Dark Souls

Lost Izalith, find the glowing red maggot and kill it. You get the Sunlight Maggot helm, which is super useful.

Since it was just asked, here is my build so far:

SL - 72

Vit - 21
Att - 19
End - 40 (being able to fast roll without Havel's Ring is really nice)
Str - 26
Dex - 13
Res - 12
Int - 10
Faith - 14

Just got rid of my Drake Sword for the Quelaag Furysword which is a pretty awesome weapon.

Haven't really decided where I want to go next...Don't really want to deal with the ghosts in New Londo on the way to Four Kings, maybe pick up a Divine weapon to go into the Catacombs, or try out the Duke's Archives.....

Where is a good place to farm humanity? I need about 6 more to hit Chaos Servant level 2 for the new pyro spell and the shortcut to Lost Izalith.

The rats in the Depths are one good spot, but I personally have had better luck against the squid monsters in the Duke's Archive.

Apparently, the best place of all is DEEP within the Catacombs, though, where there are enemies who die in one hit, automatically respawn, and drop humanity. But no clue where.

Oh right, and current build.

Level: 54
Vit: 16
Att: 12
End: 23
Str: 28
Dex: 14
Res: 11
Int: 10
Faith: 22

Using Lightning Zwei +3 (637 damage baby) and wearing full Favor armor. Other equipment is Havel's Ring and Covetous Gold Serpant's ring.

The last week I haven't been playing for personal reasons, but I'm going to get back into it.

Just killed Quelaag on my first try... compared to the Gargoyles she was quite easy and I did not even find Blighttown that big of a bitch!

Rusty Old Ring probably did save me though. :D

Killed Seath a bit ago....Damn the Crystal Cave is kind of a bitch - especially the clam things right before the boss...

Now making my way through the Catacombs....Can't say I like this place very much

Yeah I have started but really havent gotten really far for educational reasons, school is killing me with 3 tests in one week so ive been reading books for 2 weeks but afterwards i will give dark souls the tender loving care it has been missing with the added bonus of hatred i will most likely have for it after dying so many times

Green_Lantern said:
Yeah, the first time you start out in Undead Burg is pretty rough...At least it was for me.

I'm running Knight class, and I'm just getting slaughtered, it may just be my impatience, or lack of time playing this game that is my downfall, but I may try the Bandit since he dishes more damage earlier in the game, and that would be pretty beneficial.

Patience is very important when you're a knight. Keep your shield up, strike when your enemy hits it, learn and remember, and you'll do fine.

Warrior and pyro are easier than knight, I think, if you're going to start over.

As for me, after grinding 108K souls for the second time to pay off my sins, I abandoned ANOTHER covenant to join up with the Forest Hunters. Got the Fog Ring.

Right now, though, since it's 1:30 AM PST, the only people on are Japanese. So... it's been interesting for sure.

Longo_2_guns said:
Patience is very important when you're a knight. Keep your shield up, strike when your enemy hits it, learn and remember, and you'll do fine.

Warrior and pyro are easier than knight, I think, if you're going to start over.

I'm only on the Undead Burg, just meeting the Taurus Demon, and just having trouble being consistent with the point/counter-point battling right now. I played very little Demon's Souls, but I know when I was a Sorc, the game was MUCH less consequential since the ranged attacks were so good. So I was thinking either Sorc for Soul Arrow, Bandit for harder hits, or maybe Pyro.

I personally wouldn't trade my badass knight for anything. The bigger weapons have a chance to stun on a power attack and I find that very beneficial to my strategy.

The nice thing about Pyro is that it doesn't require any stat boosts to effect how hard spells hit...You could essentially have a melee build Pyro (which is what I am pretty much). Sorcery is nice for the added range that the spells have as well as the added number of charges, but require an Intellect build to really start seeing positives out of your spell casts.

If you do start over (even if you don't actually) check out this video for some helpful hints to get ahead of the game a bit right when you start out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PegCQKTLjac.

And I plan on joining the Forest Covenant as soon as I hit level 2 in the Chaos Covenant and get the new Pyro spell and the shortcut to Lost Izalith. Invading people in the forest seems really fun, and plus once I get the Fog Ring I can be one of those PvP bitches cause I just picked up Tranquil Walk of Peace yesterday. Invading people in the 70s might not be very fun though :/

I can't wait for them to patch Fog Ring and TWoP, honestly, despite using them myself. So. Broken.

I kinda want to make a new one and join the Forest Hunters at lvl 20 or 30, just to try it. Be an asshole thief or something.

Yeah, I just stole 80K souls from some guy farming the covenant guys. Forest Hunters is really quite fun.

Just invaded the same guy again....Only this time he had TWoP and the Fog Ring equipped even though I killed him the first time with neither one of those. Lame.

I've had two really good invasions.

The first one went like this. I had the Fog Ring on and was standing out in the forest part, by where the Cleric usually is, and there was the host and a white phantom standing by the staircase. They had no idea where I was, and so I watched them for about 30 seconds. I took out my bow and shot a teasing arrow at the white phantom right when another invader came in. The White Phantom ran off to engage the other invader while the Host stood off to the side with his shield up. Right when the WP got far enough away, I rushed the host and backstabbed him, which didn't kill him. But he was so freaked out that he tried to roll away and... went right off a cliff.

The second time went like this. I invaded a guy, and right then a red phantom invader came in. I charged up behind the red phantom as he battle the host, unseen, and took him out in a single hit (this is MY forest, these are MY kills). At this time, the host ran up the stairs and shielded up and I ran into the forest. He was a short range magic user and I use my sword, so as long as we stayed 40ish feet apart neither could do a thing to each other. So we toyed back and forth for a little bit when another invader came in. I backed up and pretended to be hiding when the other invader came up, and then goaded him into attacking the host. The other invader got demolished and I bowed to the host once more. Finally I charged him after waiting for so long, got in a few hits, but ultimately lost. Ah well.

Still, it's a lot of fun.

Yea, Tranquil Walk of Peace is a great miracle. It helped me through some bosses easily. The forest area where the ghosts are is tough. I tried to visit again after leveling up quite a lot and I still get my ass kicked. There must be something cool hiding in there.

Longo, sounds pretty intense! I have yet to be invaded. But if I do, I'm sure it's 'good night, nurse' for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod