Dark Souls 2: To wait or not to wait..

Delta47

Rookie
Hi guys, so I've really gotten into Dark Souls lately and I'm not not sure how far I am into the game (I'm currently stuck on Sif the wolf), but Dark Souls II has just came out and I want to hop on board right now, rather than wait till I finish Dark Souls, which could take a while. But I realize if I did get it now I probably wouldn't ever finish the original. So I'm in a bit of a predicament, any advice?

I'd wait. I desperately want to get both Dark Souls and Dark Souls II but I have yet to even finish Demon's Souls. I know if I were to get either they would sit on the shelf for quite some time or Demon's Souls would be pushed to the side and never finished. Either way, I'd be wasting money. Plus by the time you finish Dark Souls, if it takes you a while, Dark Souls II could be picked up for a decent price as a pre-owned copy.

You're actually pretty close to beating it by now, assuming you've gone through Anor Londo and all of that, so you might as well keep going through it.

Also, like Lethean said, you might as well go through it and Demon's Souls while the price goes down.

Get Dark Souls II now so you can be a part of the early joined play experience. If you get it late you'll be just some dude reading some other motherfucker's FAQ instead of finding the secrets and strategies for yourself.

I'd say get Dark Souls II now while there are plenty of others playing multiplayer together and you can take part in discovering the game's secrets and such.

Nah, not really.

It's just that the weapon degredation system has been kicked into high gear, so your stuff breaks too easily, and the "lose 5% of your health when you die" system is really, really stupid. I even liked the soul form in Demon's Souls, too.

Didn't you lose a percentage of your health in Demon's Souls and you regained it if you successfully reclaimed your soul? Or is there no more soul form and when you die you just lose 5% of your health?

It's like the way it is in Demon's Souls, except in Demon's Souls your damage increases when you're in soul form. So it's simply a trade off.

Now it's just to make things hardcore.

I'm gonna wait I reckon. I've already got a few games to play and Dark Souls II will be arriving to PC this month, so I might grab it for PC.

On PC I'm guessing it'll be cheaper than console, may perform better and then there's MODs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod