at Wal-Mart for raging on an ignorant customer. Although it turns out he was bi-polar so yeah...

Hey Ugh, I forgot you were in the States. If you get fired, just get a prescription for depression meds then sue McDonalds for 2-3 million.

I'm just trying to think of excuses why I was upset. This isn't me to do so and I'm a very valuable worker, so it's crazy to them I did something like this. Nobody is going to forget this there and my one friends always suggested anger management counseling and if he suggests that once I get there, I'll be pretty upset, but I'll know not to break a wall.

intoTheRain said:
Hey Ugh, I forgot you were in the States. If you get fired, just get a prescription for depression meds then sue McDonalds for 2-3 million.

Hahahaha!

Just say you were wrong and apologise like WL says Howie, it's all you can do. And it's the most "grown-up" thing to do. Plus hey - YOU GOT THE WHOLE WEEK OFF!! You can job hunt for a few hours a day - then game for 10 hours. Take advantage of this little break my man!

Just tell them you had a moment where you lost your composure and let frustration get the best of you and that it won't happen again.

Simple as that

Make up some sobby story of family trouble caused tiredness that caused you to slash out like that. Feel the empathy points flowing in.

Having the safe money source run out has been always a positive in my life on the long run. It makes you think what you really want. It also gives a good reason to work towards it and move on in your life to the "next level" instead of grinding on the same plains over and over.

Good luck man. Everything will surely work out.

Green_Lantern said:
Just tell them you had a moment where you lost your composure and let frustration get the best of you and that it won't happen again.

Simple as that

This. They're not expecting you to make up an excuse or start narcing on the rule-breaking of your coworkers. Just tell them you have no excuse for your behavior, you lost your temper, and you apologize. If they still choose to fire you, then they had already made that decision before talking to you.

Just keep your composure together, don't grovel, and you come away with minimized damage to your employment record.

Also, get a credit card, dude.

So, that jobs sounds like shit anyway. If they fire you - you can get unemployment while you look for something better. I'd apologize then let the chips fall where they may. Plan on being fired and use the remaining pay on rent, and then use this time to put in new resumes at different places.

You should be looking for a different job either way. Even if they take you back, use your free time to put in a few resumes here and there. Clearly this job is getting to you.

As someone who has been laid off from a few jobs, quit a few jobs, and been fired from a few jobs, I can tell you a few things.

Your little outburst may not be enough to prevent you from collecting unemployment should they fire you, but don't be surprised if they decide to contest it on the grounds of employee misconduct.

Have you ever clocked in late? Messed up on the job? Been reprimanded for not following one protocol or another? Received a poor performance review?

If you decide to fight the misconduct and have a hearing to determine if you are eligible for unemployment, they will use all of that against you to say you don't deserve shit.

In most cases it's easier to just forget about it and to find something else.

Also, though it may be tempting to leave on a scorched earth note by shitting in the deep fryer or something before you go, it is more beneficial in the long run to leave as graciously as possible.

Though it is supposed to be illegal for potential employers to ask past employers any more detailed questions about a former employee than, 'did so-and-so used to work there?" They will find out all they can about you and if they find out you quit in a blaze of glory, you ain't gettin hired at the new place.

Leaving on a good note also greatly increases your chances of getting hired back at the place you were just let go from under the right circumstances.

You know, i think i might go out today and damage myself enough that i can go to the hospital, just for the hell of it. Maybe get myself a codeine prescription.
Or maybe i'll sign up for the equivalent of a college course and have the government give me money to go there before applying for a job at McDonalds for an average of over $2,500/mnth

$955 flying united from JFK to Sydney, you can stay at my place until you're set up ugh.

Just saying.

madster111 said:
You know, i think i might go out today and damage myself enough that i can go to the hospital, just for the hell of it. Maybe get myself a codeine prescription.
Or maybe i'll sign up for the equivalent of a college course and have the government give me money to go there before applying for a job at McDonalds for an average of over $2,500/mnth

Green_Lantern said:
Yeah and pay out the ass for everything else in AUS.

Hey Ugh, that doesn't sound good man. I'm sorry to hear about how you're feeling and what happened at your job.

How did your interview at Wal-Mart go? I hope it went well, man. If you haven't done it yet - good luck!

This post may be tl;dr but I hope you take the time to read it:

I doubt your current employers will fire you. You sound like a very important and experienced employee, despite them giving you so much crap. If anything, use the rest of your week off wisely. Make sure your resume is all nice and up to date and start looking for other jobs. When you have this meeting with the manager, well... I agree with everyone here, I think you should apologize. Don't just say "I'm sorry" but try and explain that you got frustrated, lost your composure and that lately you've been feeling stressed out. If they ask why, you could try and explain what's been bothering you at work. I know it sounds hard and I know it's easier said than done but just think about it. Like I said, use this time and this week off wisely.

I remember you telling me you've got crazy hours, like working nights and stuff... I think finding a day job would be good for you. Means you could get a regular sleeping pattern going and you could begin a "normal" social life. When I say "normal" I mean in terms of times and whatnot, since most people work during the day and have their afternoons and evenings free. You could also get into social activities and stuff during the afternoon/evening too.

I really think getting another job, preferably a day job would help you out a fair bit man. It sounds like you need a change.

People are probably going to roll their eyes at this but I'm being serious. Off topic from the job but keeping on topic of depression (and I mean this with no disrespect), have you considered maybe taking up a sport or a martial art/self defence or a physical hobby of some sort? If you worked a day job, you could get into something like this as they're most commonly held during the afternoons/evening. Physical exercise is known to make us feel good and better about ourselves and can combat depression. It won't stop it over night but it can in a sense, treat it. I know time is the issue, but again if you had a day time job you might be able to give this a go. Find something that interests you, something you might enjoy and give it a go, you don't have to stick with it if you don't like it but it'll be good for a few reasons - you'll be exercising, lose weight, get healthy and you'll meet new people and make new friends.

This is gonna be biased of me but I would suggest taking up a martial art, because then you'll learn some groovy skills. Maybe dancing? That would be cool - I'm being serious too. I've always wanted to learn how to dance but honestly don't have time for it, or at least won't make time for it due to other commitments.

Depression is a nasty thing, a lot of us have been there. I know I've been there. At the very least, you're reaching out to others to at least try and talk about it and that's doing a lot better than most people already. That's a good step in the right direction.

And like madster111 said... Australia is pretty cool place. :p Although it's expensive as hell to live where I am, and it's not even that fancy! -.-

Green_Lantern said:

Simple as that

Also, have you ever considering going to trade school for some certifications? I bet you'd be a great mechanic or do really well in another technical field with a focus on installation/repair.

And CONGRATS on the interview!

Let us know how it goes, Ugh both with McDonalds and Wal-Mart. I know you'll land on your feet and this moment of stress and anxiety will pass!

My interview is on Friday, but I don't want to work at McDonald's anymore if I do get this job. I also need to ask them about the hours, because I need something full time in order to pay my rent and whatever else. I wanted to change my life, but I didn't want to make myself look bad. The strange thing is I had a nightmare of this situation before going into work Wednesday night.

If you're having bad dreams about it, it sounds to me like stress. I know it may be easier said than done, but you've gotta get out of McDonalds, man. I've had bad dreams about work during stressful times. It's not nice.

Seriously though, good luck to you on this interview and congratulations for getting it. Do your best, man.

danielrbischoff said:
Green_Lantern said:

Simple as that

Also, have you ever considering going to trade school for some certifications? I bet you'd be a great mechanic or do really well in another technical field with a focus on installation/repair.

I was going to suggest that too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle