So Stal...

De-Ting

Rookie
...if you really are Stal,

12057140933641.jpg

this is where we ask you questions like "where you been?" and "how are you?"

Hi De-Ting! I've mostly working! And getting old. And becoming a father! (A lot of you are facebook friends so this is old and boring news.)

How are you?!

(I was playing Destiny with an old GR staff member last night and we were waxing nostalgic about GR and how it was the GiantBomb of its day, subversive, sarcastic, great community, wars with Jack Thompson etc... It made me want to come back and say Hello :) So Hello!)

StalfrosCC said:
(I was playing Destiny with an old GR staff member last night and we were waxing nostalgic about GR and how it was the GiantBomb of its day, subversive, sarcastic, great community, wars with Jack Thompson etc...

well.. what do they & you think it is now?

I can't speak for the other individual, however to me GR will always be home. GR is still in all of my usernames/gamertags etc and always will be. I grew up with GR.

However, social media has changed the landscape for online communities. I'm "friends" with a majority of you in other spaces built for communication and the sharing of ideas.

I can't speak for the site's actual content... after Duke left I sort of stopped paying attention to that... so I'm not really a good person to ask.

WR- GiantBomb is just another massively popular gaming/social community.

Welcome back, Stalfros. Good to hear you've been doing well, and also very busy!

Good luck with your future endeavours. Sounds like you've got a fair bit on your plate there.

In all fairness, glad to see Stal has come back to say hello to most of us. Always nice to see a old school person visit, specially when one could be looked as a mentor.

UghRochester said:
In all fairness, glad to see Stal has come back to say hello to most of us. Always nice to see a old school person visit, specially when one could be looked as a mentor.
Are you calling Stal your mentor?

StalfrosCC said:
Hi De-Ting! I've mostly working! And getting old. And becoming a father! (A lot of you are facebook friends so this is old and boring news.)

How are you?!

(I was playing Destiny with an old GR staff member last night and we were waxing nostalgic about GR and how it was the GiantBomb of its day, subversive, sarcastic, great community, wars with Jack Thompson etc... It made me want to come back and say Hello :) So Hello!)

Hello! Welcome back. Stay a while. Congrats on being a dad.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle