Threat to the Kingdom! - Forces of Good victorious!

COMaestro

Veteran
"Here, sir, it's this way."

The Master of Shadows followed the man until they came across a pair of bodies lying in a thicket. In dark cloaks, they were almost invisible, and had not the man noticed a flash of sunlight reflecting from a buckle, they likely would have remained undiscovered for some time.

Leaning over the bodies, the Master of Shadows examined them. There were no obvious signs of death, but something felt...wrong...about them. The men had nothing but the clothes they were wearing. As he rifled through their clothing, the Master of Shadows noticed a small bloodstain on one's jerkin. Pulling it up, he saw runes carved into the chest of the body.

The man behind him gasped at the sight. "What is this, what does it mean, sir?"

Recognizing the runes, the Master of Shadows stood, head bowed. "It means the King is in peril. As are we all." He turned from the bodies and began walking quickly back to the horses.

"These men were some of the elite assassins of our enemy," he continued. "But through dark magic, they have moved their minds and souls into two of our own people."

The man hurried to follow. "You mean, they could be anyone?"

The hooded head moved side to side. "No, only those who would have had a reason to be out this far. Woodcutters, perhaps traveling merchants." The hood turned to the man. "Or hunters, like you." The man gulped, for though the face was masked in shadow, he could still feel eyes boring into him.

They came upon their horses. "I must be away," declared the Master of Shadows. He vaulted upon his horse and rode off, leaving the poor hunter pale and sweating in the cold morning air.

ROLES:

The Forces of Good

The King

The King is much beloved by his people. His grace and wisdom have brought them wealth and prosperity. Such favor oft brings the envy of others, however, and a neighboring kingdom seeks to take all he has built for itself. If the King is killed, the Kingdom will inevitably fall, and the forces of evil will triumph.

The Master of Shadows

The Master of Shadows has spies and informants all through the kingdom, on the alert for threats to the peace. Learning of the invading Assassins, he has had the King disguise himself as a commoner with a magic potion so no one now knows what he looks like. Additionally, he has set out a Decoy to draw attention away from the King. The Master of Shadows knows the identity of the Decoy. Each night, the Master of Shadows may select one person and his spies will inform him of that persons activities, allowing him to determine whether the subject is a loyal member of the kingdom or a vicious assassin.

The Decoy

The Decoy is out to draw attention away from the true King. As such, if the King is chosen by the Assassins, they will actually kill the Decoy instead. If assassinated, either by taking the King's place or by being the target directly, the Decoy will manage to leave a secret message for the Master of Shadows before dying, indicating the identity of one of his killers.

The Captain of the Guards

The Captain of the Guards has also had to go into hiding in order to be protected from the threat of the Assassins. Though the city guard is on high alert already, the Captain can dictate one person each night for extra protection, preventing any attempts on that person's life. He can protect himself in this way, though protecting the King should be his highest priority.

Townspeople

Commoners of the city, the townspeople have no special abilities, but hope to help ferret out the assassins who have invaded their kingdom so peace and stability can return to them.

The Forces of Evil

The Assassins

Two Assassins have invaded the Kingdom, seeking to end the King's life. Each night, they will agree upon one target who will be killed. Additionally, they can leave evidence at the scene of their murders which will be interpreted by the Master of Shadows' informants as evidence of the guilt of a member of the Kingdom. Only one person can be framed in this way per assassination, and it will not happen if the assassination is foiled.

The Assassins win by killing the King. The Forces of Good win when both Assassins are lynched.

Roles have been randomly assigned and PM'd to each player. As per usual, there should be no PM'ing between players unless noted in the PM sent to you by me. Feel free to PM me any questions.

I intend to do 48 hour days due to time differences for some players. For night, once all PM's are in, I will immediately process them and post an update, though if 48 hours goes by and not all PM's are in, I will move forward to the next day and those players will not have acted at night. I will do my best to update by 8 AM PST.

Remember this is a bit of an experiment, so I do apologize if the game does not go well. Good luck, everyone!

Players:

MattAY - Master of Shadows - Assassinated
Longo_2_guns - Decoy - Assassinated in place of the King
UghRochester - Townie - Lynched
StudioTan
Master_Craig - Assassin - Lynched
Green_Lantern
WickedLiquid
cyberjim2000 - Townie - Assassinated
De-Ting - Assassin - Lynched

In defiance of the usual mafia games, we are starting with DAY 1! Discuss what you will.

EDIT: Per usual, bold your lynch choices each day. In the event of a tie, no lynch will occur. Sorry I omitted this important detail. Additionally, the Decoy only protects the King from assassination, not lynching. If the King is lynched the game is over.

Finally I can wear this.

500px-Squidley.jpg

So, what happens during the day?

Master_Craig said:
I didn't get PMED a role, sorry. :p

Odd. I distinctly remember writing it. You have been PM'd your role Craig. Sorry about that.

Note to everyone, I edited the opening post to comment on a couple of lynch rules. They are at the bottom of the post.

So hang on, as it stands is Tingy actually gonna get lynched? We should stop that right?

Ill bolden a No Lynch in there just incase haha ;)

MattAY said:
So hang on, as it stands is Tingy actually gonna get lynched? We should stop that right?

Ill bolden a No Lynch in there just incase haha ;)
I appreciate it, but I don't think it works that way.

No lynch

The townspeople, learning of the threat of the assassins started to become fearful and panic ensued. They all began to eye each other with suspicion. A couple cried out, "De-Ting is acting strangely, he must be one of the assassins. Hang him!"

Cooler heads noted that De-Ting always acted a bit strangely and pleaded with their fellows to wait and trust in the officials to find the invaders.

2 votes to lynch De-Ting.
5 no lynch votes.

(Yes a single lynch vote against a bunch of abstains will result in a lynching.)

It is now Night 1. PM me your actions.

The Master of Shadows sat in his fortified chamber, receiving the latest reports from his informants.

"So," concluded the page before him, "without a doubt he is not one of our invaders."

The Master of Shadows leaned forward, and rested his chin on folded hands. "I did hope we would have more information on these assassins by now." He sighed. "Nothing is ever that easy. Dismissed."

"Yes, sir." Before the page could turn, though, a foot of steel erupted through his chest. Blood. hot and sticky, sprayed from the wound, splashing upon the desk and floor. As the body fell, a figure was revealed behind it.

Already on his feet, the Master of Shadows eyed his opponent and the bloody sword in his hand. "So," he said, "this is the face you have taken." His gaze drifted to the body of the poor page. "I see I was wise to have sent the King away from here if you have infiltrated this deeply so quickly. Well done."

The Assassin gave a slight nod of acknowledgement, but said nothing as he advanced into the room. Knowing the better part of valor, the Master kicked the bottom drawer of his desk. The front of the desk exploded into fire and smoke, making the Assassin fall back.

Under the cover of the smoke, he pressed a section of wall and dashed into an escape tunnel. And right onto the blade of another sword. The second Assassin stood there, the Master impaled upon his blade. He gave it a cruel twist and a bubble of blood burst from the Master's mouth. The Assassin's hand pulled back the hood, revealing the Master's face. "So," he said, "that's what you look like." He gave the sword another twist and leaned forward to whisper, "It was hard to find you, but it does no good to be so secretive yourself, yet allow others to come meet with you."

The Master of Shadows gasped his last breath. The Assassin let his body fall to the floor and gazed down at MattAY's face before turning away. He and his companion left through the escape tunnel.

MattAY, the Master of Shadows, has been assassinated. It is now DAY 2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle