Staff member
GENRE: RPG
PLATFORM: 360, PS3
RELEASED: NA - 22nd May. EU - 25th May.

packshot-usa.jpg

Dragons_Dogma.jpg

REVIEW:
http://www.gamerevolution.com/review/dragons-dogma

Anyone got it yet? Is it Good? Bad? Ugly? Awesome? I've been excited about this game for some time. Especially since Diablo came out as I've been seriously jonesing for a swords and shields game - this is mine. I've pre-ordered it this weekend, and I shall not be seeing sunlight until Monday morning strikes once more.

GR mentions it's a mix between Dark Souls and Skyrim. It looks a lot like Dragon's Age to me too. Never played the former, but the other two I love extremely so it's a no brainer if you're into this jazz.

I will most definitely pick this up once E3 is over and done. Then I'll get all RPG'd out with this and Amalur all summer long. I tend to hold on to these games until its drought time.

danielrbischoff said:
I will most definitely pick this up once E3 is over and done. Then I'll get all RPG'd out with this and Amalur all summer long. I tend to hold on to these games until its drought time.
You should also finish Dark Souls.

And get The Witcher 2.

:D

danielrbischoff said:
and I will most definitely put Dark Souls back in. I love the drought.

Implying that there were more important games to play than Dark Souls..............

waiting for it to come in for official review, it looks interesting and has some neat ideas to it...

but I am a bit worried about the pawn system to be honest.

Played the demo, was fairly good.
Lack of PC version is annoying.

Will wait until it's cheap then pick it up for PS3.

Ok ive been playing it...and other than the fact I made a 12 year old boy who shoots arrows as my Arisen, every thing is very blase.

The Pawn system is better than I thought though, I like the ideas behind it but it really gives your characters you create zero personality...which is a stickler for me when I do RPGs.

This definitely sounds like something I'd like - loved demon/dark souls, also love adventure/exploring/open worlds/giant boss etc. For how marginal of an RPG Sacred 2 was, I loved the giant world and giant bosses and spent many hours in it. I've gotten bored of my current selection (aside from XBLA here and there).

Question....Should I buy this?

Also, how does the pawn system work?

The pawn system is basically the hints from Demon Souls with an avatar and a sword. If they did a quest or have visited an area in-game, then you get stuff and they tell you hints regarding quests and things like that. They also give "advice" which is basically shouting "attack the tail" or "its weak to fire" or crap like that.

It also is an excuse for making a single player MMO, since the Pawns are borrowed from other players around the world. The problem I found is that higher level Pawns (which you can rent out if you have enough rift points or w/e it is, or if they are on your friend list) break the game. I borrowed Nick's Pawn and he basically took down a Chimera on his own, his pawn was level 41 and I was level 9.

So, the system is kind of broken, and becomes a cycle of going through avatars people make with all the same equipment (cause a lot of people go optimized of course.) as time goes on. It's interesting and pretty much mandatory, but overall kind of meh.

I like it as a single player game. The questing, adventure etc is all what I was after - no complaints there. Lots of fun.

Night time is just annoying, you cant see shit even with a lantern.
It can sometimes seem...cheap in the way they make the game hard. 4-5 bandits is a challenge...you beat them, then down the road there's 10 more and they kick your ass!
The weight system is something to keep you thinking, but just dump it all in storage - problem solved. I do hate weight limits in RPGs, so this is technically a blessing for me!

But it is a good game, I'll be playing it for many hours to come. Played with Links' pawn - a big black guy with a mean skewer shot! And I just made mine to look like Zooey Deschanel, I'm pretty sure she's a sucky mage. Infact, I dont think I've touched her set skills for a while even though she's learnt new ones...I should probably fix that.
Plus, I always chuckle when you get the gifts back from someone who has used your pawn, and they gift you a rock more often than not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod