Final Fantasy XIII

I really want to kill Vanille. Like straight up murder. She is the most annoying character in the world. I mean Yuffie was bad, but damn. At least she didn't have a voice.

I would be playing this right now...But everywhere I look the PS3 version is fucking sold out...Every store has tons of 360 copies but fuck that, Final Fantasy is meant to be played on Playstations.

i'm a little surprised at people complaining that it starts off to linear - FF7 took a while to get you on the world map, and even then limited you in your ability to explore, only giving vehicles and that as the game progressed.

Green_Lantern said:
I would be playing this right now...But everywhere I look the PS3 version is f****** sold out...Every store has tons of 360 copies but f*** that, Final Fantasy is meant to be played on Playstations.

Haha, normally I would agree. But I have no PS3, along with Devil May Cry converting to Microsoft, it made buying a 360 pretty easy!

Guys..

I've never played Final Fantasy before.
If i pick this up, will i be buried underneath plot and not understand a thing that's going on?

Probably. Especially since it's one of those stories that starts midway between the timeline of events!

Battle system is OK...at best. I'd prefer the simple ATB to be honest. And I'd also prefer random enemy attacks as opposed to them being already there on the field.

And have you guys also noticed...your health goes back to max after every fight?! Whats up with that?!? BOO URNS.

MattAY said:
And I'd also prefer random enemy attacks as opposed to them being already there on the field.
If I ever get into an argument with you, I'm just going to point out that you think random encounters are good, and disregard everything else you have to say. :p

Longo-induced deja vu.

MattAY said:
And have you guys also noticed...your health goes back to max after every fight?! Whats up with that?!? BOO URNS.

This should happen after every boss fight, and that's it.

^My friend had a War/Peace setup with Lightning and Hope, where Lightning would just attack over and over and Hope would heal whoever got attacked. He blew through like 50 battles and one huge boss without ever dying.

Yeah, I do like the Paradigm Shift system. It makes the battles much more dynamic! And whilst the battles flow more, you also think a lot more. It's taking quite a while for me to get used to though. I sometimes dont notice how low Lightning's health is!! I've died a couple of times just because there's so much going on and I haven't noticed the low orange bar.

But health recharging after battle...that's my biggest gripe at the moment...what's Final Fantasy about taht?!!?

Yeah, I don't like how the health bars are just tucked into the corner there. They should be a little more visible since they're a fairly integral part of the game..

Rakon said:
MattAY said:

This should happen after every boss fight, and that's it.

Yeah, that confused the shit out of me when my HP was back up after the battle.

Has anyone battled Odin yet?

What a twat he was! Figured it out after about 4 deaths though.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Metal Gear Solid>Splinter Cell>Syphon Filter, etc.

Saying Splinter Cell is a rip off of MGS is like saying Ghost Recon is a rip off of Doom.

The original Splinter Cell was pretty challenging with a focus on realistic scenarios and thinking outside of the box. Sure, MGS had that as well and there were similarities but I would hardly call one a rip off of the other.

There's a pretty noticeable difference. Some little details are snipped form the 360 version here and there. If you're a Final Fantasy fan it's worth putting up for on the 360.

And seriously MattAY.. some parts just left my jaw hanging open.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod