So Stal...

Bretimus_v2 said:
My children will never know my userids if I live right.
If I do things right, my children will never know the existence of the internet until they are in their teens.

There's nothing for them before then.

Longo_2_guns said:
Bretimus_v2 said:
My children will never know my userids if I live right.
If I do things right, my children will never know the existence of the internet until they are in their teens.

There's nothing for them before then.

Good luck. Might be difficult with the phones and tablets and gaming systems and what not.

Longo_2_guns said:
Yeah, they aren't having any of those things. They can have regular cell phones, books, and puzzles.

Don't regular cell phones have internet still?

Books and puzzles I approve of though! More books is a good thing.

Cant get around the gadgets, because there's always the one nobhead kid in the class whose daddy buys him everything.

LinksOcarina said:
MattAY said:
Cant get around the gadgets, because there's always the one nobhead kid in the class whose daddy buys him everything.

just one?

Try two dozen.

Haha, parents are done for!

They just use it for bloody games and fucking around anyway. It's either get a phone or borrow and break daddy's phone.

But when other kids in the class are getting one thats when it starts. "Do you have instagram"?

BOOM!

They're teenagers at age 8.

MattAY said:
LinksOcarina said:
MattAY said:

just one?

Try two dozen.

Haha, parents are done for!

They just use it for bloody games and fucking around anyway. It's either get a phone or borrow and break daddy's phone.

But when other kids in the class are getting one thats when it starts. "Do you have instagram"?

BOOM!

They're teenagers at age 8.

To be fair, when I was 8 years old the internet and cell phones didn't exist, but I was already rather self-dependent and in that sort of "leave me alone no one gets me" phase.

Sometimes I still feel that way, although its real fleeting.

Master_Craig said:
I first used the Internet when I was eleven years old, to play lots and lots of Diablo.

My first use, I was 11. I was on the Nintendo Power chat boards talking about video games. I also had been playing great CD Rom games like Command: Aces of the Deep and Air Power

Fun times...

My first internet use was on Yahoo Chat and MSN Messenger - bloody good memories they were.

I got the internet when it was still new and exciting and parents didn't exactly know what it was exactly. But us kids knew, oh yes, we knew...

I think all the kids suckered their parents into getting us the internet. I would tell my mom how it was the greatest encyclopedia ever and showed her a demo of it at a store that displayed a speech by JFK.

Like with the Super Nintendo and the N64 my mom caved and got the internet! I was so excited. I got home, plugged the phone cord into my computer, dialed up, listened to all the funny noises and BAM! I was introduced to the information age.

But like I said earlier, all us kids knew the powers of the internet. So I opened up my web browser and for my first search ever I typed.... "Boobs".

The thought of my future children having access to a phone with mobile data/wifi capabilities at the age of 8 terrifies me.

Reading this thread gave me warm feelings in my swim-suit area. I felt as though I was browsing GR circa 2006. It's good to see the community is still alive today.

Apologies for reviving a dead post. I haven't been around these parts in some time and I wanted to catch up on news.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle