So Stal...

Green_Lantern said:
The proper form of English too I'm sure. We don't need extra "u"s in our words.

At least were consistent...let me pour you a drink GL, and have a colourful chat about it.

As a 26 year old who was dropped from his parents healthcare, who goes to college weekdays and works on the weekends, and found out that I make below the poverty line and the only subsidies in my state are for people who make 100%-400% the poverty line.

I cant afford healthcare, the government wont help pay for my healthcare, and in fact they are going to tax me $95 for not having insurance, $325 the year after, $695 the year after that and I still will have no health insurance.

I wish I had Canadian healthcare.

Sourdeez said:
As a 26 year old who was dropped from his parents healthcare, who goes to college weekdays and works on the weekends, and found out that I make below the poverty line and the only subsidies in my state are for people who make 100%-400% the poverty line.

I cant afford healthcare, the government wont help pay for my healthcare, and in fact they are going to tax me $95 for not having insurance, $325 the year after, $695 the year after that and I still will have no health insurance.

I wish I had Canadian healthcare.

Your college doesn't provide healthcare?

Come to Canada deez, hell come to Toronto. We're further south than Washington, Montanta, North Dakota, Minnesota, etc.

It won't even feel like you left.

Yeah wait times are brutal man. It is not perfect that's for sure. Unless you're having a heart attack or giving birth, expect to wait 4-5 hours to see a doctor at the hospital. But we're not drowning in taxes like in France. And if it isn't major it's also free to see your family doctor by appointment or stop in at a walk-in clinic.

Still, Canada isn't as great as we like to pretend. After all the NHL is a cruel joke that steals our best players then uses them to defeat our teams :(

and we still have Quebec...

Interestingly enough I just re-applied for health insurance, and got it this time.

Last time, I was working two jobs and had bullshit coverage and high premiums. Now, I am working two jobs with no coverage. Go figure.

Both of those jobs are college teaching positions too...which give no coverage because of the mass movement to adjunct and part time work.

Sourdeez, I'm with you on moving to Canada.

Bretimus_v2 said:
I was just joking. But 4 hours...what if my diarhea doesn't feel like staying civil that long?

Oh I know you were kidding, come on it's me :D But there is some truth to what you said. Canada is still a great country though and when you guys had Bush in power it made us look like a tropical paradise.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle