Dark Souls

What do you guys think about the PC version content coming to consoles by way of DLC? Despite prerelease talk being that there would be no DLC and that Dark Souls was a "complete" game.

If you pay attention, you can see Artorias himself at the end of the trailer.

As for the DLC, it is sorta disappointing that they're doing it, and charging so much for it. It's one of those things, though, where I'm pretty damn sure they weren't planning it, but when they got funded for the PC version they decided to add in all the stuff that wasn't ready for the main release.

So I'm happy to see a PC release (especially since it's pretty much been confirmed for Steam) and I'm happy that Bamco and From take feedback like they should (rather than insult the consumers like some other companies do), but I don't want to pay 15 bucks for this.

If it comes to Steam, I'll just buy it on there. Maybe.

Although, that swanky new kick move that's shown off in the trailer may be worth the purchase. Hmmm...

As much as I hate on DLC I <3 the Souls series and From Software so the Artorias of the Abyss DLC for PS3 will be mine!

'Bout to try this again. New character or keep slumming it with the piece of shit I originally started? Also, tips for a new char? What's this Drake Sword I've heard of before?

Might as well just start over.

And the Drake Sword is pretty over rated IMO. Everyone likes it because its really OP in the beginning of the game but it falls behind other weapons really quickly.

OK, so I'd be hurting myself by learning more in the beginning? How regularly do powerful weapons come? Also what class? Basically I feel like I missed out on a bunch of useful stuff because I accidentally killed the first shop dude. :( that was bad huh?

Yeah, that's bad.

And it depends on what you want to do. Out of my playthroughs, the easiest one was with magic, and the most fun/satisfying one was a combination of dexterity and pyromancy. That was more challenging, but more fun.

If you want an easier start, be a pyromancer. You get a good boost at first, which really helps new players.

Yeah, as long as you don't look up the "HERE'S HOW TO BEAT EVERYTHING" guides. Using the wikis to, say, compare weapons or help with little things isn't shameful at all. So that's what I'd recommend.

I need to download Artois of the Abyss and restart a character to run through the game twice since New Game+ is much better than the regular New Game.

I never finished this (couldn't beat the sword puppy) but gonna pick it back up soon. I gimped my Pyro cuz I statted for the cool Dragon King Greataxe which ended up being terrible, restarted as a warrior type. This time around I'll prob go pyro and not gimp myself.

That's one of those bosses that's really easy when you know what you're doing, and when you have a good shield.

Longo_2_guns said:
That's one of those bosses that's really easy when you know what you're doing, and when you have a good shield.

I prefer going light with a two handed sword and just rolling through his swipes, it is a much better fight with two people IMO just cause you won't be as pressured by Sif

Also, not sure if it was an optional area but everytime I got any headway in New Londo the game would freeze up and the ghosts would kill me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod