• Europe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Middle East

• Australia / NZ

• Total voters
thetank said:
I've always wanted to go to Ireland. That, and Italy.
Ireland is pretty cool. Just dont go into the northern part. Almost everything is in Gailic up there....unless you can speak Gailic. In that case, more power to ya.

oh... See I thought you were using bollocks in the form of "bullsh**" becuase you might be skeptical about my claim that the northern part of Ireland contains mostly Gailic.

Na, I use bollocks in the other way. I read somewhere about Northern Ireland being Gallic, but I didn't know it was almost all Gallic.

Well, to give you an idea...
I think about every road sign up there is printed in Gailic and the people are more prone to speaking it the farther north you go.

They have gaillic in Ireland, but not as much in N.Ireland (remember those are two different states) The Republic of Ireland, and the Northern Ireland.

Tank, I did track down those L&P ads, quite funny. But since NZ is related to the british, then their humour is very a like. So therefore also very alike with the danish one :)

Which of the states is part of Great Britain?

And yeah, apparently we're still a colony of Britain. You wouldn't know it, what with our Prime Minister texting on her mobile phone during one of the Queen's addresses.

My mother is from England originally, so it wouldn't hurt to go and visit one day.

For those of you who have no idea what L&P is, allow me to redirect your attention here, here, and for another piece of what we call Kiwiana, here.

Northern Ireland is still part of the United Kingdom (but I'm pretty sure it's not a part of Great Britain) while if you hint at a person from the Republic of Ireland being British in anyway you'll be a smack to the face if you're lucky.

Sam

Right. According to Wikipedia, the UK is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

"The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom, the UK, or Britain, is a sovereign island country located off the northwestern coast of mainland Europe comprising of the four constituent countries; England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland."

So going by that, you could call a Northern Irish British, yeah?

Well, technically, yes, they're "British." But the reason they use Gailic up there is to pretty much "resist" the English presence. It's the most the Irish can do to piss off the Brits without actually starting anything violent.