Dark Souls

I got the Master Key, and yeah, I don't plan on increasing Faith any more really, I just started out the game with Astora's Straight Sword and that requires 14 Faith to use.

Smart.

For those of you thinking about starting, ALWAYS go with the master key. Unless you're playing thief, of course.

Okay, I just remembered something important.

Before Blighttown, first go on top of the roof of Fireshrine (get in the elevator and then bail out right away) and get a key. Then go to the top of the Fireshrine building and curl up in the nest for a minute. Once you've done this, it's possible to get a ring that lets you move normally through the swamps. It's VERY handy in the second half of Blighttown.

wait, so invaded by 'somethin' kirk is an npc phantom? shucks, i thought i was all cool for killing my first phantom and making off with his 5000 souls. ah well, makes up for the 12000 souls i lost getting cursed in the sewers. lost 6000 that i had on me when i died. went back, got cursed before i could get my souls back so i lost those, then spent another 6000 to get the cure for it. now i'm at the gaping dragon and he killed me because i got to careless on his last two hits worth of health. i love this game.

StudioTan said:
Let's all sit down and share our mishaps! D'oh!

Didn't take Master Key as my gift. :)

Lost 6k souls to the knight-like skeletons in the Undead Parish because I didn't know that when they are in a specific stance that they parry and instantly kill you. Fun times!

Exploring the Darkroot basin for the first time I did not know that trees can literally pop out of the ground. Here I am walking near a ledge and pop! Boo, says the tree and I answer him with a swift roll that propels me down the ledge...

Yay! :D

I keep trying to get summoned at the Gaping Dragon for the nice soul bonus you get, but all of the summoners keep failing big time on this fight....It's really not that hard of a fight. Matter of fact, I just went all the way through the Depths without dieing once and soloed the Gaping Dragon. Came damn close to getting cursed, but got away in time.

I know that ALL too well. Gaping Dragon is my favorite boss to be summoned for when I was shooting for being a Warrior of Sunlight, simply because of how easy it is.

Which, by the way, I am now because I got summoned enough times.

Regardless, the other annoying one is when you don't have a heal miracle and the idiot summoner doesn't realize we require THEM to use their Estus Flasks to heal. That's the worst.

I wish I could rate just to give those guys low scores. Even though you can't rate, I've gotten four or five thank you messages from people.

Yeah, I'm guessing the people that actually summon for Gaping Dragon don't really know about the boss too well. But it's alright with me, I'm working on getting my Pyro Flame upgraded with all these souls - sitting at +7 right now. And I just don't really want to go into Blight town yet.

It's pretty much just wait for it to do the vagina ground pound, then the vagina ground drag, and when it stops you can get 5 or 6 swings in before it gets pissed off again.

Also happened to stumble upon the Ring of the Evil Eye in the Depths which heals you every time you kill an enemy. Talk about an awesome ring.

It's in the dungeons, past... the FROGS!

I have yet to be cursed. I didn't find that part too hard at all. It only gives you one little cut of HP no matter how big the enemy, though, so it's really only good for swarms.

I use it and Havel's ring. Though I use the Rusted Iron Ring in Blighttown and when I need to go through water. And I often use the ring of Steel.

I may have said this, but as soon as you get 20,000 souls buy the seal from Andre the blacksmith. The area it unlocks can allow grinding of 6,000 souls at a time in two minutes at any level.

Spoiler: Just engage the enemies and knock them off the edge, or if you run back to the right side of the stairs on the corner, with two sides being cliff walls up and one a cliff face down, the enemies will jump at you from the top of the stairs and die. There's youtube videos of it.

And that is a good place to stop.

Longo_2_guns said:
I may have said this, but as soon as you get 20,000 souls buy the seal from Andre the blacksmith. The area it unlocks can allow grinding of 6,000 souls at a time in two minutes at any level.

Spoiler: Just engage the enemies and knock them off the edge, or if you run back to the right side of the stairs on the corner, with two sides being cliff walls up and one a cliff face down, the enemies will jump at you from the top of the stairs and die. There's youtube videos of it.

And that is a good place to stop.

Did that and leveled my Cleric from 28 to 40 in less than an hour. Now I'm grinding souls to buy miracles and gear. :)

Made it through the Painted World, which was pretty cool, and back to Anor Londo. Now at the Fatboy Slim fight (you'll get it when you get here).

In other news, the next patch has been announced.

It looks PERFECT

I wonder how they plan on changing the Ring of Fog. If they completely take out the no lock on part of the ring then it's not a very useful ring anymore....Although it is pretty lame getting invaded by bitches with it equipped.

It already does, but the matchmaking's a bit screwy right now. That's getting better with the next patch, it seems.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod