Dark Souls

What kind of build is everyone going with? I am currently a lvl 24 knight, Way of the White covenant.

vit: 17
att: 10
end: 18
str: 15
dex: 11
res: 12
int: 10
fth: 12

The one I'm currently doing I started as Warrior. Joined up with Way of White so I'd get summoned more. Going to join the Sun once I've helped enough people.

Vit: 12
Att: 10
End: 14
Str: 24
Dex: 14
Res: 11
Int: 9
Fth: 12

Using Zweihander +7 as my main weapon and have Havel's Ring and Ring of Evil Eye as my equipment.

Does Zweihander require a lot of strength or something? So far I have been wielding the battle axe/spear combo. And I just picked up the knight shield awhile ago.

24 strength. So, sort of. It's considerably lower requirement for the damage that it does than most heavy weapons.

Gonna pick up a copy of Dark Souls on PS3 today and start brand new with online enabled.... now that I won't be attacked by ungodly developer invaders.

Just got invaded by the black phantom Kirk Knight...Pretty easy kill actually, now I only need to kill him 2 more times and I get his shit!

That's one of the few NPC Black Phantoms that are in the game.

One of the others, Maneater Minerva (I think they all have names like that) can be summoned for a boss fight after beating her.

Something seems messed up with summoning....Whenever I try to summon someone it always fails, I've been summoned before but I can't ever summon someone else.

Yeah...I finally gave up and solo'ed the Gaping Dragon...Honestly, he's pretty easy after you figure out his predictable pattern.

Also on my very last hit that killed him I chopped off his tail as well so I got the Dragon King Greataxe. Too bad my strength isn't even close to 50 yet.

Gaping Dragon is one of the easiest bosses, I think. If you cut off his tail right away, you can easily beat him without even taking damage.

It's my favorite boss to help people on, because it's easy and you get a TON of souls from it.

Though if Solaire is alive, you can summon him for that fight also.

So I was having a chat with ol' Griggs; decided I needed a sandwich or something, put the controller down and what happens next? I clobber him with my battle axe! So I had to go ahead and murder the poor sap. The only spell I got to buy from him was a lousy magic weapon. Where's that thread about hatin' on the ps3 controller? I gotta few things to add.

Really considering starting my Pyro over again so I can get the NPC that upgrades the Pyro Flame.

I've only gotten to Blight town so far (Screw that place) so it shouldn't take me too long to get back to the same place.

Blighttown is pretty horrible. Make sure you have a bow, the Spider's Shield, and a shitload of blooming purple moss.

Went along with re rolling a Pyro since I killed the pyro NPC and to change up some of my build....Not even 2 hours into this playthrough I'm up to the Bell Gargoyles and SL17....It goes MUCH faster once you know what you're doing and where to go.

Also got invaded for the first time too, by a douche with a Fog Ring and a few spells I've never seen before...He seemed to be a few levels higher than me.

Just killed the Bell Gargoyles with my second Pyro...I feel much better about builds and stuff this time around. Will probably mainly focus on Endurance and Strength and get my Vitality up to around 20 and that should be good.

Right now chilling with SL19
Vit - 13
Att - 12
End - 13
Str - 16
Dex - 12
Res - 12
Int - 10
Faith - 14

Only have the Blue Tearstone Ring so far, but picked up the Drake Sword and a Dragon Crest Shield.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle