Final Fantasy XIII

crazycracker22 said:
There's a pretty noticeable difference. Some little details are snipped form the 360 version here and there. If you're a Final Fantasy fan it's worth putting up for on the 360.

And seriously MattAY.. some parts just left my jaw hanging open.

Hrmm thanks Crazy. I bought a 360 way back when hoping I'd have money for a PS3 when the next FF title came out, but it appears that won't happen. Still holding off on getting it for the 360 though, may just wait a month or 2 and borrow a PS3 w/ the game. I want the full experience on my TV!

I've played every FF, of course I was one of those who only heard of the series at FFVII but I went back and played them from the start ... I think I just feel dirty playing it on the 360 over the PS3 even though I'm not a 360 Fanboy..

Haha I was the same at first. I put the disc in the 360, and saw the 360 logo followed by the Square Enix logo...and it just felt wrong!

But after about 2 minutes from seeing the intro movie - I didnt care :D

Jizz-worthy is the word. I can't believe my eyes :shock: but 1 absolutely pedantic gripe I have is the menu sounds. The crystarium and the post battle stat screen kill me. I have my system way loud and every thing sounds good but the jangly twinkles sound rough. I don't know, it's probably just me, anyone else notice this?

They're a little piercing to the ears. But I have no real gripe with it. In terms of sound, I'm annoyed I cant turn up the music, and turn down the effects. I'm loving the soundtrack to this game immensely!

I'm on chapter 11, and it's a proper open world just like FF should be. Exploration city. But because you're limited in terms of levelling throughout most of the game, I'm getting owned by everything except the dogs and flans dammit!!
Friday tonight, which means a potential all-nighter levelling! YES!

MattAY said:
In terms of sound, I'm annoyed I cant turn up the music, and turn down the effects. I'm loving the soundtrack to this game immensely!

So I picked this up for $30 and I have to say...this is the world's longest, spoon-feeding tutorial in the world. It's a fun game and I like how the focus is more on battle command than micromanaging each action, but it feels like they stripped it down a bit too much. Also, too little equipment.

Which leads me to my frustration, item leveling is a bit overwhelming. I want to get it right and use as little resources as possible. Any hints?

Well, you have to test it out and remember the golden components for each item. When I do 3-4 times of a certain item it ups the multiplyer. And I only use the really high XP items when my multiplyer is at least x2.

But I'm not bothering with weapon levelling until I get the best weapon. I'm just levelling accessories.

The fighting at first was a bit frustrating for me. But after a while you have to change between paradigms often. And you can randomly die from shitty small enemies because you dont have the right paradigm presets. It gets better is what I'm trying to say ;)

Use fluids or just any random low exp parts to get your multiplier up to 3X then use Turbojet or Piezoecletictomometer, or what ever it is, once its available. Money makes it easy at end game to lvl so you dont need to worry too much but i dont get why you can lvl every single item even though often it doesn't do any thing except waste exp.

Okay, so Im at a point in the game where I find myself SCREWED.
I put in disc three, got through the whole thing at the beginning, and now Im at the plains where you can start missions. Everything is kicking my ass. I hate it, but I loved the game until now. I cant get any farther when a simple group of mobs kills me.

Hlallu said:
Okay, so Im at a point in the game where I find myself SCREWED.
I put in disc three, got through the whole thing at the beginning, and now Im at the plains where you can start missions. Everything is kicking my ass. I hate it, but I loved the game until now. I cant get any farther when a simple group of mobs kills me.

Haha, I was the same. Just stick to missions and those little dogs and flans. You can try those little guys that summon enemies, as long as you dont let them summon anything!
But when you do mission 7, you can go into a little chocobo area. And the enemy chocobos in there give GREAT CP! I levelled there for ages!

I'm totally disappointed by the fact that I can't change the dub language to Japanese. That's one of the reasons I got the game on the PS3. As for the game itself I can't comment much since I'm only on chapter two.

Fang always has an Aussie accent. But Vanille is sometimes British, sometimes American, sometimes French accent. Punch her, MattAY.

I like how they did something different by splitting the party up and focusing on building story between two or so guys. Instead of just build your team, build it bigger, add in some story here and there.

I'll do more than punch. I'll rape her >serious face< so that she screams in every accent you just mentioned there....that'll teach her!

Yeah, I very much enjoyed Chapter 7 if you guys have got there yet. A lot of emotional wee-wees and boo-boos go on in that chapter! Chapter 8 too SPOILER

when you find out Vanille is the reason Dahj (I thought it was Dodge...which is cooler right?) got turned to crystal. And Sazh then aims to fucking kill Vanille! Then POW, EIDOLON FIGHT!!! BWAAAAHHH!!

So yeah...I love this game.

Agreed.

I feel that the inter-party relations are handled much better, still a little to Japaneezy at times, but it makes a lot less of the focus be on the Big Bad Evil Guys and more on conquering distrust and replacing it with trust...anyways.

Also, I was just waiting for Hope to slam that knife between Snow's shoulder blades as he carried him and then shout something akin to "thanks for the ride, here's your tip!" I'm enjoying this game a lot more than I thought I would, still feel that the battle system is a little too distilled. If they had found a nice balance between this and twelve (removing the gambit systemand replacing them with the paradigm system), I would be much happier.

Haha, I would've LOVED it if that had happened Bret!

I'd actually just prefer it if they had the classic battle system. I want control of my friends, rather than having to shout "Cast slow SLOW SLOOOOOWW!!!"

Also, does it annoy you when you change paradigms, and it does a little animation showing each character changing that you cant skip. Whilst it happens you could be pressing buttons and NOT getting attacked. It probably doesnt make a difference since you'd probably have to wait for your ATB to fill anyway...but still!!

I usually enact a swap right after finishing my turn and by the time the animation is over, they usually are 3/3 or just shy of it. It does seem a bit unnecessary though.

What you said about slow is my biggest problem. "Don't cast Provoke 4 times on the same guy!!! Provoke, guard, guard, guard!!! Noooo!!!"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod