Final Fantasy XIII no longer Sony exclusive!

Grey said:
Ghosttrip - Where's the Kotaku hate coming from? They're known for being a well reputed site and I've never seen them get something wrong.

I've just known people who get duped by their rumors too many times. And I can recall threads in the past that feature Kotaku links about MGS4 that turned out to be just fake.

And for the record, I'm not a Sony fanboy. I don't even own a PS3 and the idea that FFXIII will come to the 360 is great news. I just find it really hard to believe that Final Fantasy which has been strictly Sony since the PS1 came into play (with the exception of some DS games and Crystal Chronicles) would have a new chapter released on the 360.

But I guess it is true so there is nothing to argue about and I don't need to buy a PS3 8)

Unless MGS4 never gets ported which might be true.

It's is probably going to 360 because FF XI probably did well on 360 so they wanted to see if FF XIII would also do well on it.

What's the big deal ?

You sony fans are so funny to me. Everytime something happens, you sony boys are on it. I think that this game coming to xbox is much better than it being on an overpriced machine that none of MY friends have. We all have 360's. Ha ! Good job MS. Good job.

Plus, nobody ever expected xbox to even make it this far and people still bash it. I have friends that still believe that the controller is huge and the graphics never changed from the original xbox. lol Right.

I have always been an xbox supporter, I love my PS2 as well, but damn it man you can obviously see the difference.

People find ways to bash xbox, while other's find ways to make anything sony sound Godly. I know im not the only one that see's this happening. Come on.

Boringman54 said:
It's is probably going to 360 because FF XI probably did well on 360 so they wanted to see if FF XIII would also do well on it.

That's very true, I've always forgotten about FFXI being on Xbox probably because I never played it. My PC sucks for games, it was too expensive on PS2, and I never owned an XBOX. Plus, it was much different from all the other chapters. It had the FF feel to it in a style of a MMORPG. IMO, Final Fantasy has always been about a solo adventure with your party that you build up.

But yeah man, SqureEnix always does try something new with every FF game so we'll just have to wait and see.

Like I said, great news now that I believe it.

Squiggy said:
When I first read the article, I laughed.

Not because I'm a 360 owner with a new game to look forward to.

Not because Sony lost a big game's exclusivity.

I laughed at all the butthurt heartbroken Sony fanboys who believe that feudal honor and loyalty applies in modern industry in the form of loyally keeping a videogame exclusive to one platform, and seem to be totally unaware that multiplatform status doesn't affect them at all since they can still buy the game for their system and play it.

QFT.

I love you Squiggy.

People take their video game console(s) a little too seriously sometimes.

I got one thing to say to PS3 fanboys about this... PWNED! You just lost one of your three big appeals to get a PS3 over a 360. You still have the other two... MGS4 and God of War 3, but still... PWNED!

When FF7 moved N64 to PSX, this was the nail in the coffin that stole the limelight from Nintendo and won Sony the next 2 generations

Could this be the move that nearly kills Sony and moves the audience to Microsoft?

I know that there have been a couple of FFs for the GBA and DS, plus FF11 for the PC, but this is the first "proper" FF to move since FF7.

DMC 4 and FF13 are no longer PS3 exclusives.... if GOW 3 comes out on PC, then I'll be sorted!

PsychoSavager said:
When FFVII moved N64 to PSX, this was the nail in the coffin that stole the limelight from Nintendo and won Sony the next 2 generations

Could this be the move that nearly kills Sony and moves the audience to Microsoft?

DMC 4 and FF13 are no longer PS3 exclusives.... if GOW 3 comes out on PC, then I'll be sorted!
2 things about what you said.

1. Unlike FF VII, FF XIII is still on the PS3.

2. PC is normally only in conjunction with 360, like with Halo or Mass Effect, so there's probably a 0% chance GOW 3 would be on PC.

R.I.P PS3,

We hardly knew ye. Actually we did, and we knew that you didn't have any great games. This could have been your gem, but now, the console war is all but over for you.

crazycracker22 said:
Ummm Gears of War is on the PC too.

Edit: Oh god of war. f****** acronyms.
I thought that too but then I figured that it didn't make sense for him to talk about gears of war 3 when 2 is the topic of discussion at E3.

LinksOcarina said:
I love how everyone is assuming this is all about console wars...

Thats funny to me.
I think everyone realizes it's a massive business move for square enix to expand its fanbase to other consoles. Don't be so foolish to think that everyone believes this is all about the console wars.

Considering the last FF game I actually completed to the end was VIII, I don't care where it goes. 8)

Tried playing 10, couldn't stand Tidus
Tried playing 12, couldn't stand Vaan

I know the lead is a chick, which I would prefer over a meterosexual dude. But if it's anything like 10-2 count me out, I'll wait for Final Fantasy Fourteen :wink:

This would all be solved if those fuckers actually put an option for Japanese voice overs with English subs. I don't care if it adds another damn disc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle