Stan Lee - December 28, 1922 – November 12, 2018

While we are at it, can you explain to me... this?
guardians.jpg

WHERE'S QUASAR? I DEMAND QUASAR!
AND ADAM WARLOCK! WHERE IS ADAM WARLOCK?

Honestly, I don't mind the Batmobile. This is a world where two aliens managed to level half of metropolis in a fist fight. Batman isn't dumb, and car mounted artillery isn't a handgun.

I was going to say the Batmobile looks exactly like the Batmobile from Arkham Knight, but with wings. However, Paradox beat me to it.

Paradox said:
I'm sure it only fires rubber bullets or tranq rounds or something else non lethal.

Probably, but I do find it funny the idea that Batman would go around shooting and murdering everyone.

Snyder, you know Batman doesn't kill.
BUT IT'LL BE IN SLOW MOTION!!!!

Mostly tv news this week, but it’s the only chance I’ll likely have for an update until next week, so here you go.

A live action Teen Titans TV series is reportedly near a pilot order. If it moves forward, it will air on TNT. Akiva Goldsman and Marc Haimes are on board as writers, with Goldsman executive producing and Haimes acting as co-executive producer. It’s still not clear if the focus of the show would be on a younger teen team, or a more mature Titans version.

A tv show is in the works for CW based on the Vertigo comic iZombie. It’s about a medical student named Gwen who becomes a zombie and joins a coroner's office in order to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat so that she can maintain her humanity. But every brain she eats, she also inherits their memories and must now solve their deaths with help from the medical examiner and a police detective.

Fox has ordered a pilot for Lucifer, based on the DC/Vertigo comic of the same name. Lucifer made an appearance in the Sandman comics and had his own miniseries and solo series as well. The show will follow the title character after he's given up his hellish realm and moved on to the human world, where he'll embrace the Los Angeles lifestyle by opening an exclusive piano bar called Lux.

Greg Berlanti, who produces Arrow and The Flash on The CW, is reportedly being tapped to executive-produce a Supergirl TV series for Warner Bros TV. If it moves forward, it will then be shopped around to the networks to find a home, similar to how Gotham landed on Fox.

Nick Tarabay (Spartacus) will show up on Arrow for a couple of episodes as Digger Harkness, aka Captain Boomerang. Over on The Flash, Dominic Purcell (Prison Break) will show up as Mick Rory, aka the villain Heat Wave.

Scott Glenn (The Silence of the Lambs, The Bourne Ultimatum / Legacy) will be joining Daredevil as Stick, Matt Murdock’s mentor.

On Agents of SHIELD, Brian Patrick Wade (Teen Wolf, The Guardian) will show up as Carl Creel, aka The Absorbing Man.

The video is at range and kinda fuzzy, but here’s the Batmobile in hot pursuit of a camera truck on the set of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. And I got a couple more shots of it from other angles.
bvs-batmobilebright02.jpg

bvs-batmobile-lights.jpg

A few days ago, rumors began to circulate that one of the Batmobiles used for filming had been stolen from the set. It turned out to be false, but Zack Snyder still had a little fun with the story:
3e092281a8501b7322a6f5996455335d095c9e16.jpg

The early Ant-Man footage shown at Comic-Con has yet to leak online - but the audio to it has. An attendee with a great memory and art skills drew up a storyboard of what was shown and paired it with the audio to create a rough Ant-Man trailer.

Doctor Strange now has an official release date and will mystify theatergoers on July 8, 2016. Production starts this fall and filming begins next May.

I’ll end with Italian Spider-Man!

Im guessing that the overwhelming positive reaction to that leaked Deadpool test footage from a couple of months ago caught the attention of the execs at Fox because it's been greenlit and the Deadpool movie is officially happening. It has even already been given a release date of February 12, 2016. Tim Miller will direct and Ryan Reynolds will reprise the role of Wade Wilson / Deadpool.

For this to be successful, Fox just needs to let Miller and Reynolds do whatever they want and let it be a hard R film.

deadpool.jpg

It looks like that Supergirl TV show is indeed moving forward. I guess because they were feeling left out and wanted a comic inspired show of their own, CBS will be the home of the show and have given it a series commitment.

Heres the first look at Adrianne Palicki as Bobbi Morse (the future Mockingbird) on an upcoming episode of Agents of SHIELD.
agents-shield-adrianne-palicki-mockingbird-1_0.jpg

On the upcoming Agent Carter, Shea Whigham (Boardwalk Empire, The Wolf of Wall Street), will play SSR Chief Roger Dooley, Peggy Carter's commanding officer. Also, Dominic Cooper will appear as Howard Stark, but most likely in a pop-up role instead of as a regular.

Earlier this year, New Line had appointed Dan Trachtenberg to direct a film based on Y: The Last Man. Well, Trachtenberg says that film is now dead and won’t happen. At least not his version. Since the movie won’t be made, the film rights have reverted back to the comics creators, Brian K. Vaughan and Pia Guerra.

Director Andrew Adamson (Chroicles of Narnia) has signed on to adapt the Dark Horse miniseries Breath of Bones to film. The story is set during World War II and follows the events after a British plane crashes into a Jewish village. The crash brings the attention of Nazi soldiers, forcing the villagers to defend themselves, with one rabbi and his grandson building a Golem creature and bringing the great beast to life.

While it has yet to receive an official green light, Warner Bros wants David Ayer (Fury, End of Watch) to direct a potential Suicide Squad film.

Superman protests on the set of Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
SupermanProtest3.jpg

Even burning a Superman dummy in effigy
SupermanProtest4.jpg

X-Men: Days of Future Past hits DVD and Blu-Ray in a couple of weeks, but if you can wait until next summer, you can buy the ‘Rogue Cut’ which will have 10 extra minutes of footage including all the scenes of Anna Paquin as Rogue that were cut from the theatrical release.

X-Men screenwriter David Hayter (and superior Solid Snake voice actor, suck it Sutherland) said that in the early 2000s he had been commissioned by Marvel to write a script for a Black Widow movie. It was to use the backdrop of the splintered Soviet Empire and would’ve followed Widow’s early training in Russia. Once the Soviet Union fell, she would have moved to America and trained with her mentor Ivan Petrovich (the Crimson Dynamo). The film would’ve also featured big twists, the CIA and double agents. But due to the oversaturation of female lead action movies and failures of related films like Aeon Flux, the project was put on indefinite hold. A few years later, work began on a little film called Iron Man and the rest is history.

The first trailer for The Avengers: Age of Ultron is said to be attached to either Interstellar, Big Hero 6, or maybe both. Both films release on November 7th.

New trailer for Big Hero 6. Tells more about the story than the last trailer. Think I’ll go see this.

Guardians of the Galaxy comes to DVD and Blu-Ray on December 9th.

For the past month or so, Marvel has been courting Joaquin Phoenix to play The Sorcerer Supreme in Doctor Strange. Phoenix, however, is unsure about committing to a multi-picture contract, all the green screen work that would be involved and a few other concerns. So moving on, it’s being reported that they’re now talking with their next choice, Ethan Hawke, and Hawke is up for the part. Since neither Marvel nor Hawke’s camp has confirmed or denied yet, this is still firmly in the realm of RUMOR. Hawke worked with director Scott Derrickson before on Sinister, and if this turns out to be true, I say good casting choice.

I’ll end with this video that James Gunn shared of an animatronic Rocket Raccoon that he found quite unsettling.

BONUS - Here’s an interesting fan made Spawn short film. It starts out kinda slow, but towards the middle it gets pretty cool.

I really have my doubts about the Deadpool movie.

Considering FOX's Marvel films love their continuity with the X-Men movies and since Reynolds will be playing Deadpool, I just have a horrible feeling the film is going to be connected to Wolverine Origins.

Well, they've already said how Days of Future Past rewrote a lot of continuity across all the films, so I'm hoping the Origins Deadpool stuff was part of that. Director Tim Miller would have to know that any tie to that version would be box office suicide. As for Reynolds, his parts in Origins as Wade Wilson were actually pretty good.

Wishful thinking aside, I don't see Fox giving Deadpool an R rated theatrical release. I'm betting Miller will push PG-13 as hard as he can and go unrated for the disc release. A good experiment for Fox would be to release two versions simutaneously in theaters, similar to 2D and 3D, but instead of 3D, have one version PG-13, the other R and see which one does better.

What really matters is that we have a director and actor that truly love the character and the source material.

For the past month or so, Marvel has been courting Joaquin Phoenix to play The Sorcerer Supreme in Doctor Strange. Phoenix, however, is unsure about committing to a multi-picture contract, all the green screen work that would be involved and a few other concerns. So moving on, it’s being reported that they’re now talking with their next choice, Ethan Hawke, and Hawke is up for the part. Since neither Marvel nor Hawke’s camp has confirmed or denied yet, this is still firmly in the realm of RUMOR. Hawke worked with director Scott Derrickson before on Sinister, and if this turns out to be true, I say good casting choice.

Not sure how I feel about that one. (Ethan Hawke) Can't really see it, but we've heard that before so who knows...

As of today, Pheonix is completely out and while I wouldn't mind Hawke, he's still just rumored at this point. Regardless of who it is, I fully expect an official announcement very soon.

Robert Downey Jr. to appear in Captain America 3 as Tony Stark and to help kick off the Marvel Civil War.

Robert Downey Jr. is on the verge of signing on to “Captain America 3,â€

Lethean said:
Oh and apparently Marvel is rebooting the Civil War with a new issue in 2015 as a refresher of sorts for those who missed it the first time around. Because you know, not as many people will spend money on the graphic novel as they would a brand new reimagining of it.
They're also doing a reboot (rerun?) of Secret Wars. Because can't make money off something from thirty years ago.

Yeah, I'm very disappointed with what Marvel is doing right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod