Final Fantasy XIII

Its better as you go on. Im towards the end of the 11th chapter. Im loving the game, and how it gets harder and easier every other fight. Its fun rushing into a fight only to wipe...

I have completed it!! YAAAH!! And the ending movie shows why the logo is as it is! It does leave you going....wtf.
Definately not as fucked up as the 8th ending.

Final boss was hard, I died about 4 times fighting him.

I'm now doing all the missions. The one in the Faultwarrens with 3 Tonberrys...yeah, god damn that's annoying.

I passed the 80 hour mark not long ago...:D

Just beat it! Got past the 50 hour mark. I have another save where Im going to beat missions.

I dont get it, why is the christarium expanded if Im not going to be fighting anymore?

And I liked that ending, just hated that the cinematic before the timed fight was longer than the actual end.

-edit- Never mind! Didnt know I could start from before the fight. Any way to go back to the mission place from the end?

For later missions you need that last expansion!! Believe me! Because you need 20000+ health for some mission battles! Like the giant Cactaur...god dammit he's annoying!!

You can carry on your missions via the portals by the way. You dont need to revert to your last save.

Okay, thats what I was wondering. And I was so pissed because I thought "Why are they just giving me this last tier of crap now if theres achievements for maxing it out!"

And yeah, that one giant guy screaming at me seems a bit intimidating...

A little bit... but then again, I'm one of the few people I know that loves FF 12. I really enjoyed the story telling in this one, but wish that they could've incorporated summons better and included cities. Why is this one topping your list?

I'm something of an Ivalice fanboy, so it's strange that I would be ranking this above FFXII or FFTA2, the last two good FFs, but I am. There's something indescribable yet undeniable with FFXIII that draws me in and makes me want to shirk all other responsibilities and functions (like sleeping ;)) and just play play play. I haven't had that urge to play an RPG since probably Persona 3. Once I figure out what that "it factor" is and get further in the game I'll get back to you.

P.S. I think the linearity actually has something positive to do with it.

The linearity makes the story much more immersive I think. EG, with Hope's little revenge, throughout the chapters I wondering what the hell he would do! That made me play on. Plus the music in chapter 6 made me level there until I maxed the Crystarium thingy :)

Whaaaat. When Jihl Nabaat takes off her glasses she looks just like one of my ex gfs.

I'm 20 hours in and on chapter 8 (sazh just fought his eidolon). No spoilers.

I think I need to grind a little, my chrystarium could use some work, especially my status boosting classes like synergist, sabotuer, etc.

I find those eidolon battles the hardest. It's not that I die. I cant raise that bar up in time! I died a lot when fighting them. Especially Sazh's eidolon - he's hard yo.

Yeah, for that fight you must have Haste. On about my third try without it I said fuck it and used a aegisol and fortisol. That helped. Also I'm lucky that Vanille is my strongest character who I've put the most upgrades into. She has some incredibly powerful equipment.

Equipment upgrades was the one area that I wish had a better tutorial. I wasted a ton of materials figuring that system out.

As far as battles go, I have no problem with the killing ones, but I totally agree with MattAY. The eidolons can be hard to figure out because they all have very specific patterns that you have to figure out to fill that stupid bar. With Sazh, I died twice right as the bar started to say "push square". Awful.

Yeah bitch, I'm always right! ;)

Equipment is certainly hard to get used to. You soon get the knack of which ones work best. I only paid attention to my favourite characters (Lightning and Hope) anyway. Unless you actually wrote down what works I dont think I'd remember. Plus like you said, it costs a bomb! so I focused on 2.

It also took me a while to figure out you can go up a "tier" in weapon upgrades! Makes a difference! You just need the right mineral (it's an expensive one)

I kind of saw it coming. I mean, this is this biggest FF release since X and they made it a lot more user friendly, so it makes sense that with user friendliness on a big game that they would make a sequel. Should it happen? Probably not, look at X-2, it was pretty bad, but they're still going to... cash is cash

Meh.

I wish I had more to say, but I can't muster anything more. Actually, I have this to say FFs are really kind of there own thing from game to game lately, and 13 wasn't a great game it was a B. It had some great things going for it and some detractors as well. So when they announce a sequel...meh.

For me, their stories have gotten old. And that's what you do a sequel for, to continue a great story (which 13 was not).

I like the idea of a second. I can see a continuance of this story, as opposed to 10.

I wouldn't mind the same gameplay with some new quirks. but if I listen to my heart - it's turn-based, FF9 skill learning, FF7 field-roaming stuff that I truly want!

MattAY said:
I like the idea of a second. I can see a continuance of this story, as opposed to 10.

I wouldn't mind the same gameplay with some new quirks. but if I listen to my heart - it's turn-based, FF9 skill learning, FF7 field-roaming stuff that I truly want!

Agree but i would like to see Versus before the sequel but that probably won't happen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod