When Shit Hits the Fan!

So being that I am in the Army, I am always imagining certain scenarios where I may need to get the hell out and fast. This is know as "When shit hits the fan" quite common expression. My questions, what would you grab if the shit hit the fan and we were about to be in a great deal of hurt as a country? Could anything from being invaded by ISIS or a huge economic collapse. What would be in your bug out bag and what weapons would you bring?

Bug out bag! HAHAHAHA nice, are you a doomsday prepper? This thread should be about our Ideal bunkers.. Mine would be circular and 1 story below ground with solar tubing providing me my daylight.

I dont currently have one, but I should slowly stock mine. I own a sort range and a long ranged weapon and my apartment is extremely fortifiable.

I think the only OH SHIT scenario I would see, living on the SF coast, would be nuclear or Tsunami. In both cases we would recover and the city would help us out. Its one of the reasons I enjoy living in the Bay, because I feel like if shit hit the fan world wide we would not cannibalize each other. there are enough reasonable people and commune type environments.

Invading the US would also be EXTREMELY foolish since a large percentage of the population is patriotic and armed. It would be a VERY slow crawl for any occupying force and they would be fighting a guerrilla battle like nothing you've ever seen in the middle east b/c we are REALLY savvy and resourceful.

So that only leaves economic collapse and disease spreading and in that situation everyone will be hurting but again the Bay is sensible. Mad max, fallout, and wasteland will only happen due to nukes.

Bug out bags.. lol. I like the idea of survivability and bunkers, but I think the reasons people build them are foolish. Prepping for an invasion is just as likely as prepping for zombie infestation or alien invasion. BBUT IF IT HAPPENS Basically, get enough supplies so you can law low and be self sufficient for a month. During the chaos a lot of people are going to die so don't venture outside unless you have to. Also, get a hobby/skill that you can profit from or trade. I brew beer my partner grows hops (tho not in large quantities). I will have MANY friends during the apocalypse.

/rant <---I forget but I think I saw someone up here do this.. I like it, so I stole it.

Sourdeez said:
So the NSA can read this? No thanks.
Sourdeez said:
As a heavy drug user I really loved the hallucinations.
qTiz4ZD.jpg

It would be so very fun watching any invaders attempting to find me in the bush.
Wouldn't even need to do anything, let the snakes and spiders do it all for me.

Don't really have a specific bag prepared, however i have got a box of bottled water (24) combined with a couple knives and basic tools all in the back of a 22R hilux, couple 20L cans of fuel in the shed easy enough to throw in which is the current plan.

Biggest problem to me making a proper bug out bag is needing a gun. Handguns are hard to get legally, however a lever action shotgun is both excellent and legal. Would need to keep it in a gun safe which kind've defeats the point of the bag if i didn't want to get fine-raped if the cops ever come round, but meh. The flip side is just go pick up a handgun illegally which is piss easy, but then how do you get ammunition?
Even without a gun i need to get one prepared. It's been on my list for a while but because of the money needed and lack of use has always been dropped down, but it could always be a good thing to have. In this country with its fucktarded laws if someone comes into my house with a knife, stabs me and i manage to get the knife from them stabbing and killing them in the process, my bitch ass is going to jail for years. Because that can get fucked, i'd need a way to get out of here.
Now, jerky or beans...

Our house is fairly secure, but it's in a suburban location, so I guess that isn't really ideal but can't really do much about that I suppose.

Every wet season (we only have two seasons here, Wet and Dry) we have cyclone warnings, so we're always advised to have cyclone emergency kits.

Our place is stocked up with a lot of water. Lots of 600ml bottled water, and I mean a lot. We also have a radio, batteries, first aid kits, basic medial supplies (medicines and other stuff), flash lights etc. We also have a lot of long lasting food. We have other items as well that may be of use, such as binoculars, crates etc. We also have gas for purpose of cooking.

Weapon wise... well, as madster111 has already pointed out, firearms are a bit tricky here in Australia. It's very difficult to own a handgun legally, but a rifle or a shotgun (no full or semi auto) is allowed. I also have very little experience with firearms, e.g. I would probably suck.

I'm not a small person (6'3 +220 Ibs), pretty fit and strong, I have over six years of judo training and nearly two years of wing chun kung fu training. In saying that though, if I don't have to fight anyone then I won't, I'd rather avoid physical confrontation, especially if they're armed. I've had some training with the use of knives but in saying that, I'm not confident in my skill with a knife.

Weapon-wise we do have a lot of random stuff... cricket bats, hockey stick, a baton, bow staff (my brothers did karate a long time ago), kitchen knives, axes, sledge hammers, brick hammers etc. Nothing too exciting or extreme.

This house hold has four cars, two of which would be perfect for transporting multiple people and gear (one car being a 4WD and the other car being a station wagon), so I suppose we have one of few escape vehicles to choose from. Escape would probably be the "bug out" plan, but where to though? No idea.

I don't know how far the 4WD can go but my car can only travel about five hundred kilometers before it's empty... so yeah.

Master_Craig said:
Weapon wise... well, as madster111 has already pointed out, firearms are a bit tricky here in Australia. It's very difficult to own a handgun legally, but a rifle or a shotgun (no full or semi auto) is allowed. I also have very little experience with firearms, e.g. I would probably suck.
I'd really recommend learn how to handle a rifle, i've been shooting at a mates place a few times and it doesn't take long to learn how to hit a roo-head-sized target from a decent enough distance to be a truly useful skill.
Hell, all you really need is a .22 for rabbits and you're good for a large geographic area for a decent length of time.

For the americans, aus law is that you need a gun license (of varying classes) to own one, along with a gun safe with a separate ammunition compartment. Applications go through the local police station and they also approve weapon sales, the way it works is this:
-Rimfire rifles (bolt/lever action) and shotguns (single-shot/lever action) are under the A license which is piss easy to get. You need a 'genuine reason' to get it which in theory is meant to restrict it, in practice paint ball guns are under the same license so they basically hand them out like skittles.
-Centrefire rifles are only marginally more difficult under the B license, you have to have a 'genuine need' which explains why you can't use a rimfire (ie, 22s). The correct answer to this question is 'roos', at which point you give them the money and they give you a Category A&B license which is the most common kind. I'd like to point out that this enables you to, in theory, own a PTRD-41 or similar anti-tank rifle (<15mm) 100% legally in any state in australia, although unless you're bro'd up with your local cops they're unlikely to let you.
-Handguns, semi-auto rimfires and semi-auto shotguns (C/H) are pretty much equal in terms of difficulty to get. You have to have an actual reason for owning one, such as a security guard for the handgun or an occupational shooter for the rifle/shotgun. If you get paid to go, say, cull wild pig populations or similar it's likely you'll get a class C license for a semi-auto shotgun.
-Centrefire semi-autos and shotguns holding more than 5 rounds (D) are very difficult to get, you'll generally only find civilians with these out on massive farms in the middle of nowhere.
Fully automatic rifles and similar can't be had legally, and there are very few in this country illegally.

Wow Madster. Makes me happy to live in Missouri. The only thing we get around here is a concealed/open carry license.

Madster, I thought semi-automatic weapons were banned in Australia ever since the 1996 Port Arthur Massacre?

I've rarely fired a rifle. I can only recall a few times when I have. The first time was when I was twelve, on a family friend's farm in Queensland. The second time was for school - for about four weeks straight, once a week, we went to a shooting range and got to shoot small rifles at targets for PE class.

Shooting is a sport too, right?

Sourdeez said:
Wow Madster. Makes me happy to live in Missouri. The only thing we get around here is a concealed/open carry license.

Open carry licenses are soo dumb. Concealed carry is sensible. Open carry and wearing it on your hip means you have a mental defect.

I heard a story on the news that somewhere in America, two men got into an argument with one another as they were both carrying a holstered pistol on their hip each, they argued demanding to see the other's open carry license, neither backed down and apparently the argument escalated to the point where they both hand their hands on their weapons, ready to draw.

This was apparently on day one of when open carry became legal in a particular state/city. :/

Awesome! Im glad this post got some attention! lol
But yes, if I do my job correctly hopefully this stuff wont happen, however lone wolf attacks are being carried out, and I cant be there every single time someone thinks it will be a good idea to break into their house. being that I am in the Army Infantry, you would expect that I like guns right? Well you're right. Between my grandfather's guns and mine we have over 150 guns. My over 14 AR's, 6 snipers, lots of shotguns, lots of other rifles, and a ton of pistols. My favorite is my tactical Remington 700, shoots the .338 lapua round. This gun is almost identical to the gun that Chris Kyle used in the movie American Sniper. Besides that, I wouldnt say I am a crazy prepper, I dont have time really to prep, but I do like learning new skills to help me survive. I have taken many primitive survival courses that have shown me how to survive in almost any environment, pretty cool eh?

Am I just the only one that does this stuff or have you guys taken similar courses?

Master_Craig said:
Madster, I thought semi-automatic weapons were banned in Australia ever since the 1996 Port Arthur Massacre?

I've rarely fired a rifle. I can only recall a few times when I have. The first time was when I was twelve, on a family friend's farm in Queensland. The second time was for school - for about four weeks straight, once a week, we went to a shooting range and got to shoot small rifles at targets for PE class.

Shooting is a sport too, right?

yes definitely get comfortable with shooting. if you ever have to shoot or want to shoot, it is simple a good resource and skill to have. I like to shoot competitively, over 1000m long with the .338 lapua. Shooting is a sport, its even in the Olympics!

Optimus-Crime said:
Take it from me, when the shit hits the fan the last thing should do is turn the fan on.

Kind of hard to argue with that pearl of wisdom.

As for some of the other people posting in here...

watch_out_calvin__we_got_a_badass_over_here_by_thewulfman-d54w2h9.png

This guy^^^ lol

So what would a badass be to you? I hope you dont think im just some kid playing battlefield and thinking this is how it should be done, because if so you are sadly mistaken..lol

perhaps a crazy gamer is a badass?..lol

gopstopper said:
This guy^^^ lol

So what would a badass be to you? I hope you dont think im just some kid playing battlefield and thinking this is how it should be done, because if so you are sadly mistaken..lol

perhaps a crazy gamer is a badass?..lol

I don';t think you're some kid playing Battlefield. I think you're a regular dude in the Army. I was in the infantry for a brief period of time. I have a lot of friends in the Army. Even a couple from the 101st. The thing is, they don't go around talking about how badass they are or dropping the fact they're in the army every chance they get or making it seem like they're these big bads. Honestly, I learned better training in terms of fighting outside of the military and their basic fighting techniques.

The people I knew in the army and was in the army with, if they talked about how well trained and badass they were, they probably weren't.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo