Dark Souls

Hollowed

I've gone through the game spending 99% of my time as a hollow undead, rather than using humanity to revive to human and play that way... I always seem to die and lose my humanity within minutes of using it.

I do miss out on the ability to summon phantoms, the only time i've done it so far is once in the painted world of ariamis (which was awesome fun), had someone with quelaags fury sword and full knight armour help me destroy the phalanx, open up the shortcut gate back to the initial bonfire and defeat the dead dragon. We got invaded by the NPC who has a wicked pyromancy spell that sets the whole area on fire though and he took me out...

I also summoned NPC's for the Quelaag fight, made it much easier. Do you know if there's any way to be selective about who you summon and if there's ever going to be a way to use your headset to communicate with the other players? The lack of verbal communication is how the game was built as I understand it now, but would love it if the multiplayer aspect could be run like diablo's multiplayer (in terms of summoning upto 2 friends).

Hopefully you're at least going into human form to kindle fires...One of the first things I do when I get to a new bonfire.

And honestly, I stopped summoning people for boss fights after Quelaag. I just didn't really need help, Gywn and S&O got a little scary a couple times, but I soloed them.

Yeah, I managed that fight by basically hiding behind a pillar waiting for fatass Smough to swing at me then run up and hit him...

This time around I may need help to take out Smough first though.

I can't win at PVP. I'm SL39 in the forest hunter covenant and everytime (over 10x) I invade to defend the forest I can barely budge the other players health and they either 1 or 2 shot me. They also have weird gear equipped I've never seen. I thought I was gonna be pretty strong with my dragon king axe but it doesn't do squat to them. Anybody have any tips?

The musical scores for both these games are phenomenal. The thing I really dig about Demon's Souls is each piece has a continuing motif. You can hear those eerie four notes or so in every piece of music in the game. That really made the game for me. I'm a sucker for good music. In Dark Souls it's harder to pick out a motif, although the intro piece is very reminiscent of its predecessor. I've yet to hear any music past the Golem Knight, so I can't tell if Dark Souls is keeping the trend. So far, the score definitely sets the mood for battle/cowering in fear. Either way, good stuff.

As for PVP. Drathbone, what is your build? And what equipment are you using? Are you better for ranged battles or up close? I personally do not fare well against NPC enemies that have high dexterity; simply because I use a heavy weapon with a rather sluggish attack speed. So, try switching up weapons. Also, I found a miracle called Tranquil Walk of Peace that will over burden your enemy, causing him/her to move very slowly. You do need to have Faith at 18, I believe. I can't really add much more. Good luck!

Apparently the patch comes out tomorrow and has a lot of good changes.

As for me? Guess who just abandoned another covenant in favor of becoming a motherfucking dragon? And then abandoned them to team up with the Queen Spider. And then abandoned them all to be a Darkmoon. And then just abandoned them to be a dragon again.

Agreed. Same with the stones not breaking if the invasion fails.

Also, guess who's a Gravelord now? This guy!

When I look into this thread, I imagine Matt and Luke being college roomates and playing the game seperatetly in their individual rooms. And just shouting back and forth with their doors open.

Sounds about right. Though it's funny how this game has managed to stir up more discussion than any other thus far.

I wish I could join the Darkwraiths and abandon them. Then I would've successfully joined and abandoned EVERY covenant in the game in a single playthrough.

I have Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. Badly. I need help. I tried to get it, but betrayed my sponsor at the first opportunity.

Bretimus_v2 said:
When I look into this thread, I imagine Matt and Luke being college roomates and playing the game seperatetly in their individual rooms. And just shouting back and forth with their doors open.

HAHAHA. This so much.

StudioTan said:
This game f***ing RULES! That's why we're all talking bout it.

Well, that's not necessarily true of all great games. I mean, we all know that when Skyrim comes out in 10 days that the boards will go quiet for a good month or so, except for a few of us who can't get it or don't want it.

Yeah I haven't joined the Darkwraiths yet because I didn't know that you couldn't join if you place the lordvessel before killing the 4 Kings. I think the Gravelord is the coolest idea for a covenant, too bad it doesn't work too well yet.

I still haven't beaten the game, but I decided to start a new character anyway.

My new girl, affectionately named "Mage Bitch", has managed to clear Anor Londo and beat the Four Kings already.

Four Kings was fucking crazy.

Still haven't beaten four kings... I got beatdown badly and ran away with my tail between my legs... I've since beaten the dukes archives and explored the crystal cave (fuck that place man...) beat the catacombs and went to the land of the giants for about a minute before i decided it might be too hardcore and then i went to demon ruins and tried to fight ceasless discharge ... bad idea... So now I'm stuck, in firelink shrine... scared and not knowing what to do next! I'm SL75 and mainly good at pyromancy and have a Quelaags Fury Sword +4 and a Lighting Pike +2

Four Kings becomes cake if you use Iron Flesh and pound them with ranged stuff.

Ceaseless Discharge is a sort of gimmicky boss, though not the worst one (fucking Bed of Chaos). His vision is mostly based on motion, so when he rounds the corner hold still until he's right in front of you, and then run into the little valley about 2/3rds of the way through. He'll throw his bone thing at you, run back as not to get hit, and then whail on it.

Or if you get him to go all the way back to the fog gate, you can get him to fall down a bottomless pit. Not even joking. Just whack his hand when he grabs on to the ledge.

As for me, I finally beat the game. The final boss was a biiiiiiiiiiiitch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle